The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

23 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe he is the most accurate QB to ever play the game. Maybe every single one of his throws go to the exactly spot that he intended to throw it to and it's everyone else that aren't where they should be?

Coming out of college Mayfield threw an absurd amount of passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage at Oklahoma.  I think it was something like 80% of his passes.  That always concerned me about him.  

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

Coming out of college Mayfield threw an absurd amount of passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage at Oklahoma.  I think it was something like 80% of his passes.  That always concerned me about him.  

I didn't watch a lot of Baker in college so I can't comment too much on him.  I do remember Palmer saying that Baker always had wide open WR's...something that Josh didn't have.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't watch a lot of Baker in college so I can't comment too much on him.  I do remember Palmer saying that Baker always had wide open WR's...something that Josh didn't have.  

They very rarely asked BM to throw downfield in that offense.  I had a lot of concerns about Allen also.  I would of took Rosen over Allen.  I questioned his accuracy.  But....he has shown me enough that I am confident I was wrong in my assessment of him, his tangibles are off the chart & his ceiling is extremely high.  I think we finally got our QB.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Browns situation:

1) A coach who is over his head

2) A QB who is being asked to play outside of his comfort zone

3) "Stars" on the roster who may implode at any time once the loss column starts piling up

I've got ice cream in the freezer and popcorn in the microwave, waiting for (bolded) this!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

They beat the Jets by 20 points. It's "likely" they lose, huh?

I agree that they would have lost to NJ had Darnold played

Yes, they ended up winning by a lot in the final score. But that game got tight and the Jets were driving before they screwed up in the Redzone.

At that point it was 13 point game and would have been 6 had NJ scored.

That's with a 3rd string QB playing, Bell injured and Mosley out

On 9/23/2019 at 1:10 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

But they are SuperBowl contenders and the Bills will be picking top 10 in the draft.  Just ask the media.

Which media? I saw media members predict the Bills would win the AFC East this year and start 4-0. I saw other media members say the Browns weren't as good as the hype they were getting.

This mystical, magical, evil unified "media" we see people continue to reference are this board doesn't exist. 

This doesn't surprise me 1 bit. Just like it doesn't surprise me that the Bills are 3-0 . 

I think the biggest issue is teams had plenty of tape on Baker and all the concerns pre draft are starting to appear in Bakers game now. 

Obviously, same goes for tape on Allen , but I just feel he's much more talented and giving defenses headaches on how to attack him . Whereas Baker is a little more cut and dry , in terms of defending him.

Look at Lamar , comes out first 2 games and barely runs , something I'm sure defenses heavily planned for and throws a bunch instead , catching them off guard. I still think he's super limited in the pass game and we'll see the running come back .

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

This doesn't surprise me 1 bit. Just like it doesn't surprise me that the Bills are 3-0 . 

I think the biggest issue is teams had plenty of tape on Baker and all the concerns pre draft are starting to appear in Bakers game now. 

Obviously, same goes for tape on Allen , but I just feel he's much more talented and giving defenses headaches on how to attack him . Whereas Baker is a little more cut and dry , in terms of defending him.

Look at Lamar , comes out first 2 games and barely runs , something I'm sure defenses heavily planned for and throws a bunch instead , catching them off guard. I still think he's super limited in the pass game and we'll see the running come back .

Lamar ran 16 times for 120 yards in Week 2.

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Lamar ran 16 times for 120 yards in Week 2.

There ya go. Forgot about that. But i watched him in KC this past weekend, and he looked just super basic as a passer. Usually 1 read , very limited as I said. He is super explosive and dangerous with his legs though

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan.  I'm skeptical if their approach is built for long-term and consistent success.

Go back about 4-5 seasons.  Similar to the Bills, the Rams were a perpetual 7-9 and 6-10 team without a Quarterback to get them over the hump.

Unlike the Bills, they had two cornerstone pieces on offense (Todd Gurley) and defense (Aaron Donald) to build around.

So instead of totally deconstructing their roster, the Rams kept the majority of their team intact.  To get the QB, they mortgaged much of their 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 drafts to trade-up and land Jared Goff.  With the extra cap space available from having a QB on his first contract, they have also been able to trade/sign numerous veterans.

The problem is, Goff just signed an extension for $134 million.  They recently handed big contracts to both Gurley and Donald.  They will soon be faced with really tough salary cap decisions, and won't have the space to sign everyone.  Once that happens, the holes on the roster will need to be filled by younger players.  And I'm not sure their draft classes from the past 4 seasons are up to the task.

They were a dropped pass or two from winning the SB last year. Not a terrible approach

I think the Browns and Bills are pretty similar teams currently. Browns a bit over hyped. Bills a bit under hyped to start the season. Both teams will float around 8-10 win mark and both can be streaky. Expected with young QB's. 

I don't think the Browns are in any trouble (yet), the same as I do not think the Bills have arrived (yet) or should count on a 10-12 win season, like we are starting to see posted. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MDH said:

Which media? I saw media members predict the Bills would win the AFC East this year and start 4-0. I saw other media members say the Browns weren't as good as the hype they were getting.

This mystical, magical, evil unified "media" we see people continue to reference are this board doesn't exist. 

You saw a few.  The rest are who I refered to.

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the Browns and Bills are pretty similar teams currently. Browns a bit over hyped. Bills a bit under hyped to start the season. Both teams will float around 8-10 win mark and both can be streaky. Expected with young QB's. 

I don't think the Browns are in any trouble (yet), the same as I do not think the Bills have arrived (yet) or should count on a 10-12 win season, like we are starting to see posted. 

I got money on the Bills going to the playoffs and money on them winning the division.

This Offense is going to get better every week as they learn.  There are currently only 8 total players from last years offense still with this team I believe  and not all starters.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You saw a few.  The rest are who I refered to.

I got money on the Bills going to the playoffs and money on them winning the division.

This Offense is going to get better every week as they learn.  There are currently only 8 total players from last years offense still with this team I believe  and not all starters.

I just don’t think they’re better than 8-10 wins, and they haven’t showed enough in the last 3 games (against very bad teams) to convince me otherwise. 

I’m not going to argue it, because it’s a stupid thing for me to be right about. They’re either not as good as you think they are, and that sucks, or they’re better than I think they are and it’s awesome! 

McDermott has to keep Brady under 24 points, and the offense has to score more than 24 points. Just using averages. I don’t think they’re there yet. But the team is absolutely improved and I’ll be cheering and rooting for it Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I just don’t think they’re better than 8-10 wins, and they haven’t showed enough in the last 3 games (against very bad teams) to convince me otherwise. 

I’m not going to argue it, because it’s a stupid thing for me to be right about. They’re either not as good as you think they are, and that sucks, or they’re better than I think they are and it’s awesome! 

McDermott has to keep Brady under 24 points, and the offense has to score more than 24 points. Just using averages. I don’t think they’re there yet. But the team is absolutely improved and I’ll be cheering and rooting for it Sunday. 

They are currently 3-0 which means the best you can possibly see them doing is 7-6 the rest of the way.  There is no possible way they could pull off 8-5?  

The worst you see them is 5-8 the rest of the way......in other words you see them as possibly a 2-8 team when not playing the fish or skins?  Really?