Jerry Hughes tweet about Brady

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Over officiating is killing the game. The art of judgment is being lost. When a minor infraction happens away from the play and it has no bearing on the play the infraction shouldn't be called. It shouldn't be called not because it didn't happen but because it represents a demonstration of good judgment and common sense. On almost every play the first thing the viewer looks for is to see if a penalty was called to nullify the play. There is so much choppiness to the game that it has lost its coherence. There is simply too much stupid officiating in the NFL. 

Absolutely. When the phrase is “incomplete, no penalty” or “incomplete, no flag on the play” then there is a massive problem. Announcers have become so conditioned to seeing weak flags nullifying plays. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

While he's 100% right.....

Please don't give Brady any extra motivation.

See I'm different. I want the patriots at their best. That's were I will get the most satisfaction when we win. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There was a play yesterday where Oliver was getting double teamed, he broke through and the Bengals guy had his entire arm around Oliver's chest/neck holding him.  I was like sheesh, hope they're letting that stuff go for BOTH teams.

There was one where Jerry was gonna tackle the RB for a loss and was clearly held right in front of the ref. No call, RB got a first and it started a long drive for bengals

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Brady Instagram post with his father and son was pretty good.  Have to give Brady credit for hyping the game.  If the Bills offense was further along he probably would be concerned.  Brady know the Pats Defense right now if a historically good defense.  You can't make a single mistake against them.

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hughes is the last one I want publicly criticizing refs.  Especially this week.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would prefer they say nothing this week. But Hughes is held constantly with no calls

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Of course he's right.  But it can absolutely hurt when someone with Hughes' history with refs calls them out.  I don't think it was wise; certainly unnecessary.

But I really think that makes him the right person to deliver the message. Brady has a long history on whining for a call the moment that things don't go his way. His O-line gets banged up, and suddenly Brady is the one complaining about the refs not "lettin' 'em play".

Meanwhile, Hughes has a long history of actually being f'd over by the refs. Does anyone else remember the personal foul for slapping his own teammate on the helmet in a celebration for getting a stop? If there is anyone better qualified to point out the double standard, it's him.

Besides, weren't there people here talking about how Belicheck plays 4D chess like a genius by having Brady tweet that? How are we getting upset that the Bills finally start seeing the board?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There was also a blatant hold on Nscheke on the game winning drive in which Allen was able to get away from a sack and run for a first down. 

As as long as it goes both ways I guess.

Yep.  I was watching w my son and told him a few times to watch for a flag on the Bills when i saw them hold, but it never came.  They did let stuff go on both sides.

31 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Saw that, it was bad... couldn't believe there wasn't a call.

We had a few around the neck take downs of Bengal interior d-linemen that in years past would have resulted in penalties.

They were letting them slide for both teams.

Guess Brady's call worked, or the overly officious jerks finally realized they have been killing the game.

I expect several roughing the Brady calls next game. I am ok with that, because disrupting their timing is the best way to attack NE.