ESPN: Bills have the best defense in football

VW82

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Belichek always manages to confuse our offense or throw different wrinkles at them.  NOw he has a very good D so that's a bit worrisome this week.   Hey, how about the Bills staff come up with a few wrinkles to confuse ol' Tom and company ?!?!?

My wrinkle would be if we start loosing we just blitz every play and hit the QB as much as possible.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But Mike Schopp wants us to know he really doesn't know if we're good or just another Bills team.  Because of who we've beat.  

This is so sad.

Why am I subjecting myself to this.  

I don't know how anyone can be a fan of this team over the last 20 years and not live week to week with tempered expectations.   I dont like Schopp, but I also dont disagree with him here.   We havent played anyone, and we havent been able to top 30 points in any of those games.   This is a scoring league and the Bills havent shown they can do that in a manner that crushes the other team.

I still think the team can go 11-5, but if anyone is walking into this game thinking the Patriots are going to be surprised they really need to get a grip on reality.   Our young quarterback has 2 multi touchdown games in 14 tries, and 6 multi interception games.  Turning the ball over against the Patriots is a recipe for disaster.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Here comes 50 from the Pats. I hate when these articles come out so early in the season. The Bills have a good defense let's see where they finish up at the end of the year.

BBFS at its finest!

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We gave up 23, 37, 25 and 24 to them since McDermott took over.  It's going to take a great day by our offense and we'll have a shot.

Right, and how many of those points were scored by the Pats*** defense or because of short fields given up by Buffalo's poor offense?

News flash -- if Buffalo's offense shows up to play the way it has so far this season, this will be a tightly-contested ballgame.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

If Josh takes what the defense gives him and don't play hero ball, we'll win this game. 

I'd be interested to know what BB thinks about that crazy near pick where Allen completely missed the safety.  Is he going to try and bait him with some of those "too good to be true" reads?

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't know how anyone can be a fan of this team over the last 20 years and not live week to week with tempered expectations.   I dont like Schopp, but I also dont disagree with him here.   We havent played anyone, and we havent been able to top 30 points in any of those games.   This is a scoring league and the Bills havent shown they can do that in a manner that crushes the other team.

I still think the team can go 11-5, but if anyone is walking into this game thinking the Patriots are going to be surprised they really need to get a grip on reality.   Our young quarterback has 2 multi touchdown games in 14 tries, and 6 multi interception games.  Turning the ball over against the Patriots is a recipe for disaster.  

Then stop being a coward (not you Schopp) and say you don't think the QB is good enough. 

Make no mistake when he says "is this team good enough?" what he's really saying is "is this QB good enough?"  Because no one in their right mind doesn't think this D is a super bowl D.

That whole station.  Low info and chicken *bleeps*

They told us for months he's not the guy.  Spent this whole off season asking "will we know this year is he the guy?"

Then do they want to answer these questions?  Nope.  Because they will never accept they may have been wrong.  

I have no idea how good he's going to be.  I'll know when it's time to move on if he doesn't show he is.  But he's done the opposite.  

So in the meantime they should do what we're all doing and that's enjoying the ride.  When I'm not listening to them of course---I feel I have to today.  

Edited by Big Blitz

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Then stop being a coward (not you Schopp) and say you don't think the QB is good enough. 

Make no mistake when he says "is this team good enough?" what he's really saying is "is this QB good enough?"  Because no one in their right mind doesn't think this D is a super bowl D.

That whole station.  Low info and chicken *bleeps*

They told us for months he's not the guy.  Spent this whole off season asking "will we know this year is he the guy?"

Then do they want to answer these questions?  Nope.  Because they will never accept they may have been wrong.  

I have no idea how good he's going to be.  I'll know when it's time to move on if he doesn't show he is.  But he's done the opposite.  

So in the meantime they should do what we're all doing and that's enjoying the ride.  When I'm not listening to them of course---I feel I have to today.  

This we agree on.   I have a feeling he will be off the Lamar train soon too.  

51 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

If it makes you feel better, he goes on to say that maybe the Packers, and definitely the Pats, may have better claims to “the best defense in football”. We’re number 3!!

At least it's better than 23 ! As long as the offense can put up 1 more point than the opponent a win is a win as ugly as it may be & if they can do that against the Pats I'm all for it !! 

GO BILLS !!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Bills will need to score at least 30 if they want to have a shot in this game. Pats will put up points.

We don't know that. If the defense shows up ready to work and plays as mistake free as possible they have the ability to slow down the Pats. 

6 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

sports writer says something negative:  "He's an idiot, screw that ahole"  Same writer says something positive: "OMG repost repost, this guy gets IT, he's a damn football savant!" LMAO

You can post or say all the negative you want......tweet all summer about bad passes and dumb plays.  

But if you barely ever include the positives and proceed like an insufferable know it all as you cover this team then you're just a hack mad that Rosen sucks and you may* have been wrong.  

*Who.  Freaking.  Knows.  

Opponents so far this year have been severely limited from an offense standpoint. No elite WRs to face. Below average lines. Competent at best QB play and very good backs that for the most part have been kept in check.

Bills DBs match up favorably against the Pats receivers. Can the Bills pass rush make a difference Sunday?