Pats V Bills what I expect

PatsFanNH

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. This is going be a low scoring affair, yes neither team has faced a good team yet. (and lets face it how different would the Giants game have been with that rookie instead of Eli) but the Pats are the 1st rank D and the Bills the 6th ranked D. neither is a push over. 

2.  Close game - I see it going into the 4th quarter something like 13-10. Especially if Edelman is unable to play. 

3. Sacks golour - i see 10 sacks in this game! i'll say 5 a side. Patriots on 2 backup tackles (hopefully Cannon back but who knows) and well  as I have read hear from Bills Fans Allen holds onto the ball a long time and with the Pats secondary I don't see that changing this week.

those are three thing stick out to me for this matchup. I want a good game with Neither side having any major injuries, been way to many of those threw out the NFL this year. 

I expect to see the officials not throw a flag for holding against the Patriots* offensive line.

My thoughts on this game are similar. If the Bills win, it's going to be an ugly, low-scoring, defensive battle. Of course, the Patriots are always capable of running away with games. Hard to pick the Bills given how young and inexperienced the team is and how experienced and dominant the Pats have been.

But they play the games for a reason. We'll see how it goes. Should be an exciting game. I hope it's competitive.

I’m expecting at least 1/4 of the Bills fans in the stadium to be wearing a Orchids of Asia shirt with Krafts name on the back. 

I’m also expecting to see at least 3 *****’s thrown onto the field.

I’m expecting a Bills victory 27-24

I’m expecting penalties to be 

Bills 11 for 120 yds

Patriots 2 for 20

I’m expecting the Bills to get 2 turnovers in this game.

I’m expecting to see a Female Bills fan who is in gymnastics streak across the whole field.

I’m expecting to see a Bills fan pee in the sink while a Pats fan is washing his hands 

I’m expecting to see Brady knocked out of the game in the 3rd qtr.

• Like (+1) 1

Disagree with those expecting a low-scoring game.  

Unfortunately, our defensive scheme plays right into Tom Brady's hands.  We like to keep catches in front of us, and limit offenses to short passes... which just happens to be his specialty.  Already this season, I've noticed some weak spots against covering screens and swing passes.  In our four match-ups since McDermott became the coach, the Patriots have put up 23, 37, 25 and 34 points.  Not exactly shut-down performances.  And I suspect the Pats were playing somewhat conservatively against us, knowing we were incapable of actually scoring points.  The only way this changes is if the Bills can bring tight-press-coverage, and heavy pressure up the middle.  After our D-Line bombed against the terrible Bengals blocking, I'm not optimistic.

On the other side, it's really hard to find flaws in anything New England has done so far.  They have totally shut-down their first three opponents, not letting up a single offensive touchdown.  They seem to be strong at all three levels.  With that said, I think the Bills can move the ball and score 20-25 points... IF they put all the dumb mistakes behind them.  This is the type of game where a dual-threat QB and versatile offense makes all the difference.  Bill Belichick will certainly find a way to take something our offense wants to do, and we will need to attack them in a completely opposite way.  That seems to be the goal of both McDermott and Daboll.  I'm just not certain we are quite there yet.

I know that fans don't want to hear it, but I think we are totally mismatched on both sides.  Out team is much better than years past, but we still aren't on the Patriots level.  That doesn't mean we can't win.  It just means we need to play WAY better than we have at any point this season.  We need a great game from the interior pass rush.  We need tight coverage and flawless tackling at all levels.  We need a better performance from the offensive line.  We need the coaches and Josh Allen ready to adjust the gameplan at a moments notice.  And we cannot turn the ball over.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m expecting to see a Female Bills fan who is in gymnastics streak across the whole field.

Is she going to stick the landing, or land on the stick ?

I know that a Bills win would shock a lot of people. I don't expect it, but even if NE wins convincingly, I still think we're a wild card team. The schedule favors us.

Too bad Singletary probably won't be able to go.

Edited by GreggTX

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. This is going be a low scoring affair, yes neither team has faced a good team yet. (and lets face it how different would the Giants game have been with that rookie instead of Eli) but the Pats are the 1st rank D and the Bills the 6th ranked D. neither is a push over. 

2.  Close game - I see it going into the 4th quarter something like 13-10. Especially if Edelman is unable to play. 

3. Sacks golour - i see 10 sacks in this game! i'll say 5 a side. Patriots on 2 backup tackles (hopefully Cannon back but who knows) and well  as I have read hear from Bills Fans Allen holds onto the ball a long time and with the Pats secondary I don't see that changing this week.

those are three thing stick out to me for this matchup. I want a good game with Neither side having any major injuries, been way to many of those threw out the NFL this year. 

I’d like the first sack to be of Brady, then the next 9 to be of a string of backups and emergency NE QB guys.  

OK, just kidding. I don’t want anyone to get hurt.....but if somebody MUST go down......   ?

I expect Belichick will employ a 2-3-6 defense to take away the short passing game & encourage Josh Allen to take off running.  "Team, in order to beat the Bills, we have to let Josh Allen run for 100 yards."  The plan will backfire when Dawson Knox makes some key downfield blocks, paving the way for Allen's 200 yard rushing day.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Patriots' defense has given up 6 points over the last 4 games...

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sadly this is the case.  The Pats O-line will get away with this against Hughes and others.

Better coaching yields better results. EVERY team complains about holding because it can be called on every snap. NE's D is held on every play too... So are the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, etc...

I don't have a good feel for how the game turns out, but several things are givens.  Among them, Belichick will have a strategy on defense to take something away and challenge Buffalo to move the ball without that one facet of their offense.  It will be whatever Belichick thinks Buffalo depends on the most to make their offense click.  It could be the running game.  It could be Josh's tendency to roll out and make plays on the run.  Whatever it is, Buffalo's success on offense will depend on Josh Allen's ability to operate out of his comfort zone.  

When Buffalo is on defense, New England has demonstrated the ability to do a lot of different things.  Last season, and it progressed, New England appeared to start relying on the running game a lot more, but this season, the running game has not been that much of a factor.  Instead, Brady has been putting up some big numbers again.  History has shown he can do that relying a great deal on tight ends or receivers, and the throws to running backs a lot too.  One constant when he's available is Julian Edelman.  I suspect Buffalo will use a lot of nickel alignment versus New England.  They like to do that anyway.  Hopefully, Taron Johnson is ready to go.  Edelman going against Siran Neal is a mismatch that Brady will drool over.

6 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Disagree with those expecting a low-scoring game.  

Unfortunately, our defensive scheme plays right into Tom Brady's hands.  We like to keep catches in front of us, and limit offenses to short passes... which just happens to be his specialty.  Already this season, I've noticed some weak spots against covering screens and swing passes.  In our four match-ups since McDermott became the coach, the Patriots have put up 23, 37, 25 and 34 points.  Not exactly shut-down performances.  And I suspect the Pats were playing somewhat conservatively against us, knowing we were incapable of actually scoring points.  The only way this changes is if the Bills can bring tight-press-coverage, and heavy pressure up the middle.  After our D-Line bombed against the terrible Bengals blocking, I'm not optimistic.

On the other side, it's really hard to find flaws in anything New England has done so far.  They have totally shut-down their first three opponents, not letting up a single offensive touchdown.  They seem to be strong at all three levels.  With that said, I think the Bills can move the ball and score 20-25 points... IF they put all the dumb mistakes behind them.  This is the type of game where a dual-threat QB and versatile offense makes all the difference.  Bill Belichick will certainly find a way to take something our offense wants to do, and we will need to attack them in a completely opposite way.  That seems to be the goal of both McDermott and Daboll.  I'm just not certain we are quite there yet.

I know that fans don't want to hear it, but I think we are totally mismatched on both sides.  Out team is much better than years past, but we still aren't on the Patriots level.  That doesn't mean we can't win.  It just means we need to play WAY better than we have at any point this season.  We need a great game from the interior pass rush.  We need tight coverage and flawless tackling at all levels.  We need a better performance from the offensive line.  We need the coaches and Josh Allen ready to adjust the gameplan at a moments notice.  And we cannot turn the ball over.

I can't stand fans that are party poopers and expect a loss and whipping, and are pouting already! But not a post like yours, as at least you put legit arguments.

22 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

See I think if we get into a shootout we lose . Currently Brady will beat Allen 100 out of 100 times period if it's a pass war. Brady can't be effective if he's not on the field much.

Being aggressive and getting in a shoot out are two different things.  Passing more often on first down vs running is being aggressive.  Allen passing 45 to 50 times isnt what I'm asking either.  I think the Bill's defense holds NE to the low 20s.  Buffalo needs to score 24 plus.  To do that they need to maintain their aggressiveness.

Both games vs the Giants and Bengals.  Up by 14 they go conservative.  Coming out of halftime they ran on every first down til the game was in jeopardy.  Against NE they cant slip into that trap.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m expecting at least 1/4 of the Bills fans in the stadium to be wearing a Orchids of Asia shirt with Krafts name on the back. 

I’m also expecting to see at least 3 *****’s thrown onto the field.

I’m expecting a Bills victory 27-24

I’m expecting penalties to be 

Bills 11 for 120 yds

Patriots 2 for 20

I’m expecting the Bills to get 2 turnovers in this game.

I’m expecting to see a Bills fan pee in the sink while a Pats fan is washing his hands 

I’m expecting to see Brady knocked out of the game in the 3rd qtr.

I need some help on the 2nd item

On 9/23/2019 at 10:21 AM, SWATeam said:

I'm hoping to see the Bills bat a lot of balls in defense of the short passing game.

Yeah, this. With all the batted balls near the LoS it's amazing that only one of them has been picked off this year. Let's hope a couple of those batted balls end up in the hands of a LB or S this week.

• Like (+1) 1