Allen 3rd highest rated passer in 4th Q

15 hours ago, K-9 said:

I can appreciate that.

The similarity lies in his being flushed right and throwing while on the run in that direction. Allen can make uncommon throws with that arm and I think he’s too confident at times. But I far prefer that mentality to a QB that lacks any confidence at all. 

i wish he could develop the instinct to take a fraction of a second to plant his feet because that's why so many passes are inaccurate. that throw off his back foot to zay (long) was horrible.  there's no excuse for not being able to hit that pass when a guy is so wide open and there were no hands on allen.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i wish he could develop the instinct to take a fraction of a second to plant his feet because that's why so many passes are inaccurate. that throw off his back foot to zay (long) was horrible.  there's no excuse for not being able to hit that pass when a guy is so wide open and there were no hands on allen.

Yup.  He felt the pressure from behind on that play and stepped up without planting his feet.  Even so he should've been able to hit him as he was wide open.  His deep ball accuracy is a concern.  I think he missed a wide open Brown against the Giants too.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  He felt the pressure from behind on that play and stepped up without planting his feet.  Even so he should've been able to hit him as he was wide open.  His deep ball accuracy is a concern.  I think he missed a wide open Brown against the Giants too.

yep...it just seems like way too many throws are off tip toes, one foot and backfoot.  he's got talent throwing on the run, but i think most of the time he has the time to plant and square up.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

I just watched the entire game again and I would advise anyone who hasn't to do just that. Allen had a better game than I thought he did and I think he is getting credit for. We are so use to his scrambling and running that we take it for granted. He had ten very good escapes and runs over the course of the game, including three on the last drive alone. There were as many big drops or mistakes by receivers as the blatant mistakes he made, which were plenty.

Tommy Sweeney probably needs to jump and catch that ball in the endzone which was just an insane play by Allen on the replay. The deep ball to Foster was not necessarily well advised because he wasn't open but it was an absolutely perfect pass that is a TD if the safety doesn't lunge and knock it away at the last second. Knox obviously had a great game but a drop that's a first and goal at the three. Yeldon's fumble cost at least three points. Allen was under a lot of pressure all game and constantly avoided the rush. Three times this led to bad decisions by him including the atrocious interception and bad decision on the intentional grounding which likely cost us three points himself. But he escaped so many times, over and over and over that I think a lot of us take it for granted. His running, too, was ridiculous in this game on several occasions. 

All true and I love Allen, but I thought he took a step back this week.  I felt like some of the time he was under pressure because he locked on to a receiver and held the ball too long.  I think Cinci D had him confused.  Its to be expected.  He will eventually learn all the defenses.

Edited by Scott7975

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, Bangarang said:

Here’s his full breakdown by quarter. Obviously the 3rd quarter hasn’t been good for this offense.

27627364-B54-E-4-F33-A944-1-C43-B4-A42-D

Oof. I knew the 3rd quarters were bad, but didn't think that bad.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, Rockinon said:

Good points. Also, just remembering the way NE played defense against Allen last year. Their plan was to contain Allen in the pocket and force him to be a good thrower. That plan is not going to work this time because the WRs are getting open quicker and more consistently. Also, Allen is vastly improving his completion percentage.  We now have WRs who get open and TEs who can actually catch. Would be nice to have Singletary back too. He has been pretty darn good as a receiver too. Going to interesting to see how this plays out next weekend.

Allen has also been throwing some rockets into some pretty tight windows this year and our receivers have been snatching them too.

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Watch this on the Foster bomb to the endzone. It wasn't nearly as bad a decision as I thought while watching it. It was a good decision and a perfect ball, the safety just made a terrific play.

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1176522951786749952?s=20

Ty for the link.  It definitely looks better from that angle.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

The safety was way out of the way, and it wasn't the deep guy. Just a great play by the D.

Yeah it was a great play by the D.  I don't blame Allen for that throw at all.  It was right on the money and in his window it was the correct throw.