Two things from highlight shows - Unanswered points and Pancho Billa

Freddie's Dead

Two things bugged me as I watched all the highlight shows (I DVR and FF to the Bills stuff).  Many announcers said the Bengals scored "17 unanswered points" to take the lead.  Um, since we scored a TD to "answer" the FG, it's really 14 "unanswered" points.  I've never liked the term "unanswered points", it's overused and here, incorrectly used as well.

I had to sit through a number of announcers, many from the local news stations in Rochester and Buffalo, pronouncing Pancho Billa as either Poncho BEE-luh, or Poncho BILL-uh.  It's pronounced Poncho BEE-yuh folks, let's get the man's name right.  I asked for his help in the 4th QTR, and I think he answered, so the least we can do is get his name right.  RIP, brother.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

There weren't ANY unanswered points.  The Bengals scored 17 straight, and then the Bills answered all of them.

If the Bills had failed to score, the 17 points would have been unanswered.  But we would have had a lot more on our minds then than terminology.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

There weren't ANY unanswered points.  The Bengals scored 17 straight, and then the Bills answered all of them.

If the Bills had failed to score, the 17 points would have been unanswered.  But we would have had a lot more on our minds then than terminology.

People love to complain about the term but it's stupid IMO.  The complaining that is.

Thing is, "unanswered points" is a term with a specific meaning, not whatever meaning you choose to assign to it.

We all know what that is.  I score, you don't respond when you have the ball yourself.  I just scored unanswered points.

It's not that complicated.

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I asked for his help in the 4th QTR, and I think he answered, so the least we can do is get his name right.  RIP, brother.

After the Bengals took the lead more than one person in my group said something to the effect of “we need some Pancho power right about now!” Now I’m wondering how many of us asked him for help. RIP
93576197-2342-444-B-8-F32-A300-E2-E4-FD4

Edited by benderbender
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1