ESPN: Bills have the best defense in football

VW82

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if the OL is a “shell” necessarily and I haven’t watched them play this year really, myself. But fwiw the Pats analyst was a guest on Locked on Bills this morning and he alluded to the OL being a weakness especially in the run game and that Karras has filled in ok at C but isn’t as good as Andrews and the tackle situation is bad. He indicated they haven’t played a DL as good as the Bills yet so it hasn’t impacted them as much yet in the pass pro, and it’s a concern for Sunday. So it’s not just a thing Bills fans are saying. 

I think the biggest problem with the run game is Michel hasnt really learned how to be an effective pass catcher. So when he is in it pretty much telegraphs a run play. I would expect to see White and Burkhead taking the majority of the snaps.

On another note Karras is better than Andrews in the pass game. He os so much bigger. Teams havent been able to push the middle.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if the OL is a “shell” necessarily and I haven’t watched them play this year really, myself. But fwiw the Pats analyst was a guest on Locked on Bills this morning and he alluded to the OL being a weakness especially in the run game and that Karras has filled in ok at C but isn’t as good as Andrews and the tackle situation is bad. He indicated they haven’t played a DL as good as the Bills yet so it hasn’t impacted them as much yet in the pass pro, and it’s a concern for Sunday. So it’s not just a thing Bills fans are saying. 

Well, neither team has played a team with a very good O-line or Defense yet.  The fact remains that this is the #1 Offense and Defense so far--mainly because of the poor competition to date.  Even with bad tackels and weak Center, they are scoring on almost 50% of their drives.  Their opponents are scoring on less than 3% of there drives...

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Is this your arm in the picture?

Image result for waving new england patriots flag gif

Why can't you just join the conversation and debate the facts?

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, neither team has played a team with a very good O-line or Defense yet.  The fact remains that this is the #1 Offense and Defense so far--mainly because of the poor competition to date.  Even with bad tackels and weak Center, they are scoring on almost 50% of their drives.  Their opponents are scoring on less than 3% of there drives...

The analyst recognized that NE hadn’t played anyone yet but said that they could only play the teams on their schedule. He pointed out that the Steelers D was completely disorganized coming into that game in particular. He was surprised that they couldn’t get the run game going though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The analyst recognized that they hadn’t played anyone yet but said that they could only play the teams on their schedule. He pointed out that the Steelers D was completely disorganized coming into that game in particular. 

Steelers need a major enema.  Whole staff should go this off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/23/2019 at 3:11 PM, H2o said:

I don't see it, not this year. They might, and I say MIGHT, put up 30 at the most imo. Gronk has usually killed us and they have no Gronk. They may not have Edelman either possibly. There is no Hogan. Their OL is a shadow of it's former self in years past. Our depth on defense is totally different along the line and at CB. I expect a close game with both teams scoring in the 20's.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I spoke my peace on the situation early my friend. And I was just trying to do "better" like you said. :thumbsup:

Brady is always going to be Brady and get rid of the ball quickly. Whether it be to RB's or WR's. Their OL is OBVIOUSLY not the same as it was despite whatever numbers you want to spout off from their lax schedule the first 3 weeks. Week 4 will be the first time they have faced a legit defense. I think the game will be close, in the 20's for each team, and whoever wins the time of possession battle will come out on top. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I spoke my peace on the situation early my friend. And I was just trying to do "better" like you said. :thumbsup:

Brady is always going to be Brady and get rid of the ball quickly. Whether it be to RB's or WR's. Their OL is OBVIOUSLY not the same as it was despite whatever numbers you want to spout off from their lax schedule the first 3 weeks. Week 4 will be the first time they have faced a legit defense. I think the game will be close, in the 20's for each team, and whoever wins the time of possession battle will come out on top. 

Yeah, I saw that.   It wasn't clear from your post, and the available data, how you concluded their O-line is in steep decline.  So I responded. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, I saw that.   It wasn't clear from your post, and the available data, how you concluded their O-line is in steep decline.  So I responded. 

Injuries and FA losses over the last couple of seasons have lowered their overall talent level and depth imo. Injuries are the biggest thing this year for them, but their OL coach is one of the best so he is able to mask that for now. I just think facing defenses with a better front, as we have, will expose this fact further. 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like the Bills offense has played well at times, and that is when they are allowed to take chances and "go for it".  Once they had gotten the lead in the Giants & Bengals games, conservatism has limited their ability to continue to push the ball down the field.  Call it a lack of focus, lack of killer instinct - whatever it is has allowed teams to hang around.

With the Pats game, I think you'll see that sustained focus on O because they know the Patriots will get their points.  They won't go John Harbaugh Riverboat Ron crazy (this is McD you know), but the offense will need to be consistent.  I think this offensive consistency will be the big surprise of the game.  Lots of 8-10 play drives, maybe not all ending in Tds, but productive none the less.  Hopefully it will be enough to pull out a win.

12 hours ago, umang_a_desai said:

The worst part of the article is when he says that Allen's increased completion % is due to him being asked to make easier throws. He was thought of as someone who couldn't throw with great anticipation bc of his rocket arm. He has proven that wrong.

Why is that the worst part of the article? He is being asked to make easier throws because we're a more dangerous offense if we can sustain drives as appose to always taking shots down field. Also, Allen has proven the doubters right on the anticipation stuff. He very rarely throws unless/until he sees the receiver is open. That was a big issue in the Cinci game. Every announcing crew so far this year has called him out on it.   

I really didn't feel like starting a whole new thread for this. but here is a really cool quick write up on oliver and a stat known in the analytics world as "pass rush win rate"(PRWR). I've seen a lot of people saying he's been invisible and I've completely disagreed. I've seen him push the interior pocket numerous times to disrupt a qb's rhythm or throw. We've also faced running backs such as Bell, Barkley, and mixon and came out on the other side top ten in rush yds allowed. Meanwhile Oliver has seen the most interior snaps on the year. Anyone wanna try and tell me that's just coincidence? 

Anyhow..... he's in some seriously elite company with this PRWR stat. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27690951/trench-trends-barrett-breakout-no-sack-denver-porous-carolina-line

Rookies Ed Oliver, Brian Burns off to hot starts

Oliver was a highly touted prospect despite having just three sacks last season in Houston, and he has yet to record one in Buffalo this season. But make no mistake, the No. 9 overall pick has caused plenty of disruption. Oliver has a PRWR as a defensive tackle of 22%, which ranks fourth behind the marks of Grady Jarrett, Aaron Donald and Calais Campbell. That's some pretty fine company.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:49 PM, BigDingus said:

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen, but man do I hope you're right. 

I honestly feel it's the exact opposite. Patriots have earned their media praises, anyone who says otherwise is just bitter. 

The Bills on the other hand have struggled to look competent on offense for 4 straight quarters even once this season, and against poor competition. 

The Bengals are a more potent offense than the Patriots? I cannot fathom how anyone would think that, and statistically on par with them? 

I'm just confused...are we predicting yet another year where Brady is supposedly going to fall off a cliff? Outside of the that, the Pats will still be the Pats.

They can be beaten, but we CANNOT play like we have the last 3 weeks if we want to be the ones to defeat them. 

One of the worst takes you've ever seen, huh? 

The Pats were EXPOSED like I said they would be. 

Our Defense is much better, and our offense is ON PAR.  Actually may even be better considering the guys running around wide open that Allen failed to connect with over and over. 

Pats are overrated and played scrubs.