Pats V Bills what I expect

PatsFanNH

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You start with a weird "not facing federal drug charges" and I respond with UMM because the person your speaking of is PLAYING still.  See people use Umm when they are confused by a weird thing you said, or as I did poke a joke back at you.. see Pats fans also joke.. so maybe do as Rogers suggested a couple years ago and R-E-L-A-X,. its all good man.. just misunderstanding eachothers writing skills missing eachothers jokes.. :) it happens 

It can be disorienting trying to interpret the soulless humor of a Pats*** fan. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, TPS said:

The Bills played them very tough in their second match up last year at your place, and they are much better on O this year.

If the Bills get Taron Johnson and Singletary back, then I think it could be competitive.   

Singletary, in particular, is crucial IMO.  If he can’t go the offense will be “hamstrung”. He is the X factor 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He is with the Pats 2 more years.  He isnt going anywhere.  Also that incident is so dang weird!!! dont wanna go into it but he wasnt even there when the cops came lol,.. just weird. 

Yeah, someone probably snuck into his house, planted the coke and called the cops.

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

BB misses as often as he hits on trades, the difference is he can afford to, he has the coolest seat of any NFL HC so he can make bad trades/FA Signings and be fine while most can not. (maybe Andy Reid??)

HOGAN Didnt wash out 3 SB trips in 4 years isnt bad. and he helped a lot. 

Half of success in today's NFL is the QB, for nearly 20 years Belichek has gotten one of the greatest of all time and he is healthy 95% of the time, not only that he gets him at a huge hometown discount (plus the side business deals he throws to Brady). Every NFL coach would be envious of the situation, you dont really have to wrry about your #1 concern year in year out.

Brady wont last forever.

And I think if you really believe the Bill & Pats wil combine for 10 sacks and split the number you sure as hell better hope it isnt true because it gets easier to get hurt as you get older, despite all the avocado ice cream and wife's witchery can stop that.  Brady is one good concussion away from calling it quits.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

If the Bills are smart they play ball control offense and try to run the ball. If this offensive line shows up and feels like playing they can run the ball effectively on anyone. Mix in some throws to Beasley when man coverage shows itself and take a couple of shots especially with Knox down the seam. That and hope our D feeds off the rabid faithful and goes nuts. If the Patsies are without Edelman it won't be as easy to throw the ball for them and they won't get that quick timing offense going as well. Maybe a bit more time for our pass rush to get to Tawmy. Lots of ifs but this is where it can start. The Bills have to decide if they want this game or continue to be the Pats 2 dollar Whure on Nickel night.

I disagree completely.  Last time NE gave up a TD Mahomes was throwing balls all over the field.  You have to be aggressive.  Run, run, pass punt plays into their hands.  Now Allen needs to be smart, but he also should be the difference if they pull off the win.  You have to take it to them.  Waiting for Brady and the defense to make an error is a losing bet.  Go make plays.  With our defense they need to bet on Allen and the offense making more plays then them.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

I really REALLY hope that we aren’t the victim to a pile of suspect penalties.... I hate to have a conspiracy theory.... but I’ve never seen a team or even a player have so many calls go their way (Patriots/Brady)

You mean like the tuck rule?  The most egregious outrageous sports call off all time. maybe only rivaled to the Roy Jones Jr decision.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You mean like the tuck rule?  The most egregious outrageous sports call off all time. maybe only rivaled to the Roy Jones Jr decision.

Big BIG difference is, the TUCK rule was an actual rule. AND it was called correctly.   Sadly Raider fans are still in denial and fail remember all they had to do was stop Brady on 4th down. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. This is going be a low scoring affair, yes neither team has faced a good team yet. (and lets face it how different would the Giants game have been with that rookie instead of Eli) but the Pats are the 1st rank D and the Bills the 6th ranked D. neither is a push over. 

2.  Close game - I see it going into the 4th quarter something like 13-10. Especially if Edelman is unable to play. 

3. Sacks golour - i see 10 sacks in this game! i'll say 5 a side. Patriots on 2 backup tackles (hopefully Cannon back but who knows) and well  as I have read hear from Bills Fans Allen holds onto the ball a long time and with the Pats secondary I don't see that changing this week.

those are three thing stick out to me for this matchup. I want a good game with Neither side having any major injuries, been way to many of those threw out the NFL this year. 

That is not how I see it playing out. 

1) The Bills will definitely play hard and give the Pats their best shot

2) Offence is going to have to get 4 TDs to win this game

3) Crowd will likely cause one lucky turnover

4) Josh can’t have any turnovers this week

5) I’m saying Bills will be down 27-21 after a Pats TD with 2 min left and Allen will have the ball on the 25. Hopefully, our young QB comes through again. I think it comes down to Brown beating Gilmore for the game winning TD. 

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Half of success in today's NFL is the QB, for nearly 20 years Belichek has gotten one of the greatest of all time and he is healthy 95% of the time, not only that he gets him at a huge hometown discount (plus the side business deals he throws to Brady). Every NFL coach would be envious of the situation, you dont really have to wrry about your #1 concern year in year out.

Brady wont last forever.

And I think if you really believe the Bill & Pats wil combine for 10 sacks and split the number you sure as hell better hope it isnt true because it gets easier to get hurt as you get older, despite all the avocado ice cream and wife's witchery can stop that.  Brady is one good concussion away from calling it quits.

I see a lot of sacks because both D are so good.. I see Brady taking a sack instead of throwing an INT. (IE he goes down or runs for like a yard and slides.. etc) 

Bill and Brady make eachother... like arguing which came first the chicken or the egg. as a fan I dont care lol

Belichick learned a lot about us yesterday.  Will the Pats figure out how to cover all our receiving weapons?  Conversely, will our OL be up to countering the incredible rush they'll attempt to put on Allen to enable those weapons to be effective?  Allen will have to get rid of the ball faster than he has thus far. 

54 minutes ago, transient said:

Depends on whether or not this Bills team craps it’s pants at the mere thought of playing the Patriots*** like the Rams did in the SB or if they decide to play up to the level of the competition, which I think they’re more capable of than recent seasons past. I think it’s either gonna be a close low scoring game or another long day full of boneheaded mistakes for Bills fans. 

Pats played possum all regular season last year

playoffs began and the D came full bore at the opponents, took all by surprise

they even connected with Gronk at crucial moments, won the SB off his long catch

3 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Belichick learned a lot about us yesterday.  Will the Pats figure out how to cover all our receiving weapons?  Conversely, will our OL be up to countering the incredible rush they'll attempt to put on Allen to enable those weapons to be effective?  Allen will have to get rid of the ball faster than he has thus far. 

Belichick will use Gilmore to take Brown out of the game and will use scheme to remove Beasley.  He'll try to lock Allen in the pocket, and will load up the middle is the D to stop Gore.

The Bills will need to run Brown on comebacks and outs, ignore Beasley and check down to the backs and tight ends on the outside.  Re-introducing Foster into the offense would help, as would Singeltary being healthy.  Zay Jones might be able to find space on 10 and 15 yard patterns. They could also attack the edges of the defense with QB runs and jet sweeps, although they might have already shone too much of that the last two weeks.

On defense, Belichick will challenge Edmunds with screens and will run right at him, has he has had difficulty getting off blocks.  Taking away Brady's first read will be critical, so the ends should slow their rush to block short passes.  No Edelman will hurt Brady's quick passing game. 

Middle pressure will be key for the Bills.  Expect the Bills to line up linebackers in the A gap, and mix blitzes and drop backs, looking to break up Brady's first reads.

The defensive backs will sit in zone and try to keep everything in front if them, which will be frustrating because NE will build some long drives.

Buffalo's run defense will need to be stellar, and this is part of the game they could be dominant, as NE hasn't really racked up great rushing numbers this year.

This game is winnable.  No Gronk, injuries on the offensive line and at WR.  Daboll needs to figure out how to attack NE beyond using Brown and Beasley.  Hopefully Singeltary will be ready to go.

I like to think we've turned a corner, but the Patriots still look like the Patriots, and we're not there just yet.

I give the Bills a puncher's chance due to home field, but it's likely the Pats win this one.  You have to play perfect to beat them this year.

We are a good team with rock solid coaching /game planning.  Allen appears to be the type of QB who gets better when their is pressure. He actually plays loose when he gets comfortable. Our Defense is more than capable. It will come down to our offense (Allen)  not leaving points on the field as they have the 1st 3 games

I am not going into this game hoping not to get embarrassed. I am going into this game expecting the Bill's to win because the time has come for a changing of the guards and we are that team

I respect what the Patriots bring but this is the game that changes the narrative, and the Bills will be ready..

HERE WE GO 

giphy.gif

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'd like to see Brady knocked on his ass 4-5 times.  I think he'll get sacked at least 3 times.  I'm not sure if batted balls are tracked, but if they are, Buffalo has to be leading the league in them. 

Passes Defensed is the stat.  Bills are leading the league by A LOT.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-pass-defenses

• Like (+1) 1