John Brown says Bills offense the most complicated he has played in.

PlayoffsPlease

During the broadcast yesterday Jay Feely mentioned that John Brown told him the Bills offense is the most complicated he has played in.  Previous head coaches for Brown include Bruce Arians and John Harbaugh, so that is an interesting observation by John. 

Its not clear to me that "most complicated" is a great thing.  But my understanding is that NE's offense is considered very complicated, and that seems to have worked out over time.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

John Brown is much better than what we all thought. I thought he was a pure speed guy that takes the top off defenses but he is much more than that. He runs smooth clean routes and he is quick on his breaks. Very smart receiver. So happy we signed him!!! Great job Beane and Co.

• Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As I posted in a thread last week, I believe this is the reason that Zay starts over Foster or Duke Williams (for those who continually wonder about that). He has a much better command of this very complicated offense than the other two do.

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

John Brown is much better than what we all thought. I thought he was a pure speed guy that takes the top off defenses but he is much more than that. He runs smooth clean routes and he is quick on his breaks. Very smart receiver. So happy we signed him!!! Great job Beane and Co.

He makes a lot of those improv plays as well... the 3rd and 17 we picked up yesterday, while a SENSATIONAL play by Allen, had just as much to do with Brown getting open and not giving up on the play.

• Like (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, wppete said:

On pace for about 113 or so grabs right now.

How many receptions did our top two WRs have last year?  Less than 100, combined?

• Like (+1) 2