Only 6 AFC teams have winning record. We must be in playoffs this year

Artem Lipatov

3 hours ago, Bevis said:

The Bills' future this season really depends on how their culture and process will be able to cope with a demoralizing loss the Pats. If they win, they will be equally tested on the coping with success front.

You are just one big ray of sunshine aren't you ??

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm calling it right now:

There is NO CHANCE the Bills finish at 6-10.

They have two games remaining against Miami, one against the Jets at home, the Redskins as well. That's 4 wins and i don't really care if people think that's unrealistic because it isn't.

I'm fine with the logic of that argument and I wouldn't bet against it. That being said, this is a one week at a time league. 

3 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I am not sure we will beat them this week. They are looking scary this season. And our new offensive players need some time to play together. We'll dethrone them in playoffs.

They look scary but their opponents so far are 0-9. Obviously ours are 1-8 and we have looked worse than them but the point remains they have not been tested at all. I still will never pick us to beat them but its something to consider.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Very true! but in the Pats D defense, they only have given up 3 points in 3 games and less than 200 yards a game... thats impressive no matter who your facing! 

That's true, but lets face it, they played Miami. Miami at this point is a Pee Wee league team which skews the numbers. Buffalo's Defense is only allowing 16 points and 300 yards a game with an average of 88 yards rushing allowed. The Pats are only allowing 37 yards rushing on average but the teams they have played are horrible and always playing from a huge deficit so they can't really throw the ball all that much. Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that this will be an easy game for the Bills. I'm just saying that this is really as much of a test for them as it is for us.

None of the teams they have played have been able to generate the pass rush our defensive front 4 has been able to do and I expect our defense to do a lot of disguised defensive formations along with a few well timed blitzes. I am expecting a hard fought game for both teams. I hope for a win but i know it will be tough. If we come out of the game with a loss but it's a close hard fought game and not a blow out, I think that it's really a win for showing the growth of this team. JA is still young, he's going to make mistakes and some of them may cost us a game or 2, i just hope that it's not this week that it happens.

6 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

That's true, but lets face it, they played Miami. Miami at this point is a Pee Wee league team which skews the numbers. Buffalo's Defense is only allowing 16 points and 300 yards a game with an average of 88 yards rushing allowed. The Pats are only allowing 37 yards rushing on average but the teams they have played are horrible and always playing from a huge deficit so they can't really throw the ball all that much. Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that this will be an easy game for the Bills. I'm just saying that this is really as much of a test for them as it is for us.

None of the teams they have played have been able to generate the pass rush our defensive front 4 has been able to do and I expect our defense to do a lot of disguised defensive formations along with a few well timed blitzes. I am expecting a hard fought game for both teams. I hope for a win but i know it will be tough. If we come out of the game with a loss but it's a close hard fought game and not a blow out, I think that it's really a win for showing the growth of this team. JA is still young, he's going to make mistakes and some of them may cost us a game or 2, i just hope that it's not this week that it happens.

I agree on a close game.  I just don't see the Bills D confusing Brady , (it rarely happens) and he will torch blitzes all day.. especially if Edelman is going those two share a weird psychic link lol.   The Pats D hasnt faced anyone, but neither have the Bills.  (Jets with a MONO QB, Eli Giants, Cincy) 

It should be a good low scoring game.. with hopefully no major injuries

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree on a close game.  I just don't see the Bills D confusing Brady , (it rarely happens) and he will torch blitzes all day.. especially if Edelman is going those two share a weird psychic link lol.   The Pats D hasnt faced anyone, but neither have the Bills.  (Jets with a MONO QB, Eli Giants, Cincy) 

It should be a good low scoring game.. with hopefully no major injuries

Oh i definitely agree. The Bills really haven't faced a REALLY tough team yet. But yes it's hard to confuse Brady, and teams get burned when they blitz him, especially when he has their defensive coordinator in his ear giving him coverage reads. It usually only happens (him getting confused) when they have equipment issues. And before you go all crazy with denials that they don't cheat, it's already been admitted by a previous backup QB who went in for him and he picked up his helmet by mistake and heard their DC in his helmet after the connection is supposed to be cut off at the 15 second mark on the play clock.

Obviously it's early, but I think we can say with relative certainty the playoff picture is likely to end up looking like this:

AFC East: Patriots - just being realistic

AFC West: Chiefs - think they're clearly the best in the division

AFC North: Ravens - same

AFC South: Colts/Texans

Wild Card Contenders:

• 2nd place team in the AFC South
  • LA Chargers
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Maybe Cleveland Browns if they right the ship

So we're talking about 3 or 4 teams competing for the last 2 spots and Buffalo will likely be in that mix. If every game goes the way you'd expect, I think Buffalo ends up 10-6 and gets in. That's usually not how things go though; I'll say 9-7 is my realistic hope and I think at that point, it'll come down to tie-breakers to get in. Hopefully they go our way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

Oh i definitely agree. The Bills really haven't faced a REALLY tough team yet. But yes it's hard to confuse Brady, and teams get burned when they blitz him, especially when he has their defensive coordinator in his ear giving him coverage reads. It usually only happens (him getting confused) when they have equipment issues. And before you go all crazy with denials that they don't cheat, it's already been admitted by a previous backup QB who went in for him and he picked up his helmet by mistake and heard their DC in his helmet after the connection is supposed to be cut off at the 15 second mark on the play clock.

Are you saying Brady is Goff. Ive seen Brady change the play many times with under 10 seconds. 

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

so you admit the coaches are still calling in plays to Tom?? 

No in fact I think Flutie was blowing smoke when he said that. The league controls headset /helmet communications for both teams. Unless thats another conspiracy theory you guys want to run with.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

No in fact I think Flutie was blowing smoke when he said that. The league controls headset /helmet communications for both teams. Unless thats another conspiracy theory you guys want to run with.

There's no need for some crazy conspiracy theory. The Patriots are known cheaters. Their HoF QB was suspended for cheating, their owner fined, the team docked draft picks by the league, tapes have been burned to hide the facts from the public.

I wouldn't put it past the Patriots to install a 2nd speaker in Brady's helmet or hack into the signal. They are known cheats and once a cheat, always a cheat. They get no benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

that story has been in circulation for years.  How the Guests headsets miraculously FAIL and can't be fixed, then after a few plays they get with the refs to complain and (officially) cut off both sides feed.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Are you saying Brady is Goff. Ive seen Brady change the play many times with under 10 seconds. 

What are you talking about? No thats not what i am saying. I’m saying Brady was/is getting defensive play calls through headset tampering via headset tapping. 

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

I think your tin foil hat needs adjusting.

Not in the least. It’s all been documented and discussed several times over the years. You as a Pats fan of course are def to the truth that your team; including your qb, your coach and your team owner are all low life cheating scum bags that put such a negative stigma on the NFL during it’s early scandals of cheating the NFL had to destroy the proof so that they could deny deny deny.  

5 hours ago, jletha said:

They look scary but their opponents so far are 0-9. Obviously ours are 1-8 and we have looked worse than them but the point remains they have not been tested at all. I still will never pick us to beat them but its something to consider.

Yes, but the Pats have faced FAR worse offenses than the Bills so far. Doesn't mean the Pats won't stomp us, but looking at offensive and defensive rankings and projecting what they mean is a little iffy right now. Pats might have a good defense, but they aren't going to keep most opponents to single digit points.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Not in the least. It’s all been documented and discussed several times over the years. You as a Pats fan of course are def to the truth that your team; including your qb, your coach and your team owner are all low life cheating scum bags that put such a negative stigma on the NFL during it’s early scandals of cheating the NFL had to destroy the proof so that they could deny deny deny.  

The sour grapes is strong with this one