Pats V Bills what I expect

PatsFanNH

The Pats D has been good, but they really haven't been tested yet, so not sure if they are just good, or really really good like their stats currently show. This will be a true challenge for JA as Billy will be throwing everything at him to try to get him to make young QB mistakes. If he plays smart with the ball and our D continues to play as they have, this one will be really close and I think we can get the W. 

59 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I disagree completely.  Last time NE gave up a TD Mahomes was throwing balls all over the field.  You have to be aggressive.  Run, run, pass punt plays into their hands.  Now Allen needs to be smart, but he also should be the difference if they pull off the win.  You have to take it to them.  Waiting for Brady and the defense to make an error is a losing bet.  Go make plays.  With our defense they need to bet on Allen and the offense making more plays then them.  

See I think if we get into a shootout we lose . Currently Brady will beat Allen 100 out of 100 times period if it's a pass war. Brady can't be effective if he's not on the field much.

58 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Pats played possum all regular season last year

playoffs began and the D came full bore at the opponents, took all by surprise

they even connected with Gronk at crucial moments, won the SB off his long catch

The Pats annihilated the Chargers, I’ll grant you that. The win against KC came down to the coin toss in overtime (tell me you don’t think the Chiefs would have scored a TD if they had gotten the ball first), and the Rams looked star struck and inept in one of the worst SB games ever played. If only the officials hadn’t robbed the Saints...

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I expect the Bills to curb-stomp the ***** Pat's* and bring them back down to reality.

Unless you're just being funny...c'mon bro! (no offense)  This is the Bills and it's still very early in the season.  Unfortunately I expect a lop-sided game and Buffalo is not going to be on the good side of that.  BB is just too good and this Bills team, Allen especially, is just too young.  I mean, of course I want the Bills to stomp the living crappola out of NE but I've been a Bills fan too long to bet money on that.  FWIW, if this plays out I expect the next meeting to be a real slug-fest and the Bills might even win.

Edited by Distorted One

30 minutes ago, transient said:

The Pats annihilated the Chargers, I’ll grant you that. The win against KC came down to the coin toss in overtime (tell me you don’t think the Chiefs would have scored a TD if they had gotten the ball first), and the Rams looked star struck and inept in one of the worst SB games ever played. If only the officials hadn’t robbed the Saints...

Pats came out blazing against the Chiefs, a lesser team than KC would never have come back

the Chargers are still sitting on a park bench muttering over that massacre.

Like everyone else I dont think the Bills are going to win. I just want to see the Bills play tough for 4 quarters and make it tough for the Pats. I think Ed Oliver could have an impact in this game if he can get in Brady's face and make him uncomfortable. The Bills offense has to hit on some deeper throws which they havent done much of this season. The Bills will need to have a productive 3rd quarter in order to stay in this game. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. This is going be a low scoring affair, yes neither team has faced a good team yet. (and lets face it how different would the Giants game have been with that rookie instead of Eli) but the Pats are the 1st rank D and the Bills the 6th ranked D. neither is a push over. 

2.  Close game - I see it going into the 4th quarter something like 13-10. Especially if Edelman is unable to play. 

3. Sacks golour - i see 10 sacks in this game! i'll say 5 a side. Patriots on 2 backup tackles (hopefully Cannon back but who knows) and well  as I have read hear from Bills Fans Allen holds onto the ball a long time and with the Pats secondary I don't see that changing this week.

those are three thing stick out to me for this matchup. I want a good game with Neither side having any major injuries, been way to many of those threw out the NFL this year. 

I expect to watch the game and see what happens.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. This is going be a low scoring affair, yes neither team has faced a good team yet. (and lets face it how different would the Giants game have been with that rookie instead of Eli) but the Pats are the 1st rank D and the Bills the 6th ranked D. neither is a push over. 

2.  Close game - I see it going into the 4th quarter something like 13-10. Especially if Edelman is unable to play. 

3. Sacks golour - i see 10 sacks in this game! i'll say 5 a side. Patriots on 2 backup tackles (hopefully Cannon back but who knows) and well  as I have read hear from Bills Fans Allen holds onto the ball a long time and with the Pats secondary I don't see that changing this week.

those are three thing stick out to me for this matchup. I want a good game with Neither side having any major injuries, been way to many of those threw out the NFL this year. 

The Bills scored 1 TD in two games against the Patriots last year and that was in the closing minute of garbage time of game 2................so yeah I tend to agree with your assessment.    

Since McDermott got here the defense has been decent at limiting scores versus the Patriots but the games haven't been competitive because the Patriots defense improved greatly and the Bills offense went from capable to totally impotent in the transition from Roman/Lynn offense to that of Dennison/Dabol.

Hopefully that changes this week but the Bills haven't exactly been a scoring dynamo against some unimpressive teams so far.

Despite a lot of speed this Bills offense lacks a big play element in the pass game so it takes them stringing together 7-12 plays to get points on the board and that's not a great matchup against fundamentally sound defenses like the Pats and the Bills.   Having Singletary back would help.    He would have made a big difference in the Bengals game IMO.........he would have turned some of Yeldon's shorter runs into big gains.     

45 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

Unless you're just being funny...c'mon bro! (no offense)  This is the Bills and it's still very early in the season.  Unfortunately I expect a lop-sided game and Buffalo is not going to be on the good side of that.  BB is just too good and this Bills team, Allen especially, is just too young.  I mean, of course I want the Bills to stomp the living crappola out of NE but I've been a Bills fan too long to bet money on that.  FWIW, if this plays out I expect the next meeting to be a real slug-fest and the Bills might even win.

I only apply the law of diminished expectations to my own life.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm just going to try and enjoy the game.  I think were finally close talent wise and want to see the proof on the football field.  Hopefully Daboll puts together a good game plan and does not outsmart himself with cutesy play calls.  On defense Edmunds has to play better .  Sony Michel has not run well  I hope that continues.  Would love to see a mistake free day from Josh Allen.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Question? does your D run on zone D usually?   Brady feasted on the Steelers Zone D, is it similar to theirs? 

And you should but see I see a close game and then Allen misreads the coverage and Gilmore picks him off for a pick 6 to win the game for the Pats. IE. I expect Allens youth and inexperience be the deciding factor.. THIS time.. But heck I will probably be wrong..  lol

Buffalo runs a mixed bag of zone and man. Mostly zone, but I believe our safeties are the best tandem in the league. The backend is excellent at disguising the coverages. Buffalo was the #1 defense against the pass last year and they may be even better this year.

Honestly, I think Buffalo's offense is much better than we are giving them credit for too. Comparing last year to this year when 3/4 of the offense is new is pointless.  The numbers they are putting up are trending up, not down, despite Allen's occasional WTF play. Even those dumb plays are decreasing and he is improving his completion percentage. Receivers are getting open and Allen is getting more time to throw.  The running game seems to be pretty solid too.  I don't think NE wins in a blow out and maybe, just maybe they even lose to this Buffalo team.  I'm certainly not expecting that but I won't be completely surprised either.

• Like (+1) 1

I have to start off saying i don't expect a win and think that our young and new O is too sloppy to really score on the pats.

the one good thing is this year we seem to be able to put together long scoring drives a few different ways, so if we can get a couple of scores the confidence will inspire.

if we are to win this game, some of our batted balls will turn into picks, we won't allow big plays, and we get some pressure on brady.

the biggest thing that i think goes overlooked is field position battle.  much like his sith master, parcels, billicheat has always had solid special teams and shoplifts cheap yards on punt returns, and generally puts the other team back as much as can be done.  we will have to at least sustain a few plays prior to punting and pin them back, as well as avoid horrible holding and lame returns on their punts.

58 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Honestly, I think Buffalo's offense is much better than we are giving them credit for too. Comparing last year to this year when 3/4 of the offense is new is pointless.  The numbers they are putting up are trending up, not down, despite Allen's occasional WTF play. Even those dumb plays are decreasing and he is improving his completion percentage. Receivers are getting open and Allen is getting more time to throw.  The running game seems to be pretty solid too.  I don't think NE wins in a blow out and maybe, just maybe they even lose to this Buffalo team.  I'm certainly not expecting that but I won't be completely surprised either.

More often than not this year they have looked like a legit NFL offense.  They are actually putting together drives rather than relying on a few big plays per game and we are no longer positioning for a slightly more advantageous punting position on 3rd and more than 5.  If they clean up the horrible mistakes I believe this offense has the potential to put up enough points to win most games.  Between Allen's WTF throws and team fumbles in the redzone I'm not confident as to what we're going to get week in or week out.  I do have faith that Allen will continue to improve in the ball security department as he has shown noticeable improvement in all other facets of the game.

• Like (+1) 1