So is it Peko or Vincent Taylor to replace Harry?

Da webster guy

Peko has been with us all year through camp and Taylor was a surprise cut we added to the practice squad a few weeks ago from Miami who played pretty well for them the past few years but had injuries both years.  My Dolphins fan buddy said he was impactful and stout in the middle but apparently not a scheme fit for Flores in Miami.  

Last time we played the Pats (minus Milano) they shredded us for almost 300 rushing yards.  We only have Star, Ed and Jordan Philips in the middle so obviously someone needs to fill in for Harry.  They wouldn't activate both dudes would they?  

Edited by Da webster guy

Sounds like Taylor is more of a DT 1 gap player. He is best at gap penetration. Miami was wanting him to play over the guard and eat up linemen. He is 6’3 310 pounds which is almost exactly what Harry is. Could be a very similar player to Harrison if healthy.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I go with Taylor. This: https://www.pff.com/news/pro-10-record-breaking-rookies-from-the-2017-nfl-season

8. Vincent Taylor, DI, Miami Dolphins

Vincent Taylor

PFF Era Record BrokenHighest run-stop percentage recorded by a rookie defensive tackle

The former Oklahoma State Cowboy was taken in the sixth round of the NFL draft and was a real difference-maker for the Dolphins defense when he saw the field. Throughout the campaign, Taylor produced 12 run stops on just 89 run-defense snaps, resulting in a run-stop percentage of 13.5 percent, the best mark ever recorded by a defensive tackle.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

My guess would be Taylor, based on the role he'll be asked to fill.  Peko is even smaller than Harrison Phillips for the one tech spot.  Though somewhat bigger, Taylor was not exactly known for having a solid base coming out of college.  Hopefully, that has improved after a couple years in pro football.

If it were me, I would activate both and cut Ike Boettger... they are going to need rotation on the line for the Pats anyways, and Phillips was playing outstanding in both penetration and gap filling.

Add both guys to the active roster and start a 5 man rotation rather than a 4 man rotation using Taylor and Peko situtationally based on their strengths.  

When you have a gluttony of skill like we had coming in with Star, Phillips, Phillips and Oliver you can have just 4 DTs, but when you're trying to figure out your situation because of injury IMHO you're better off having more bodies and giving both guys a shot rather than just 1.

If they are doing this, since we would need to cut someone, I would promote one in Harry's spot since he's going to IR, but I would wait until Thursday or Friday to promote the other one and make the corresponding roster move to cut someone.  That will severely limit the Pats ability to sign the guy we cut and pump him for information.

• Like (+1) 2