The Brownies are in trouble...

eball

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Not sure why ao many people had some romantic fantasy about them suddenly being a great team

They won the offseason(s).  Drafted a QB with a huge personality, then picked up a WR with the same.  Now all they need to do is sign AB and they will have the trifecta.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

50% comp 195 yds 1TD/1Int. What would people say if that was Josh Allen's stat line?

The same thing they say about him when he completes 65% of his passes for 250 yds, and leads game winning drives: Raw and wildly innacurate...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, eball said:

By losing two of their first three they've put themselves in a real tough spot...four of the next five are on the road (@BAL, @SF, SEA, @NE***, @DEN).  By the time they catch a "break" playing the Broncos they might already be out of it at 1-6.  Wow.

You sound almost gleeful.  I bet you do a mean Montgomery Burns imitation.  ?

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The same thing they say about him when he completes 65% of his passes for 250 yds, and leads game winning drives: Raw and wildly innacurate...

It’s funny. I don’t have a dog in the fight (no pun intended) because I neither like nor dislike the Browns but living here and listening to the homer media all offseason has been nauseating especially when they constantly put down josh Allen and crow about baker. The main thing they always go back to is accuracy. Mind you I’m pretty sure they’ve never actually watched him play  but whatever. Baker is “incredibly accurate. Pinpoint accurate” they say over and over while making their plans to go to canton for his HOF speech. Every Thursday when they pick the games, they pick the Bills to lose simply because “I just don’t believe in josh Allen. He’s just not accurate.” They never say anything but that. Apparently he’s the only player on the team but I digress. Yet I’m constantly watching baker throw the ball haphazardly in the direction of no one. At least they could take off the homer glasses for a second. 

They do the same thing with Lamar Jackson too btw. “He’s a gimmick. He won’t last. It’s not sustainable. Baker is Drew Brees.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Their QB is all hype,  just glad we did not end up with him. Josh is showing signs that he will be the best QB  to come out from that class,  yes he makes his share of mistakes but he makes big plays to win games when he has too.  Mistakes Josh makes can be corrected with coaching and more experience,  Baker is too short in my opinion ad that is not something that is going to change.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

50% comp 195 yds 1TD/1Int. What would people say if that was Josh Allen's stat line?

That it wasn't good enough. And it wasn't. But some of the play calling was genuinely mystifying. Baker needs to play better, but I thought he was okay last night, passable, and the INT came on the final play trying to force a throw to tie the game. He hasn't played as well as Lamar or Josh to start this season and some of that is on him. But the coaching is atrocious. Kitchens is a way bigger problem than Baker. 

Edited by GunnerBill

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The whole reason he got the job was because of mayfield. It’s bizarre. I just don’t think he’s ready to handle HC and the offense, so he’s letting Todd monken handle a lot, which is impacting things. 

The little i see of Kitchens the less impressed I am.  I thought he would at least be a likeable down to earth guy but he annoys me as much as other unlikeable  guys on that team.  Overtrying so hard in the PC to fall on the sword for his team - Write your articles!   Blame me!  So noble!  He is the epitome of the peter princlpal.

Never undrrstood the annointing of Maker, so glad we have Josh and not him.

Someone mentiomed in the game thread too - just wait til OBJ goes full diva  - a question of when not if. How fun would it be for the Giants to put their season back together under Jones and end up better than the Browns this year.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That it wasn't good enough. And it wasn't. But some of the play calling was genuinely mystifying. Baker needs to play better, but I thought he was okay last night, passable, and the INT came on the final play trying to force a throw to tie the game. He hasn't played as well as Lamar or Josh to start this season and some of that is on him. But the coaching is atrocious. Kitchens is a way bigger problem than Baker. 

You are coddling your guy. I watch those games and see a QB that loses his **** under pressure. And all that name brand talent they have isn't helping their Baker out. They are all just waiting to get the ball.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It’s funny. I don’t have a dog in the fight (no pun intended) because I neither like nor dislike the Browns but living here and listening to the homer media all offseason has been nauseating especially when they constantly put down josh Allen and crow about baker. The main thing they always go back to is accuracy. Mind you I’m pretty sure they’ve never actually watched him play  but whatever. Baker is “incredibly accurate. Pinpoint accurate” they say over and over while making their plans to go to canton for his HOF speech. Every Thursday when they pick the games, they pick the Bills to lose simply because “I just don’t believe in josh Allen. He’s just not accurate.” They never say anything but that. Yet I’m watching baker throw the ball haphazardly in the direction of no one. At least they could take off the homer glasses for a second. 

It really is funny how a national narrative / perspective on a player can establish such deep roots that, no matter what the actual evidence may show, the player seems to be constantly judged by that narrative / perspective. We know what it is with Allen. In Mayfield's case, it has almost been the opposite: Annointed as a QB who will lead the Browns to the SB, even though, in games against good defenses, he has struggled.

1 hour ago, eball said:

By losing two of their first three they've put themselves in a real tough spot...four of the next five are on the road (@BAL, @SF, SEA, @NE***, @DEN).  By the time they catch a "break" playing the Broncos they might already be out of it at 1-6.  Wow.

TBH,  SF and or Seattle have good records, yet I am not impressed by the who they played and how many points they won by in the majority of the wins.  And Denver? LOL  Winless!!! 

Granted the Bills only defeated 3 teams with a combined Win total of   1 - 8 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost