Bills fan blows face off with fireworks...

Boca BIlls

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

On a side note, and I'm sure this will get skipped right over by everyone...

I don't think I have ever seen Jason Pierre Paul's healed hand since his incident.

Holy cow.  1 finger is gone, his middle finger is like a fat nub, and the three remaining fingers, including the thumb are all sort of melted down and shortened way beyond what they are on his good hand.

What did that guy have in his hand when it blew up?  That wasn't a firecracker...that had to be some type of serious explosive.

Dude's lucky to still have a hand.  His injuries look like something sustained on a battle field.

JPP tried to light a mortar shell that had basically little no fuse not giving him time to get his hand out of there The Bills fan I think also was firing a mortar shell but ad libbed with a piece of pvc pipe.  The lift charge did not work and the shell blew up inside the pvc turning it into shrapnel.  Mortar shells come with firing tubes and the best one are made from hdpe which melts into a blob should the shell lift charge fail to fire.  Sorry do a big firework display at home each year but I went to remote firing a few years ago

3 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

JPP tried to light a mortar shell that had basically little no fuse not giving him time to get his hand out of there 

I heard allegations that there was plenty of fuse, but JPP bet $20 that he could say ‘Jason Pierre-Paul’ three times before he had to toss the ‘grenade’.  So much for that idea.

16 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Ever tally the number of people killed while driving cars, and we do that pretty much every day,  we don’t here you saying anything about that, idiots gonna idiot, nothing can fix that level of stupid.

Well, you need a learner’s permit, take classes, pass a test and obtain a license to operate a properly inspected vehicle on roads monitored by law enforcement. 

Most people have no idea the damage even a single firecracker could do. 

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Well, you need a learner’s permit, take classes, pass a test and obtain a license to operate a properly inspected vehicle on roads monitored by law enforcement. 

Most people have no idea the damage even a single firecracker could do. 

It’s a Darwin thing, cannot be stopped, firecrackers or driving a car, even with training and law enforcement thousands die annually in cars,  sadly on that front the idiots don’t just kill themselves, lots of idiots within the human species. 

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s a Darwin thing, cannot be stopped, firecrackers or driving a car, even with training and law enforcement thousands die annually in cars,  sadly on that front the idiots don’t just kill themselves, lots of idiots within the human species. 

True, but it can be mitigated by imploring people not to handle or be around fireworks.  

16 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

True, but it can be mitigated by imploring people not to handle or be around fireworks.  

The same could be said for Italian deli meats being harmful for ones health, and it would be just as foolish as “NEVER USE FIREWORKS”  there is a saying, “ there is no joy in flight without fear of retribution”  this holds true in all aspects of living.  Again, ya can’t fix stupid,  it’s like death, it’s out there and coming for you. 

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The same could be said for Italian deli meats being harmful for ones health, and it would be just as foolish as “NEVER USE FIREWORKS”  there is a saying, “ there is no joy in flight without fear of retribution”  this holds true in all aspects of living.  Again, ya can’t fix stupid,  it’s like death, it’s out there and coming for you. 

It's not very persuasive to equate Italian deli meat to explosives. No one ever was sent to the hospital because they sat next to someone eating salami.  

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

It's not very persuasive to equate Italian deli meat to explosives. No one ever was sent to the hospital because they sat next to someone eating salami.  

I’ll assume you get my point none the less,  look at it like this, the death rate is holding steady at 100% no one gets out alive, if I want to use fireworks my safety is my responsibility,  we should not as a society try to legislate every damn thing. There are always exceptions to the rule. But let’s not jump the shark either.