Dare to Believe

Tatonka68

Win or lose... This isn't the Super Bowl.  There are 12 more regular season games after this one.  We've seen our undefeated Bills beat the undefeated cheaters in September.  We've seen them get blown out as well.  Hell, we've seen it all.   But, we haven't seen the Bills control their own destiny on the raod to the playoffs in a very long time.  Win or lose, they still do that.  Win or lose, they still need to beat the Titans the following week.  That's my perspective.  Do I Dare to Believe... ?  No.     I know.

I know.. The Bills can win this game.  I know they can compete.  The rest of the league may not realize it yet, but the rebuild is complete.  This is just the beginning... The Bills. Win or Lose. are here.  And no one is pushing us around again.  So ***** the pats ***** the pundits, just bring it this week and every week.  

Go Bills!

18 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Patriots have beat 3 0-3 teams for a 0-9 opposition record (mind you we have beat 1-8 teams).  BUT, they beat the Jets without Darnold and the Dolphins who play in the ACC on Saturday. I'd like to think we have played somewhat better opposition

Pats have outscored teams 106 to 17. 

Bills 66-47 and all three games were undecided going into the last few minutes.

I would call the completion a wash. NYJ/NYG/CIN vs PIT/MIA/NYJ...not much difference there. NYJ=NYJ, NYG>MIA, PIT>CIN. 

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Pats have outscored teams 106 to 17. 

Bills 66-47 and all three games were undecided going into the last few minutes.

I would call the completion a wash. NYJ/NYG/CIN vs PIT/MIA/NYJ...not much difference there. NYJ=NYJ, NYG>MIA, PIT>CIN. 

Jets without Darnold. Not sure Pitt is better than Cinci

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Every single player on the roster has to believe they can take the field and take the game.  These young guys don't know better.  They're going to do this.

These young guys can help turn the tide...good time to rewrite history  and create their own version of this Bills/Pats "rivalry"

Edited by Rocket94

19 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Patriots have beat 3 0-3 teams for a 0-9 opposition record (mind you we have beat 1-8 teams).  BUT, they beat the Jets without Darnold and the Dolphins who play in the ACC on Saturday. I'd like to think we have played somewhat better opposition

They've also appeared in 10 Super Bowls and won 6 of them since the last time we won a playoff game.

This is going to be a very tough challenge, as always.

On September 25, 2011, the (2-0) Bills came back from a 21–0 deficit to defeat the (2-0) Patriots 34–31 and snap the Patriots' 15-game winning streak.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, et al .

WOW what a game!!!!!  (I just re watched it on Game Pass)

Fitz threw his normal interceptions but our D forced Brady to do the same!!!

That was a tough fought game, from both teams, whistle to whistle.

WE CAN DO THIS THING - GO BILLS!

1 hour ago, nucci said:

No such thing

Hmmmm, maybe and maybe not. Seeing Brady carted off with a devastating knee injury a la Pollard would certainly qualify for me. While a Bills loss would still sting, I’d take being able to actually enjoy an NFL football season for the first time since probably ‘08. Any others weren’t really enjoyable until NE was officially out of the Super Bowl tournament. It’s been an awful 17 plus years sticking with the game I love dominated by a team I despise with a passion. 

Obviously it's never easy against the Pats, but if there was a time and a team to get it done, this Sunday with this Bills team might be it.

They're riding a three-game win streak, however they know that they haven't gone in an obliterated any opponents.  They've played tough football, overcome mistakes/bad breaks and have earned three hard-fought victories. I think these guys will be jazzed up to take on the Pats. The challenge for the coaches is to keep these guys level and playing within the systems and not letting their emotions run too wild and cost them yards/points, etc. 

It'd be great if Edelman can't go, but I've been watching Brady and Belichick steamroll Bills team after team for 20 years now and, honestly, it seems like they could be down a dozen starters and they still wouldn't miss a beat. Develin being out is big... but again, NE's ability to plug and play and succeed with almost any player/position is ridiculous. I joked last week when I read the news on their left tackle Wynn going on IR. I said they'd probably find some kid sweeping floors at a Whole Foods and turn him All-Pro by Saturday.

Their defense is maybe the best group Belichick has ever put out there. Not one offensive TD allowed so far. But... they did play the hapless Steelers, the white-flag waving Dolphins, and the New Jersey Spleen Machines. Daboll is gonna have to craft one of, if not his best game plan yet and the offense can't afford to muck it up like they have a few times this season. They can't shoot themselves in the foot against NE, not even a little, because they'll capitalize on that mistake in a heartbeat. 

I do feel like the offense has had some series' where they've been rolling and the only thing that's stopped them was themselves. A bad penalty or a turnover and the drive stalls. Can't have that against NE, not against their D.

As for Buffalo's defense, I'm sure the coaches will be preaching/practicing having the DL get their hands up to bat down passes because Brady is (as usual) getting rid of it in about 0.004 seconds on any given snap. I think they'll also have to find some creative ways to produce pressure up the middle because that's where Brady really struggles. If his pocket isn't clean from the middle, he falters. He's amazingly good at sidesteps and subtle movements inside the pocket when the pressure comes from the left or the right, but when it's coming right at him is when teams have success in slowing him down. Also, he's 42 friggin' years old, someone please remind him of that with a monster hit. 

Everyone's gonna need to be on their A game to even have a chance. Go Bills.

Also, anytime I see the phrase "dare to..." all I can think of is Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid."

Edited by blacklabel