Dare to Believe

Tatonka68

The Patriots have all of past accomplishments, a Hall of fame QB, a stout defense which had not given up a TD and a "genius" head coach. They trampled, beaten, and embarrassed the Bills forever. And most of the known world want to just hand them another Superbowl.

NOT THE BILLS!

What do the Bills have? They THE PROCESS. They have heart, they have a great defense, home field, a superstar in the making Josh Allen and they have the Bills mafia.  They have PANCHO POWER. They have fate. They my have prayers. Every giant has to fall someday, every night has it's end and the sun rises, Why not US and why not NOW. This week the Bills be that unseen iceberg and stink the unsinkable Titanic Patriots. 

GO BILLS!!

Pokes in the Pros: Allen sacked seven times | University ...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Patriots have all of past accomplishments, a Hall of fame QB, a stout defense which had not given up a TD and a "genius" head coach. They trampled, beaten, and embarrassed the Bills forever. And most of the known world want to just hand them another Superbowl.

NOT THE BILLS!

What do the Bills have? They THE PROCESS. They have heart, they have a great defense, home field, a superstar in the making Josh Allen and they have the Bills mafia.  They have PANCHO POWER. They have fate. They my have prayers. Every giant has to fall someday, every night has it's end and the sun rises, Why not US and why not NOW. This week the Bills be that unseen iceberg and stink the unsinkable Titanic Patriots. 

GO BILLS!!

Pokes in the Pros: Allen sacked seven times | University ...

Every single player on the roster has to believe they can take the field and take the game.  These young guys don't know better.  They're going to do this.

• Like (+1) 3

I think optimism is great, but it seems like people on these message boards don't know how to use healthy optimism.

It doesn't have to be "SUPER BOUL, WE GONNA CRUSH PATS" or "WE STINK I QUIT" ... lets just enjoy healthy steps in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Any given Sunday

that's what a parrot has been trained to say across the street

and was said by every old biddy teacher and non-fan who thought he'd join a conversation with the sports fans

12 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Patriots have beat 3 0-3 teams for a 0-9 opposition record (mind you we have beat 1-8 teams).  BUT, they beat the Jets without Darnold and the Dolphins who play in the ACC on Saturday. I'd like to think we have played somewhat better opposition

So what you're saying is that in the event of a tie on Sunday we will have a commanding lead on the AFCE based on our superior strength of schedule? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

If I HAD to bet, I would bet the Patriots win by 14, scoring late to make it look worse.

But I don't have to bet. And anyone that doesn't enjoy the six days before the game starts is a personal killjoy. Now is exactly the time to dare to believe. The week is so much better after a win, obviously, but twice as good thinking we are 3-0, we haven't played our best yet, we are at home, we finally have a QB and some weapons and we can beat these guys.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If I HAD to bet, I would bet the Patriots win by 14, scoring late to make it look worse.

But I don't have to bet. And anyone that doesn't enjoy the six days before the game starts is a personal killjoy. Now is exactly the time to dare to believe. The week is so much better after a win, obviously, but twice as good thinking we are 3-0, we haven't played our best yet, we are at home, we finally have a QB and some weapons and we can beat these guys.

I thought about it long and hard this morning.  Do I learn to go in without expectations from the previous 19 years? Or do I slowly burn all week from simply hoping the game is competitive to full blown certainty that the Bills are going to shock the league?  I think I'm ready to be hurt again.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought about it long and hard this morning.  Do I learn to go in without expectations from the previous 19 years? Or do I slowly burn all week from simply hoping the game is competitive to full blown certainty that the Bills are going to shock the league?  I think I'm ready to be hurt again.

hope for the best

try not to get upset when that other shoe falls from 10,000 feet

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Be hurt, dammit!

I genuinely do not understand the association that anyone puts on these Bills under Beane and McDermott and Pegula, with about two players from previous Bills administrations. There is no connection and no carryover. It's like not jinxing a no hitter; that's not actually a thing.

• Like (+1) 1