Pats V Bills what I expect

PatsFanNH

I think they're beatable, but Josh HAS to get the hero-ball nonsense out of him. 

The Pats** will make you pay for those type of plays. If we win it, it's going to be another 4th quarter, inside 2 min. drive to do it. 

And I'm strangely OK with it if we lose, but take them all the way to 0:00 in the 4th. If we're in it, and lose a tough 3-7 point game, inside the 2-minute warning, I'm OK with it. I just want to see evidence that we belong in the conversation with them.

But I'd be much happier with a win.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Doubt he lhave much of an impact, Brady gets the ball out to quickly.

Agreed. If we're going to pressure him, it's got to be up the middle so he can't step up... THEN let Hughes clean up the mess from there.

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Bills don’t get five sacks.  They may not get any.  

A few batted balls would be nice. 

I'd like to see Brady knocked on his ass 4-5 times.  I think he'll get sacked at least 3 times.  I'm not sure if batted balls are tracked, but if they are, Buffalo has to be leading the league in them. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

Watch to see if Hughes is getting around the edge and then whether the holds are called or not...if Hughes can't pressure Brady then it will be a long day for the Bills. My expectations for the chance of a Bills' victory are low - regardless of the officiating the Pat's simply have the better coach and QB - the tenor of the officiating will only dictate if the game is close or allows for a Pat's blow-out of the Bills. You have to give it to Brady - that tweet about the officials calling too many penalties was masterful in terms of setting up the rest of the season.

Hughes, will be held, tripped, tackled, face masked. While the refs are concentrating on Brady

and making sure he doesn't break into a sweat. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good to hear from you PatsFan.  

I don't think the Bills win this game as I think coaching will dictate the outcome.  What I want to see is an aggressive game plan from McD and company, where they demonstrated that they learned what Brady's weakness is...pressure up the middle, getting hands up to deflect passes, playing the receivers physically to disrupt timing.

Your defense is looking tough.  Daboll has to find what is working for Josh Allen and the offense and stick to it.  Don't get cute and fix what isn't broken.

Hey Happy,  The Bills could win with the Pats O line beat up, our Center IR for the year (blood clots in the lungs yikes!!) and at least one backup tackle in the game. (Wynn on IR to).  

I am looking see how the Pats D does against an O capable of moving the ball with consistency.  I still expect a couple picks and a strip sack from Bennett. (Basing that off of Bills fans talk of Allen I gave not seen him play this year except in that awful Jets game. )

I don’t expect the Bills to win this game as I don’t trust our offense. If Josh plays great then we have a punchers chance. I don’t like how the offense has fallen asleep each game for a quarter or two.  The offense has looked very good a few times but have been pedestrian more than anything. 

Fortunately our opinions matter little and that’s why they play the game. I hope the Bills will win but I don’t have confidence that they will. 

Just now, Best Player Available said:

Hughes, will be held, tripped, tackled, face masked. While the refs are concentrating on Brady

and making sure he doesn't break into a sweat. 

Sadly this is the case.  The Pats O-line will get away with this against Hughes and others.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Doubt he will have much of an impact, Brady gets the ball out to quickly.  Yeah they are missing their tackles but their O Line coach has done miracles with worse.  the Patsfan talking about 10 combined sacks I think is absurd.

I agree Brady is really good at getting that ball out  but if I could push back slightly I think (and its just a biased Bills' fan's opinion) the Bills' LBs , CBs and safeties are pretty good at coverage (even with the zone emphasis) so just maybe those easy 6-7 yard passes won't be there and pressure will end up being a key to stopping Brady. 

Watch the Bills' do a master full job at limiting the Pat's passing offense and James White/ Sony Michel goes on to have  career days.

2 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

I agree Brady is really good at getting that ball out  but if I could push back slightly I think (and its just a biased Bills' fan's opinion) the Bills' LBs , CBs and safeties are pretty good at coverage (even with the zone emphasis) so just maybe those easy 6-7 yard passes won't be there and pressure will end up being a key to stopping Brady. 

Watch the Bills' do a master full job at limiting the Pat's passing offense and James White/ Sony Michel goes on to have  career days.

Question? does your D run on zone D usually?   Brady feasted on the Steelers Zone D, is it similar to theirs? 

4 minutes ago, PintoJack said:

Good defense against good defense, solid offense against solid offense. Agreed, it will be low scoring, but I'm feeling the Bills on top!

And you should but see I see a close game and then Allen misreads the coverage and Gilmore picks him off for a pick 6 to win the game for the Pats. IE. I expect Allens youth and inexperience be the deciding factor.. THIS time.. But heck I will probably be wrong..  lol

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Have we played a "real team"?  If you exclude the Giants win with Jones, our competition is a combined 0-8. we can win but we have to play without any unforced errors.  Sadly i think the Pats win and win by more the the 7 pt spread.

My head will explode. So not only we use this silly narative of counting losses BILLS handed to their opponents into this equation, but now we are excluding some of their wins due to roster changes?

Our competition has combined record 1-5.

This game means a lot more to Buffalo than it does to NE.  The Patriots know who they are.  They lose about one AFC East game per season and this might be the one.  If so, it's not the end of the world for Belichick and company; they always play better later in the season anyway.  For the Bills, this is the game where they are going to tell the world (and themselves) that they are for real, or not, and it's at home.  I think they will play with desperation and I don't see NE doing the same thing this week.   That often makes a difference in this league. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

My head will explode. So not only we use this silly narative of counting losses BILLS handed to their opponents into this equation, but now we are excluding some of their wins due to roster changes?

Our competition has combined record 1-5.

Well let your head explode then.

Comparing Eli Manning lead Giants and Daniel Jones Gaines, are effectively two different teams.  Also , You just dont exclude our wins.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Question? does your D run on zone D usually?   Brady feasted on the Steelers Zone D, is it similar to theirs? 

And you should but see I see a close game and then Allen misreads the coverage and Gilmore picks him off for a pick 6 to win the game for the Pats. IE. I expect Allens youth and inexperience be the deciding factor.. THIS time.. But heck I will probably be wrong..  lol

Equally likely is Gilmore and whichever one of your safeties isn't facing federal drug charges have a miscommunication and let DiMarco somehow get behind them while reaching a top speed of 7 mph.  Allen connects on the deep ball, Gilmore is closing fast, Gilmore is running beside DiMarco and is about to make the game saving tackle until Gilmore inexplicably stops pursuit and screams "This touchdown was YOUR fault!" at the safety.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd like to see Brady knocked on his ass 4-5 times.  I think he'll get sacked at least 3 times.  I'm not sure if batted balls are tracked, but if they are, Buffalo has to be leading the league in them. 

I think almost all Bills fans would like to see Brady get knocked on his ass multiple times. But the Bills defense hasn’t been sacking QBs very much this year, and Brady is particularly hard to sack (quick release, decent Oline play, penalties for incidental contact).  Therefore, I don’t see many sacks, possibly none.

The last time the Bills beat the Patriots, batting balls and getting close enough to rattle him was effective. That could happen again, but I’m just not a believer that sacks will actually happen. 

28 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

the Patsfan talking about 10 combined sacks I think is absurd

I agree, it's absurd.  I don't think the Pats*** will get more than 1-2 so we'll probably end up with 7-8 combined.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Equally likely is Gilmore and whichever one of your safeties isn't facing federal drug charges have a miscommunication and let DiMarco somehow get behind them while reaching a top speed of 7 mph.  Allen connects on the deep ball, Gilmore is closing fast, Gilmore is running beside DiMarco and is about to make the game saving tackle until Gilmore inexplicably stops pursuit and screams "This touchdown was YOUR fault!" at the safety.

Umm so Chung couldn't be there? lol that said you obviously haven't watched Gilmore the last year or so.  Man has turned into a shut down corner, perhaps the best in the league right now.  could that happen? Sure! I was using Gilmore as the example it could be any of the corners because Allen sees X when it ends up being Z and he throws it quickly and it gets picked. 

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills typically play a zone defense with the safeties in cover 2.  McD will have to modify this if he doesn't want to get picked apart.  I'm not sure how what we play is different from what the Steelers play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1