Only 6 AFC teams have winning record. We must be in playoffs this year

Artem Lipatov

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Still too early in the. Season for blanket statements. That said, it is true that even if we lose next week, we will remain a top 6 team in the AFC. But I feel we have a decent shot at sitting on top of the AFC after week 4. Standout defense, clutch qb, electric rb, rookie gronk, things looking up.

Personally, I see Knox more as a Jermey Shockey minus the attitude than a Gronk. 

1 hour ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I am not sure we will beat them this week. They are looking scary this season. And our new offensive players need some time to play together. We'll dethrone them in playoffs.

I'm not really sure the Pat's are really all that scary. Like what everyone is saying about the Bill, look who the Pats have beaten. Steelers, Miami, and the Jets. None of those teams are doing well on Offense or on Defense. There opponents so far are 0-9 and ours are 1-8. I think this week is going to be a test for BOTH teams, not just the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

And one 2-1 team is Colts. With all due respect to Frank Reich it's hard to beleive they will clinch playoff after Luck's sudden retirement.

The Colts are legit good.  That's why the Luck retirement stings so bad.  That's a team that could win the Super Bowl.  I think Brissett has shown he's good enough to keep them in the 10-11 win hunt for sure.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Colts are legit good.  That's why the Luck retirement stings so bad.  That's a team that could win the Super Bowl.  I think Brissett has shown he's good enough to keep them in the 10-11 win hunt for sure.

Agreed. I underestimate Brissett. He is very capable. Unfortunately for the Colts you can't just be capable when Mahomes and Brady are in the AFC. I think the Colts will be the 6 seed and lose to Ravens in round 1.

10 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

This week will tell us a lot about this team. The Patriots are the first real team we face. Otherwise our opponents are a combined 1-8, 0-8 if you discount the 1 victory as it was led by Daniel Jones and not Eli Manning. If they go out and handle business against the Patriots then it’s time to start planning the parade. 

For what it is worth, someone posted a link to Pats thread last night. A few of the Pats fans expressed concern about the Bills and Ravens as the trouble spots and potential losses on the schedule. The Bills have raised some eye brows around the league. I expect a competitive game. This is obviously a different Bills team from last year, and the Patriots will have their first real fight of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Only 6 teams in AFC have winning record. We must be in playoffs this year.

I realize it's only start but 10 teams lost 2-3 games of 3. They are surely beatable. We have 2 wins insurance over them to stay in playoffs picture.

Only 3 teams have 3-0. Bills, Chiefs and Patriots. Good company. 

very very early for this IMO.  

Jets - are playing a 3rd string QB and Darnold (per their fan base) is aiming come back week 5.  Lets face it their D is good and that O is bad because of their current QB. IF he comes back he will make them a lot better.

Browns - have started of shaky but they have the talent to also make the playoffs. 

Colts -- Playing well without Luck and are 2-1 as are the Texans BOTH very good Teams 

SD Chargers - come on now they are 1-2 but could easily be 3-0.  but capable team.

lol I wrote all that and now look and say hmm, the Bills should make the playoffs at the #5 seed at least.

46 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm calling it right now:

There is NO CHANCE the Bills finish at 6-10.

They have two games remaining against Miami, one against the Jets at home, the Redskins as well. That's 4 wins and i don't really care if people think that's unrealistic because it isn't.

Tell that to NFL Radio's Bruce Murray who had them at 6-10 after going through every game for every team in the NFL.

BTW, Winslow, did you know that the jets picked up Bell and Mosley this off season?  They should be good.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

This week will tell us a lot about this team. The Patriots are the first real team we face. Otherwise our opponents are a combined 1-8, 0-8 if you discount the 1 victory as it was led by Daniel Jones and not Eli Manning. If they go out and handle business against the Patriots then it’s time to start planning the parade. 

lol it is still September, hold off on the parade planning lol..  even a win Sunday doesnt guarantee the division.. its a long season and week 4 is only 25% threw it.  this Sunday a test for both teams as both have faced Tomato cans till then. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

lol it is still September, hold off on the parade planning lol..  even a win Sunday doesnt guarantee the division.. its a long season and week 4 is only 25% threw it.  this Sunday a test for both teams as both have faced Tomato cans till then. 

Oh.  Great.  You're still around.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tell that to NFL Radio's Bruce Murray who had them at 6-10 after going through every game for every team in the NFL.

BTW, Winslow, did you know that the jets picked up Bell and Mosley this off season?  They should be good.

Was that pre-season?

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Personally, I see Knox more as a Jermey Shockey minus the attitude than a Gronk. 

I'm not really sure the Pat's are really all that scary. Like what everyone is saying about the Bill, look who the Pats have beaten. Steelers, Miami, and the Jets. None of those teams are doing well on Offense or on Defense. There opponents so far are 0-9 and ours are 1-8. I think this week is going to be a test for BOTH teams, not just the Bills.

Very true! but in the Pats D defense, they only have given up 3 points in 3 games and less than 200 yards a game... thats impressive no matter who your facing! 

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Was that pre-season?

JW, honestly...HONESTLY, before the season starts when you know all the things that went wrong last year and then how they started to go right and then knowing that the 7th overall pick had a year under his belt, and knowing they made about 10+ moves to guys who were easily and obviously better than what they had, HOW with a  straight face can Murray and the others go...

Yeah, same team.  Same team as last year.

???

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Still too early in the. Season for blanket statements. That said, it is true that even if we lose next week, we will remain a top 6 team in the AFC. But I feel we have a decent shot at sitting on top of the AFC after week 4. Standout defense, clutch qb, electric rb, rookie gronk, things looking up.

and don't forget the 12th man.  They will be roaring next Sunday

42 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Did he also have as going 0-4 to start the season

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm calling it right now:

There is NO CHANCE the Bills finish at 6-10.

They have two games remaining against Miami, one against the Jets at home, the Redskins as well. That's 4 wins and i don't really care if people think that's unrealistic because it isn't.

Sounds like an open invitation for a midnight visit from the ghost of Bills past.