Let's overreact to Week 3 in the NFL: Are the Bills for real? - ESPN

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Only 10 QBs in the NFL threw more passes over 20 yards in the air than Allen did in 2018.

This 300 yards passing as a line of demarcation is silly to me.

I always kind of laugh when people get hyped about being 10th in the NFL at something. Like dude, it’s a 1/3 of the league. That’s not impressive. 10th puts you right in the middle of the bell curve. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When you couple the 3-0 start with the fact they have 3 more games against Jets and Miami, I get hopeful for a playoff run. I looked over the schedule and there is probably 4 games right now that the Bills would be underdogs in. Not saying we win 12 games but 10 is achievable.

This is where I was at before the season.

The injuries are starting to pile up though so we will see, but definitely don't see an outright collapse.

I think this is a playoff team. I also think they are not in the same class as NE*

That said I think they can beat every team on the schedule. Only games I am "worried" about: NE* x2 and Baltimore. Philly will be a tough test but they are beat up. Every other game, the Bills can win. As long as they dont beat themselves

43 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Only 10 QBs in the NFL threw more passes over 20 yards in the air than Allen did in 2018.

@eanyills, why are you "skeptical," of this post?  I'm interested to know.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This reminds me a bit of the 87-88 Bills.  They are getting decent..  Showing signs of joining the NFL, strong defense, offense beginning to figure it out. 

Not sure they have completely arrived yet the way the 88 Bills did.   

I think you are right. I told my son the same thing after the game yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

What??? National sports journalists being lazy about the Bills during the offseason? I'm horrified. Welcome to the internet world of sports coverage. 

I actually think this is equally lazy. The Bills are indeed better than last year. I think they are about an 8/9 win team. 

We are 3-0 against 3 teams that are probably picking in or around the top 5. 

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

People getting excited about being top 10 or around there in the NFL always make me giggle a little bit. Like dude, that puts you just at or outside the top 3rd. It’s like legitimately getting excited and putting a bumper sticker on your car that reads, “My Kids Get C’s”

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I actually think this is equally lazy. The Bills are indeed better than last year. I think they are about an 8/9 win team. 

People getting excited about being top 10 or around there in the NFL always make me giggle a little bit. Like dude, that puts you just at or outside the top 3rd. It’s like legitimately getting excited and putting a bumper sticker on your car that reads, “My Kids Get C’s”

Not sure who's getting excited.  The poster said that Allen didn't throw the deep ball.  I provided a statistic that shows that, last year, he threw the deep ball more than 2/3 of the rest of the QBs in the league.

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Well, at least you're consistent. There's that.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Im hopeful. But week 4 is the first true test. To date our victories are against opponents with a combined record of 1-8. Technically 0-8 because the 1 victory was not the Giants team we faced as Daniel Jones was at the helm. 

Understand your point but you do realize this will be the first true test this season for the Patriots. They are 3-0 with victories over opponents who are 0-9. Bills have won without playing a complete game yet. This would be a great game to be strong in all four quarters. Love they direction this team is going!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Threw more or completed more? So far his deep ball accuracy has been sub-par at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Threw more or completed more? So far his deep ball accuracy has been sub-par at best. 

Threw more.  Two more than Brady and Allen's completion percentage on those passes was higher. 

The long ball doesn't win games.  Short/intermediate passes win games.  Allen has thrown more short/intermediate passes this season and we're 3-0.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Threw more.  Two more than Brady and Allen's completion percentage on those passes was higher. 

The long ball doesn't win games.  Short/intermediate passes win games.  Allen has thrown more short/intermediate passes this season and we're 3-0.

His pass charts showed his strength was intermediate passes in the middle of the field last year. The Beasley pick up and drafting of two TEs was the best thing they could've done to really play off of that. Sometimes the long ball is necessary though to keep a defense honest, and he hasn't been close or has thrown right into coverage so far this year. Overall though I agree with you, just trying to clarify. 

1 hour ago, GRHater69 said:

What??? National sports journalists being lazy about the Bills during the offseason? I'm horrified. Welcome to the internet world of sports coverage. 

“Hey, Bills are showing improvement.  Should we take a crew up to their training camp?”

”No, there’s nothing to do in Fredonia N.Y. in the evening.  Send extra staff to the Giants and Jets”.

33 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Understand your point but you do realize this will be the first true test this season for the Patriots. They are 3-0 with victories over opponents who are 0-9. Bills have won without playing a complete game yet. This would be a great game to be strong in all four quarters. Love they direction this team is going!

I actually just started realizing today that the Patriots really haven’t played anybody of note either. In fact, they might have had an easier schedule than the Bills to date, playing a blatantly tanking Miami team and a beat up Jets team on their 3rd string QB. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Brees, Rivers, Mahomes = one Super Bowl win in 35 combined years.

Sometimes losing is exciting.

Winning is great but only counts if you are playing Arena League Football - I rest my case! I would love to spend a cold gray day in an open air stadium with some flurries on natural grass watching smash mouth football, especially if its a Buffalo win.

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I actually just started realizing today that the Patriots really haven’t played anybody of note either. In fact, they might have had an easier schedule than the Bills to date, playing a blatantly tanking Miami team and a beat up Jets team on their 3rd string QB. 

In light of the unkind remark regarding the alleged easiness of the New England Patriots’ schedule, you will be billed for an AB # 1 / 17 / 84 Patriot jersey (gift shop choice, no substitutions).  Please provide a credit card number and address it can be shipped to.  ?

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I think this is a playoff team. I also think they are not in the same class as NE*

That said I think they can beat every team on the schedule. Only games I am "worried" about: NE* x2 and Baltimore. Philly will be a tough test but they are beat up. Every other game, the Bills can win. As long as they dont beat themselves

You're not worried about Dallas?

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they should put this up in the locker room to give them even more reason to kick the evil empires ass.

talk about disrespect. ***** nfl.com

disrespect.jpg

NFLN GMFB had a spot on the Most Surprising  3-0 team.  

(maybe it was a good thing??)  No one spoke of the Bills (much)

5 minute Mark 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_BIBcnde8g

and 6:30 mark 

EDIT - 

just seemed weird how the Bills were ranked the lowest of those teams and more and 3-0 isn't a surprise for a team expected to be 0-3 or 1-2? 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1