How the Bills beat the Pats

Inigo Montoya

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

6.  Josh Allen needs to run the ball.   Allen has made huge strides as a pocket passer this year and I have no problem with him throwing the ball 30+ times if we need to, but I think Daboll needs to tell him to not think twice about pulling the ball down and taking off this weekend.  He hasn't been running as much this year because he has had a better pocket to stand in and he hasn't had to run for his life as much. This week, instead of him running because he's about to get clobbered, I hope he looks for opportunities to pop through the line and get into open spaces and run the ball.  A running QB is a nightmare for a defense and it will force them to make all kinds of adjustments that will help Josh Allen the passer as the game goes on.  Being able to pop through the line for a quick and easy 5 yards is a great play if it's there.  It might also stop Allen from scrambling around the pocket when no one is open and trying to force a bad ball into coverage. (Hero Ball)  I wouldn't want him running all the time every week, but I think this is a match up where Josh's legs give this offense an advantage and we need to maximize every advantage we have if we are going to win.  

I think this is huge. Not that the Patriots won't be prepared for him to run, but based on what's on film through the first 3 games this year, they're certainly not making it their focus. Last year, that's all you had to prepare for against our offense, basically. But this year's passing game balances that out a bit, where they have to focus there.

This is a team you have to throw every thing at to beat, so if it's one more thing to keep them off-balance, I'm all for it.

Edited by CLTbills

The Patriots have big weaknesses on offense. If it were any other team, we'd be licking our chops:

Bad injuries on OL. Marshall Newhouse is their starting LT!

No TEs

No FB

No running game

Possibly injured Edelman, no AB, Gordon lost a step

McDermott should be capable of shutting down this offense. Is he good enough? If the Patriots have success on offense, that probably means they have better coaching than us. I'm looking for McD to step up big this week and make Brady look 42.

The big question will be, Can we score? The Patriots D is legit. If the Bills can score 20 points, they should win the game

i think BB will do to Allen what he did to Goff. Make him read then switch at the last second.

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Patriots have big weaknesses on offense. If it were any other team, we'd be licking our chops:

Bad injuries on OL. Marshall Newhouse is their starting LT!

No TEs

No FB

No running game

Possibly injured Edelman, no AB, Gordon lost a step

McDermott should be capable of shutting down this offense. Is he good enough? If the Patriots have success on offense, that probably means they have better coaching than us. I'm looking for McD to step up big this week and make Brady look 42.

The big question will be, Can we score? The Patriots D is legit. If the Bills can score 20 points, they should win the game

Bills wont score 20.

8 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Gordon lost a step

You’re basing this off last year. Gordon had a hamstring injury entering the season last year. He looks noticeably better this year.

That said, I think Gordon’s better suited to be an elite #2 WR. He’s sort of a low end #1. He’ll make some plays but I think going against an elite #1 CB like Tre should keep him relatively contained.

Edited by eanyills

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We NEED to pressure Brady up the middle.

Put 6-7 players on the line and rush some drop some and let er rip.

We need to run the ball , including Josh, and spread the ball to all receivers and get turnovers.

Do not put this all on Josh, everyone needs raise their level of play.

If we had Singletary I'd have a different plan of attack.  Gore slamming into that front for 3 yards a pop ain't going to cut.  If we want to be balanced we have to have a running back that is actually making that Patriots defensive coaches office nervous and Gore alone ain't doing that.  

That's just my long winded way of saying I wish we freaking had Singletary this game.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills will win if they play aggressive and they avoid penalties on the defensive end. The defense is going to need to play as close to a completely well executed game as possible and giving the Pats* freebie first downs and bailouts are going to make it almost impossible to hold them down enough to give the offense a chance to win. 

I think the Bills need to play like the underdog and like they have nothing to lose. It's kind of how the Eagles played. Super aggressive calculated risks and an attitude to just let it fly is what the offense needs to do. Just let Josh rip it and kind of go after the Pats secondary. See how the O-line and Singletary can take it to them on the ground. 

Play like you having nothing to lose because in all honesty if you lose it hurts but it isn't the end of the world you still sit at 3-1 and you go into a tough but winnable game against the Titan the week after. It would be great to win this game against the best team in the league. But you aren't going to out conservative the Patriots. The Patriots play super disciplined and hope for the team across from them to make mistakes. 

But as the Eagles and Giants showed you are better off playing loose and taking risks to try and leverage the Pats* conservative play against them. The leverage you have taking risks is that if you play not to lose 90% of the time you are likely going to lose anyway. So you might as well let your young QB let it rip and see where he is at after 3 games into his second season.