Eagles fans are off the rails!

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, eanyills said:

I’m positive none of you guys have actually spent any significant time in Philly, but hey, keep making baseless attacks on places you have superficial knowledge of.

One of the best cities in America.

One of the best cities at what, exactly?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've lived in this area probably longer than you have. It's a hellhole.

Lived in the area for only three years and really not all the impressed with the area of Philadelphia 

2 hours ago, eanyills said:

I’m positive none of you guys have actually spent any significant time in Philly, but hey, keep making baseless attacks on places you have superficial knowledge of.

One of the best cities in America.

I've been to a lot of cities around the country, though. I've been to Philly multiple times having lived in the Chesapeake area for a time.

What I originally said was just in good fun, but there's some truth to it. Philly is the one city I have absolutely no interest in going back to.

And that list includes Biloxi, MS.

I've been to Philly multiple times for work. My company has a corporate training facility there. The fans there are very Buffalo like.  I always stop into a local sports bar when I'm there and they are great people. Overheard a couple of middle aged men talking about their loss to the Bills a couple years back and the conversation was hilarious. That game just happened to be the prior week that I was there. They were ragging on their team so I went out to my car to get my Bills cap. When I came back in I joined their conversation and began agreeing with them.  My hat was tucked in my pants behind me and they didn't know where I was from but we continued to talk football.  After a while the conversation shifted and I brought up that I was in from out of town for work. One of the guys asked me where I was from. I said "I could tell you but you probably won't like it".  The guy looks at me puzzled and that's when I grabbed my Bills cap and put it on my head. The whole bar started laughing.

Anyway, my experience with the people there has been pretty positive.  Have had similar experiences with Pittsburgh fans too.  There are good people everywhere IMHO.

15 hours ago, RiotAct said:

even better than the “ain’t nobody got time for that!” lady

"And then I thought somebody was barbecuin', and then I said 'Oh Lord Jesus, it's a FIRE!'"

"I didn't grab no shoes or nothin', Jesus.  I RAN for my life."

LMFAO!!!!!!!

That's classic. Agholor's response is fantastic, good on him. 

I've never been to Philly, but I worked a customer service job like 14 years ago and once spoke to a 60-something year old lady from Philly who went on for a solid 15 minutes about how she'd lived there here whole life and how the city is the worst. She referred to it as the "City of Brotherly Shove." Like any city, I'm sure there are great parts and not so great parts. But Philly fans do have a reputation that precedes them at this point.

Philly's great. Been here longer than I haven't and I'm proud to call it home. Worked downtown for 17 years and am still down there a lot. If you want to be stared at and have no room to move, go to NYC. If you want a sterile boring city, go to DC. 

Philly, Boston, and Chicago are the 3 best American cities...with no hate for any others and I've been to all of the top 10 but Phoenix (not counting the airport one time). 

By the way, if you watch NFL Primetime or caught the viral footage of this, guy, here's the rest of the story:

Edited by John Adams