ESPN: Bills have the best defense in football

VW82

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Im not comparing our offense to KC, im comparing it to NE.  

KC's qb is setting HISTORIC records.

Me either. I am talking about the Patriots aka the Cheats. I didn’t say anything about the Chefs. 

The Patsy game will be about coaching.

We have the player talent. We have the home field advantage. The only thing left is coaching and strategy.

Can McDermott outcoach Belichek? Coaching is so underestimated as a factor in a teams success, IMO. I'm on the fence regarding McD.

8 hours ago, iinii said:

Last I heard the whole idea was to score points. Has something changed? Granted Buffalo is close to NE in yardage production but, 40 less points in three games doesn’t pass the eye test for potency. Brady has 7 touchdown tosses to 3 for Josh and Josh has three picks to Brady’s 0. Participation trophies are nice but they give the Lombardi trophy to the team that wins by scoring the most points in the big game. Would you rather have a drive of one yard and get a touchdown or would you rather go 99 yards and cough it up? 

And the Jets and the Steelers. In each game it was never a question who was winning and did win. Buffalo has had to pull it out late, how many times? Against world beaters? 

Yes the Darnoldless Jets and the Steelers that will likely pick 2nd in the draft.

On 9/23/2019 at 2:23 PM, TwistofFate said:

Patriots will be exposed on Sunday.   National media falls all over them because it sells. 

Ive said it before and ill say it again, we are statistically on par with them offensively and better than them defensively. 

This team will be ready for them on Sunday in every way. 

Imo the Bengals are much more potent than NE on offense. 

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen, but man do I hope you're right. 

I honestly feel it's the exact opposite. Patriots have earned their media praises, anyone who says otherwise is just bitter. 

The Bills on the other hand have struggled to look competent on offense for 4 straight quarters even once this season, and against poor competition. 

The Bengals are a more potent offense than the Patriots? I cannot fathom how anyone would think that, and statistically on par with them? 

I'm just confused...are we predicting yet another year where Brady is supposedly going to fall off a cliff? Outside of the that, the Pats will still be the Pats.

They can be beaten, but we CANNOT play like we have the last 3 weeks if we want to be the ones to defeat them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly feel it's the exact opposite. Patriots have earned their media praises, anyone who says otherwise is just bitter. 

The Bills on the other hand have struggled to look competent on offense for 4 straight quarters even once this season, and against poor competition. 

The Bengals are a more potent offense than the Patriots? I cannot fathom how anyone would think that, and statistically on par with them? 

I'm just confused...are we predicting yet another year where Brady is supposedly going to fall off a cliff? Outside of the that, the Pats will still be the Pats.

They can be beaten, but we CANNOT play like we have the last 3 weeks if we want to be the ones to defeat them. 

Breaking in nine new starters on offense has created the unevenness. Opponent really has mattered much. The Bills have been their own worst enemy.

3 minutes ago, iinii said:

Darnold keeps defensive coordinators up at night. Definitely all world. 

Definitely a lot better than Luke Falk.  Be honest with yourself.  Which 3 teams and QBs would you rather play?

The Bengals and the Jets the Bills faced Were much better than the Dolphins and the Jets NE faced.  NY and Pitt are a wash.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 9/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, VW82 said:

Courtesy of ESPN writer Bill Barnwell: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27680783/barnwell-stacking-surprises-nfl-seven-3-0-teams

There's much more in the link.

So basically our defense is once again saving our bacon. Hopefully the offense starts to pick up the pace and do their part too. Once that happens the sky's the limit for this group.

The worst part of the article is when he says that Allen's increased completion % is due to him being asked to make easier throws. He was thought of as someone who couldn't throw with great anticipation bc of his rocket arm. He has proven that wrong.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, VW82 said:

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Definitely a lot better than Luke Falk.  Be honest with yourself.  Which 3 teams and QBs would you rather play?

Brady, Mahomes and Goff. Beat them and then EVERYONE sits up and takes notice. Paper champions are just that. Start Sunday by beating Brady and then on to Nashville. Either beat the Champs or shut up. Simple as that. 

42 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

They probably are more potent now.  A lot of losses on offense for NE.  They shouldnt win this game but it is NE (and the refs)

On 9/23/2019 at 3:11 PM, H2o said:

I don't see it, not this year. They might, and I say MIGHT, put up 30 at the most imo. Gronk has usually killed us and they have no Gronk. They may not have Edelman either possibly. There is no Hogan. Their OL is a shadow of it's former self in years past. Our depth on defense is totally different along the line and at CB. I expect a close game with both teams scoring in the 20's.  

Their O-line is a “shell”?

they have the #2 passing game and Brady has only been sacked 3 times.

they have the #1 run and pass defense.

This is the chance the Bills D has to back up what Barnwell is saying 

On 9/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My wrinkle would be if we start loosing we just blitz every play and hit the QB as much as possible.

This gets posted before every NE game, every year

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sorry Weo, I forgot you were a little sensitive when it comes to your boys. 

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don’t know if the OL is a “shell” necessarily and I haven’t watched them play this year really, myself. But fwiw the Pats analyst was a guest on Locked on Bills this morning and he alluded to the OL being a weakness especially in the run game and that Karras has filled in ok at C but isn’t as good as Andrews and the tackle situation is bad. He indicated they haven’t played a DL as good as the Bills yet so it hasn’t impacted them as much yet in the pass pro, and it’s a concern for Sunday. So it’s not just a thing Bills fans are saying.