Ketchup and Mustard

Tenhigh

8 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Huh. I watched the game in Cape Town, thousands of miles away, and I just couldn't get into it the way I normally do. When they went down in the second half I couldn't get myself that worked up about whether they would lose or win. And I NEVER feel like that. Happy they won, and there were some fun plays, but I can't remember ever feeling so foggy about what was actually a pretty good game, let alone the home opener for an undefeated Bills team. Strange energy.

I thought the energy at the stadium was great!  Although, I was pretty buzzed, so it may have just been that

I know I’ll get slapped for this, BUT.....

who cares about the stupid ketchup and mustard show?!? I mean it’s cool to watch like once a year because it’s been classic in the past. But in actuality, once you’ve seen it once, you’ve seen it. It always ends the same way. It’s usually the same fat drunk idiots on top of the van doing the squirting. Usually with some random slut they promised they would allow them to do some squirting, as long as they.... did some squirting the night before. 

Its kind of old isn’t it? 

The “Bills Mafia” started out kind of cool and made you feel good to be a fan of the team, and now it’s just a embarrassing. At least most of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

It's not just you.  I'm not a regular in the Hammer lot but I try to stop by a few times a season for some bowling ball shots and to catch the Ketchup and Mustard thing once in awhile.  But they really dragged on the pre ceremony yesterday and a lot of people in the crowd were getting restless and starting to complain.  I agree that I think the Ketchup and Mustard thing is starting to jump the shark.  With that said nothing but love and respect for the Pinto Man's tailgate party though. 

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I wonder if he is alone? ?

Repeated ritual like that would take fun out of the TG for me.............maybe if Kenny were doing a polynesian ceremonial dance or something that the whole crowd could do instead of just getting splooged on with condiments it wouldn't require as much alcohol to enjoy for the 200th time.    

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I love Pinto Ron, just an undeniable amazing guy and fan. 

I always thought the condiments thing was stupid. 

He's a legend but he needs an exit strategy on that ceremony.    

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Repeated ritual like that would take fun out of the TG for me.............maybe if Kenny were doing a polynesian ceremonial dance or something that the whole crowd could do instead of just getting splooged on with condiments it wouldn't require as much alcohol to enjoy for the 200th time.    

He's a legend but he needs an exit strategy on that ceremony.    

funny thing is I am a Hammer regular as you know..love the Pinto tailgate...have never seen the ceremony! 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

funny thing is I am a Hammer regular as you know..love the Pinto tailgate...have never seen the ceremony! 

We were parked one row away from them,  directly across at Pole 5 for years so we saw it every week.........and we used to throw the unconsumed donuts or burger rolls at the people spraying the ketchup on the roof.   Nothing that would hurt anyone(some others would throw snowballs) but it added some degree of difficulty to the ceremony.

Somebody got a lucky shot and hit Kim in the forehead with a donut hole and afterward she came over and picked up a small stone and threw it at me because she was already mad at me for an unrelated Kimmy prank and assumed I'd done it.........I had my back turned talking to Cigar Mark and there was a "tink" sound and Mark was like......."I think something hit my eyeglass lens".  Dat girl be crazy.?   My best ceremony related story really.  

Kenny used to like to wander around the lot a bit and talk to people I hope he has time to do it still.   

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Kenny used to like to wander around the lot a bit and talk to people I hope he has time to do it still.   

well, i never see him up front..think he pretty much stays at his spot and talks to everybody who comes by to say hi.and its a never ending stream seems like

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, i never see him up front..think he pretty much stays at his spot and talks to everybody who comes by to say hi.and its a never ending stream seems like

The road games gotta' be like a vacation for him at this point.  Dude is a rock star.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The road games gotta' be like a vacation for him at this point.  Dude is a rock star.:lol:

Except i’ve noticed even away games, the Backers groups promote their tailgate by saying Ken will be there. 

I’m more curious if he’s starting to consider when to end his streak. I don’t think he can do this till his death. At what point will he say “that’s it”? A certain number of games? Or end of a particular season? After our SB win? Or just wake up someday and think “I’m not going today”

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Except i’ve noticed even away games, the Backers groups promote their tailgate by saying Ken will be there. 

I’m more curious if he’s starting to consider when to end his streak. I don’t think he can do this till his death. At what point will he say “that’s it”? A certain number of games? Or end of a particular season? After our SB win? Or just wake up someday and think “I’m not going today”

i did every game in 87..granted there was only 15 that year! Now kids are gone, i am thinking of maybe doing that again next year...and that seems daunting! One freaking year! no idea how he does it

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Huh. I watched the game in Cape Town, thousands of miles away, and I just couldn't get into it the way I normally do. When they went down in the second half I couldn't get myself that worked up about whether they would lose or win. And I NEVER feel like that. Happy they won, and there were some fun plays, but I can't remember ever feeling so foggy about what was actually a pretty good game, let alone the home opener for an undefeated Bills team. Strange energy.

I'm an old fan and I had the same feelings?  It seems the NFL has become a different experience.  For me, too much nonsense off the field and way too much money being made off loyal fans who just want to see a competitive game.

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I know I’ll get slapped for this, BUT.....

who cares about the stupid ketchup and mustard show?!? I mean it’s cool to watch like once a year because it’s been classic in the past. But in actuality, once you’ve seen it once, you’ve seen it. It always ends the same way. It’s usually the same fat drunk idiots on top of the van doing the squirting. Usually with some random slut they promised they would allow them to do some squirting, as long as they.... did some squirting the night before. 

Its kind of old isn’t it? 

The “Bills Mafia” started out kind of cool and made you feel good to be a fan of the team, and now it’s just a embarrassing. At least most of the time. 

Its tradition, plus its always fun to see whar former players show up. If you dont like it maybe just don't watch? Its easily avoidable.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Its tradition, plus its always fun to see whar former players show up. If you dont like it maybe just don't watch? Its easily avoidable.  

I agree.  Welcome to the twitter world where its everyones job to spoil everyone else fun.  Even had some "Mafia" members pissed Pancho got a special ceremony.