Forfeiting this week's game makes sense.

BringBackFergy

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

1) Will we really win this game? I'm putting our chance of success at 20%

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

6)  Better draft position

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Iraq Vet said:

This might be the worst theory on this blog in a while.

You don't get better skipping tough games.  Your get better playing the Pats and learning. Stone  sharpens steal.... The Pats are a stone that is not going anywhere. 

Imagine Coach McD...approaching millionaire world class athletes... "Hey guys we dont have faith in you, so we are going to skip this game"  This tread should be titled how to lose your team and get fired in under 5 seconds.

Like I said, I'm spitballin' here and maintain that we would do better in the future (health wise and mental acuity) by letting the Pats fly home with an empty win.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I actually kind of halfway-expect Miami to follow this strategy when they play the Jets.  Too much on the line to risk taking the field.

for sure this is a prime time game, right? 

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

dominant against who?

first year watching football, sport?

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I like the outside the box thinking.  How about all our defenders wearing the Gronk elbow brace and unleashing on the golden boy penalties be-damned.  

i'd rather they dug down deep and came up with useful game plans on O and D and ST

but as an alternative your suggestion might be good as well

i thought about this last night, what if we sent out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to avoid injury, sure our stats would suffer but the potential save on injury would outweigh anything else.

as far as chance, we're not even David in this scenario, we're what filled in David's pants when he saw Goliath in the first place.

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If NE can get past KC, I think they have as good of a chance to go undefeated as they ever have. Somehow, the NFL has ended up very weak this year, and I don't see another team that can stand in their way.

Let's say we did forfeit this game, if the Pats were to go undefeated for the rest of the season guess what? There would be an asterix on their record.

It would read "19-0*   Footnote: The Buffalo Bills forfeited Week 4 game and, therefore, the Pats are not truly Undefeated"

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

At this point, it's more about developing our team.  You can't develop if you don't play.  so this notion of forfeiting is nonsense.  Yes, the world expects us to lose, but this game will show the world how truly good we are.  This will be the ultimate test for our defense and I wanna see how they do.

I dunno man, seems risky to me to put our players lives on the line.  I mean, what if one of them breaks an ankle and needs a liver transplant?  That wouldn't be good.  I'm with Fergy on this one!  

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I don't believe there's a rule in the NFL that prohibits forfeiting a game. Albeit there is a negative connotation to "forfeit" but I look at it like in Revenge of the Nerds where the nerds just let go of the rope and the jocks won the tug-of-war contest. On Saturday, we issue a statement that due to injury we will be conceding a win in favor of the Pats.  You might say "Absolutely not!!" but there's a few reasons to do so:

1) Will we really win this game? I'm putting our chance of success at 20%

2) Injuries are racking up: Singletary, Horrible Harry, CB's, Nsekhe, even Gore's cleats need a rebuild.

3) We need to keep our specialized offensive schemes under wraps for the late season game vs. the Pats.  Let's limit the film that we give them now in favor of a more unique offensive scheme later on when the game really counts.  I'd be in favor of going 1 and 1 vs the Pats this season, how about you?

4) By forfeiting this week, we get ) yds passing allowed and 0 yds rushing allowed averaged into our defensive ranking...that would put us at #2 or #3...I'll take that...

5) Fans can still show up to the game on Sunday, tailgate, go in the stadium and watch the Pats warm up, but it will be a relaxing environment...no stress. We're 3-1.

Just spit ballin' here but it makes sense to me to preserve our defensive ranking, our winning record and get healthier for our next four games.

Inject this into my veins. 

• Like (+1) 1