Forfeiting this week's game makes sense.

BringBackFergy

20 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If NE can get past KC, I think they have as good of a chance to go undefeated as they ever have. Somehow, the NFL has ended up very weak this year, and I don't see another team that can stand in their way.

Why do you feel this way. New England has played the Steelers who are in a world of hurt, the Jets who are in a world of hurt and the Dolphins whom are just the worst football team ever assembled.

I need to see New England play a few good teams 1st. 

Buffalo will be the1st good team the Pats play. Maybe we could stand in their way

So you take a loss at home and feel you would have an easier time beating the Patriots at the Razor where they have lost like twice in two years??  You also don't know how injuries will turn out for the Bills.. you could be decimated on D and Brady lights you up like the dolphins.. you don't know.. you play to win NOW. 

13 minutes ago, Say When... said:

i thought about this last night, what if we sent out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to avoid injury, sure our stats would suffer but the potential save on injury would outweigh anything else.

as far as chance, we're not even David in this scenario, we're what filled in David's pants when he saw Goliath in the first place.

We are so lucky to be here to share your nuggets of wisdom.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

So you take a loss at home and feel you would have an easier time beating the Patriots at the Razor where they have lost like twice in two years??  You also don't know how injuries will turn out for the Bills.. you could be decimated on D and Brady lights you up like the dolphins.. you don't know.. you play to win NOW. 

My point is, we don’t need this win. We can still win the AFC East by splitting with the Pats and, at the same time, have an extra Bye week. We’re playing virtual chess here PatsFan while you’re playing Toss Across. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You don't want to stand up to the Patriots. That only makes them mad. Then they really try that much harder to beat you.

network hyping #1 vs #2 all week isn't helping things   :(

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Why do you feel this way. New England has played the Steelers who are in a world of hurt, the Jets who are in a world of hurt and the Dolphins whom are just the worst football team ever assembled.

I need to see New England play a few good teams 1st. 

Buffalo will be the1st good team the Pats play. Maybe we could stand in their way

Because I've watched the Pats build a lot of different types of teams and win with all of them. This may be their most balanced group yet.

I dont think a team will be able to stop them offensively and I think their defense is opportunistic and has enough top flight talent to prevent other great offenses from scoring as much as they'll need to in order to keep pace.

I think the Chiefs with their utterly redonkulous offense can put the Pats to the test, but I don't see another team with a  good enough D to shut them down or an offense good enough to keep pace. The "Bend don't Break" zone style of D we play is what Brady has feasted on for years and years. It may work well against lesser talents, but he'l chew it up for 400 yards like it's nothing. We'll need to win the turnover differential by several points to win.

• Sad 1

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

My point is, we don’t need this win. We can still win the AFC East by splitting with the Pats and, at the same time, have an extra Bye week. We’re playing virtual chess here PatsFan while you’re playing Toss Across. 

We can't win the AFC East by splitting games with NE.  We need to beat them twice.  Seems like a long shot, but that's what it'll take.

I honestly don’t care about this game. Ne is in another stratosphere. This isn’t the Super Bowl and the bills really to win against those other afc teams that will be competing for a playoff spot. Sure try to win the game but if anyone has any sort of injury and they are 50/50 I pull them and give them the extra rest a la popovich. The week after in Tennessee is so much more important then NE. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because I've watched the Pats build a lot of different types of teams and win with all of them. This may be their most balanced group yet.

I dont think a team will be able to stop them offensively and I think their defense is opportunistic and has enough top flight talent to prevent other great offenses from scoring as much as they'll need to in order to keep pace.

I think the Chiefs with their utterly redonkulous offense can put the Pats to the test, but I don't see another team with a  good enough D to shut them down or an offense good enough to keep pace. The "Bend don't Break" zone style of D we play is what Brady has feasted on for years and years. It may work well against lesser talents, but he'l chew it up for 400 yards like it's nothing. We'll need to win the turnover differential by several points to win.

Ok.. I see this team much differently. 

57 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

1) Will we really win this game? I'm putting our chance of success at 20%

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

It's a good idea that needs to be seriously considered.  We can then blow them away and win the division with our talent competition entry!!!

Edited by thunderingsquid

36 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I didn't say I wanted to be in this predicament...Does anyone really want to forfeit games? No.  But with our undefeated record, knowing we can split with the Pats, this seems to be the best way to come out of this unscathed and still maintain the health of our unit. 

It's just stupid on so many levels. Any team can beat any other team at any time. That's what makes the NFL great. 

:censored: the Pats and the thought of a forfeit. Jerry has been waiting to commit this personal foul since the schedule came out. People have already bought things to throw own the field. Tables have been prepared. Banners have been made. Dang BBF, think of the children. 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It's just stupid on so many levels. Any team can beat any other team at any time. That's what makes the NFL great. 

it only counts when you won a ton of $$$ betting on the major underdog

i can train a parrot to say "any given Sunday"

why do fans think they are Einstein telling me anything can happen, WE KNOW THAT....  :D