Horrible Harry (Harrison Phillips) out for the year...ACL

eball

16 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Duke can play DT?

You never know.  The coaching staff may feel they have enough DTs.  They may have just kept the most talented players from one of the shallower pools in the NFL in order to protect their ability to have these players.  Like with the OL.  Do you really think we need to keep all the OL we did.  But if we need them then they are there and havent been signed by another team.

Unfortunately I think weve lost one of our better ones.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Honestly this is terrible.  He was up and coming and a young inspirational leader.

Please excuse me (again) while I start swearing a whole lot...the more gentile of our board please feel free to cover your screens while I curse.

Stinks that the injury occurred on Ezra’s day with his family around.  

Harrison really seemed to take to that cause and the family.

Very Sad!

• Sad 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Nothing he’s watched, apparently. 

I mean I really want to give the benefit of the doubt here......

Perhaps this poster was getting new beverage or going to the bathroom while Oliver has been applieing tons of pressure....batting down balls...chasing plays down from behind....throwing O to the ground like rag dolls

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BearNorth said:

That's pretty typical, apparently Gronk dropped 35-40 pounds once he retired, better for their long term health.

Definitely! As much as I’d love Kyle to come back for one more run at it, I’m not sure how quickly he could put weight back on to do it. Seems like it’d be easier for Gronk than Kyle because Gronk doesn’t necessarily have to be heavier. He could still play split out or something. Kyle needs the extra bulk to compete in the trenches against the hogs. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He's largely been a disappointment.  This staff is still on the Murphy delusion so maybe Lawson gets a few more snaps playing DT.

I have no idea what team you’ve been watching but Phillips has played well.  Hate to see this but next man up.  Bet Lawson sees time inside.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

We have multiple guys who are starter caliber. Definitely sucks to lose Harrison, but we'll be fine. There are positions on the team where losing a starter would cripple us. Interior defensive line is not one of those, in my opinion.

We have (had) 4 DTs on the roster: Star, Ed, Harry and Phillips. Harry and Phillips were quality depth and the drop off from the starters isn’t massive. Our DT rotation is definitely taking a hit here. 

• Like (+1) 1