Pats V Bills what I expect

PatsFanNH

1. This is going be a low scoring affair, yes neither team has faced a good team yet. (and lets face it how different would the Giants game have been with that rookie instead of Eli) but the Pats are the 1st rank D and the Bills the 6th ranked D. neither is a push over. 

2.  Close game - I see it going into the 4th quarter something like 13-10. Especially if Edelman is unable to play. 

3. Sacks golour - i see 10 sacks in this game! i'll say 5 a side. Patriots on 2 backup tackles (hopefully Cannon back but who knows) and well  as I have read hear from Bills Fans Allen holds onto the ball a long time and with the Pats secondary I don't see that changing this week.

those are three thing stick out to me for this matchup. I want a good game with Neither side having any major injuries, been way to many of those threw out the NFL this year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I expect the Bills to curb-stomp the ***** Pat's* and bring them back down to reality.

that just your fandom speaking or do you have something that back that up?  :)

I mean its much more likely the Pats curb stomp the Bills because this is old hat to them and well the Bills are young still. (I dont expect it, but much more likely)

• Like (+1) 1

Basically, I am expecting a loss in these games until the Bills prove otherwise.  

I do think it could turn into a D and ST grind, which is probably the Bills' best shot, but in which case still gives the advantage to Belichick and the Pats due to experience and detail.  The Bills' ST has had some average to poor showings so far.  They could get lucky with a key turnover, a Roberts punt return, etc and come out on top though.  

Cant run and gun against the Pats' defense to keep up if the Pats' offense is clicking and scoring with any regularity.

Bills can't beat themselves.  Pats haven't played a real team so it will be interesting to see if we can give them a game.  We played them real tough last year monday night when anderson couldn't move the ball to save his life.  Allen can't leave points on the field like he did in cincy.  Don't turn the ball over and force a turnover on Brady and we can have a shot

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Bills can't beat themselves.  Pats haven't played a real team so it will be interesting to see if we can give them a game.  We played them real tough last year monday night when anderson couldn't move the ball to save his life.  Allen can't leave points on the field like he did in cincy.  Don't turn the ball over and force a turnover on Brady and we can have a shot

Have we played a "real team"?  If you exclude the Giants win with Jones, our competition is a combined 0-8. we can win but we have to play without any unforced errors.  Sadly i think the Pats win and win by more the the 7 pt spread.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Exactly.

One thing is certain, the Pats* WILL make the Bills pay dearly for any/every boneheaded mistake/turnover. 

• Like (+1) 2

Watch to see if Hughes is getting around the edge and then whether the holds are called or not...if Hughes can't pressure Brady then it will be a long day for the Bills. My expectations for the chance of a Bills' victory are low - regardless of the officiating the Pat's simply have the better coach and QB - the tenor of the officiating will only dictate if the game is close or allows for a Pat's blow-out of the Bills. You have to give it to Brady - that tweet about the officials calling too many penalties was masterful in terms of setting up the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Neither team has faced a true test yet I agree! The Pats D I think is legit.  I base that off of 3 points allowed in 3 games and allowing 199 yards per game. Thats good no matter the competition.  The Bills like I said are ranked 6th so they are not going be easy move the ball against especially if Edelman is out and we are still on our backup tackles.

As someone mentioned this isnt a must win for either team, I just dont want any other injuries to either team.  

Good to hear from you PatsFan.  

I don't think the Bills win this game as I think coaching will dictate the outcome.  What I want to see is an aggressive game plan from McD and company, where they demonstrated that they learned what Brady's weakness is...pressure up the middle, getting hands up to deflect passes, playing the receivers physically to disrupt timing.

Your defense is looking tough.  Daboll has to find what is working for Josh Allen and the offense and stick to it.  Don't get cute and fix what isn't broken.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

Watch to see if Hughes is getting around the edge and then whether the holds are called or not...if Hughes can't pressure Brady then it will be a long day for the Bills. My expectations for the chance of a Bills' victory are low - regardless of the officiating the Pat's simply have the better coach and QB - the tenor of the officiating will only dictate if the game is close or allows for a Pat's blow-out of the Bills. You have to give it to Brady - that tweet about the officials calling too many penalties was masterful in terms of setting up the rest of the season.

Doubt he will have much of an impact, Brady gets the ball out too quickly.  Yeah they are missing their tackles but their O Line coach has done miracles with worse.  the Patsfan talking about 10 combined sacks I think is absurd.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

2 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

As I have mentioned Pats are on backup tackles, I would expect the TE to stay in and help block Hughes.