Horrible Harry (Harrison Phillips) out for the year...ACL

eball

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

BASED.....OFF.....WHAT

Lack of many meaningful plays in 19 games. 

Tough position to transition from college to NFL so by no means am I writing him off. But for a 3rd round pick he has not done much.

It looked like he was making some improvement based on how the staff was giving him more snaps. Now we will have to wait until next year.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lack of many meaningful plays in 19 games. 

Tough position to transition from college to NFL so by no means am I writing him off. But for a 3rd round pick he has not done much.

It looked like he was making some improvement based on how the staff was giving him more snaps. Now we will have to wait until next year.

I actually thought you meant Oliver...that is my mistake.

On Horrible Harry.....I thought he struggled a bit last year as a rookie but he looked better this year.......

• Like (+1) 1

Bummer... he has looked much better to start the year.  Joe B's All-22 review from last week- (from the Athletic - https://theathletic.com/1219528/2019/09/17/bills-all-22-review-how-the-week-2-film-shows-josh-allen-set-his-new-gold-standard-and-grades-for-each-player/)

3) Phillips is vastly outplaying Lotulelei

It’s early in the 2019 season, but the light appears to have come on for second-year defensive tackle Harrison Phillips through the first two games. Phillips plays the one-technique position and is primarily asked to occupy blockers at the line of scrimmage to allow his defensive teammates to make plays. Phillips has capably done that while offering a potential game-changing element — the ability to penetrate the backfield. He was in the backfield a lot as a playmaker, given that he only played 28 snaps against the Giants, and that isn’t even his first responsibility. Without question, he has been the far better option at the position ahead of incumbent starter Star Lotulelei.

The Bills’ big free-agent signing ahead of the 2018 season, Lotulelei hasn’t offered anything close to the attacking style that Phillips has shown on film for two weeks. While the 29-year-old Lotylelei does show great reaction time off the snap and is usually one of the first to move, he doesn’t do much with the advantage. Lotulelei’s game is all about occupying blockers to help others, and it wasn’t working early on in the first drive of the game against the Giants. Like Edmunds, he was getting pushed around and wound up with one of the lowest two grades on the team because of it.

In last week’s film review of the Bills’ win over the Jets, we noted the Bills began to stagger their defensive line substitutions. It resulted in Phillips getting some time with the first-team defense, which continued against the Giants. The snap counts between the two were close to even, with Lotulelei getting only one more snap than the former third-round pick Phillips. However, given the performances of the first two weeks, it’s hard to argue with the snap counts getting closer to even. The Bills love Lotulelei’s leadership in the locker room and he should still be a key rotational piece to keep the defensive line fresh. If Phillips continues his torrid pace, though, the Bills should continue to raise his snap count. He provides something that Lotulelei simply does not, and that gives an opposing offense one more thing to worry about on game days.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Kyle has lost his football weight.  It would be too much for him to come back anytime soon.

Got to go with the younger guys and hope for the best.

Next man up is not a cliche.

Yeah, just wishful thinking. Watching him in his finale last year I kind of knew he wouldn't be back. 

35 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

In all seriousness, it's gut-check time for Star Lotulelei and by extension McDermott.

If Star cannot get back into playing a higher level of football then he shouldn't be in Buffalo next year.

McDermott has to make the tough call and they would have the money to get out of the contract.

Star has to step up.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Star was rubbish again. 

Like I said earlier (above), if he doesn't start playing better he has to be gone next year.