So is it Peko or Vincent Taylor to replace Harry?

Da webster guy

23 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I wonder if we even might be able to trade someone.  We have Kroft coming off of injury soon and will need a roster spot

Kroft is already on the roster - we do not need a spot for him.

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

If it were me, I would activate both and cut Ike Boettger... they are going to need rotation on the line for the Pats anyways, and Phillips was playing outstanding in both penetration and gap filling.

Add both guys to the active roster and start a 5 man rotation rather than a 4 man rotation using Taylor and Peko situtationally based on their strengths.  

When you have a gluttony of skill like we had coming in with Star, Phillips, Phillips and Oliver you can have just 4 DTs, but when you're trying to figure out your situation because of injury IMHO you're better off having more bodies and giving both guys a shot rather than just 1.

If they are doing this, since we would need to cut someone, I would promote one in Harry's spot since he's going to IR, but I would wait until Thursday or Friday to promote the other one and make the corresponding roster move to cut someone.  That will severely limit the Pats ability to sign the guy we cut and pump him for information.

I don’t think they can get rid of an Olineman right now with Feliciano hurt and Ty getting banged up weekly.

You need the Oline depth and you should be ok activating either of the guys on the Dline to fill in for Harry.

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Kroft is already on the roster - we do not need a spot for him.

I don’t think they can get rid of an Olineman right now with Feliciano hurt and Ty getting banged up weekly.

You need the Oline depth and you should be ok activating either of the guys on the Dline to fill in for Harry.

They have plenty of O-Line....

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Feliciano - Ty

McDermott - Long - Bates - Boettger - Ford

If you cut Boettger you still have McDermott (OT) Ford (OT/OG), Long (OG/C), and Bates (OT/OG/C)... more than enough depth with guys who can all play multiple positions. 

If Feliciano can't go, you start Ford at RG and Ty at RT (which they should do anyways). You still have Long and Bates active as your interior backups and McDermott as your backup OT.  

If Ty then goes down you'd rotate over Ford to RT, and kick Long in at OG.  For rotation or disaster situation you still have Bates and McDermott to rotate in for the interior and edges of the line. 

That's how they will do it regardless of if Boettger is on the team, the guy hasn't been active for 3 weeks.  

The Bills are an anomaly having this many linemen, most teams carry 8, we care carrying 9. 

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

They have plenty of O-Line....

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Feliciano - Ty

McDermott - Long - Bates - Boettger - Ford

If you cut Boettger you still have McDermott (OT) Ford (OT/OG), Long (OG/C), and Bates (OT/OG/C)... more than enough depth with guys who can all play multiple positions. 

If Feliciano can't go, you start Ford at RG and Ty at RT (which they should do anyways). You still have Long and Bates active as your interior backups and McDermott as your backup OT.  

If Ty then goes down you'd rotate over Ford to RT, and kick Long in at OG.  For rotation or disaster situation you still have Bates and McDermott to rotate in for the interior and edges of the line. 

That's how they will do it regardless of if Boettger is on the team, the guy hasn't been active for 3 weeks.  

The Bills are an anomaly having this many linemen, most teams carry 8, we care carrying 9. 

I also think they are carrying so many as potential trade bait later in the season.  Linemen are always going down and teams get needy.  These guys are 3rd string for the Bills but could be seen as 2nd string or starters on other teams if the need arises.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I just wish there were more options...no one is talking about  if there is anybody else.

It’s too bad Suh ended up signing this year. Would have love to bring him in. The good thing about a DT is you can always try to trade for one too. It isn’t like they need to learn an overly complication position with a whole host of specific plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bills2ref said:

It’s too bad Suh ended up signing this year. Would have love to bring him in. The good thing about a DT is you can always try to trade for one too. It isn’t like they need to learn an overly complication position with a whole host of specific plays. 

i know there are some issues there, but not AB issues as they stand right now.  I would have considered him, too.

The thing is if we were to trade for anyone before the deadline I would like it to be a WR.