We need another weapon...

Hebert19

I think Brown is mostly playing like a #1 right now, but other guys need to step up, whether it be Zay or Foster. I would like to see Duke Williams up. But we are seeing a shift a bit to a more tight end heavy attack, and I do think Tyler Kroft will surprise some when he is finally back. Knox is the guy who we will see continue develop throughout the season. Knox has game breaking potential, which we all saw yesterday. 

If you look down the list of bad teams, I think one of Robby Anderson and Devante Parker are no brainers to try to acquire. Both are on terrible teams. I really wasn't for an Anderson acquisition earlier this year, but honestly he makes a ton of sense now. It appears that Gase is not a fan of his and that team is obviously in disarray. Even when Darnold was playing, he could not get the ball to Anderson. Robby was also a college teammate of Dion Dawkins if concerned about comfort level and character. Really outside of those two guys, I'm not sure what else could be out there that makes sense, and perhaps it is too early to tell right now. 

Another weapon & a 300 yard passing game would be really nice.....  31 300 yard games through week 3.  

48 total QB games have thrown for more yards then Buffalo's best game of 254.  

21, 17 & 28 points in the three games where the defense has played well.  

Again game management can only get you so far. 

Did I just read Ed Oliver has accomplished zero so far this year?

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Another weapon & a 300 yard passing game would be really nice.....  31 300 yard games through week 3.  

48 total QB games have thrown for more yards then Buffalo's best game of 254.  

21, 17 & 28 points in the three games where the defense has played well.  

Again game management can only get you so far. 

Yeah...game management is the type of game Allen plays.  LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

All signs point to Duke, but would be great to see McKenzie get more touches as well. They do need a better option than Yeldon, I'd take Marcus Murphy at this point.

Maybe, but they don't need to run the end-around 8 times a game.

Drove me absolutely nuts when they did it on 3rd and 1 and lost 3 yards.

What good is another weapon on this team? Sure go get Julio Jones, mean jack squat when josh is still learning to read the field. He’s not going to target a new weapon much more than the guys he has. They were killing it to start the game, brown was dominating and then poof.. it all disappeared. 

You can put as many weapons on this team as you want, if josh don’t see them there’s no point. This team goes as he goes, if he takes a step forward he already has plenty of weapons to run a deadly offense. 

11 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Bills should trade for AJ Green honestly. Give up a 4th or at most a 3rd. If he doesn't stay healthy when he comes back get rid of him. But could be a nice boom or bust candidate.

I know they are not the same teams, but I am telling you I have been on board with this for awhile and if he can just stay healthy for the rest of the year (moderate sized "if") THIS is like adding Lofton.

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sweeney needs to be more involved.

I think he would be good on slants, shielding defenders off from the ball, and would clear things out underneath for Beasley via rub plays or just because a LB or Safety would have to skate with him.

He is a playmaker and does the best with what he has.

This offense misses Singletary. Yeldon is not the answer.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So, @GunnerBill what's the deal with Ed Olvier?

I think he has played perfectly well. Excellent against the Jets, not so good last week, good first half yesterday, less good in the second and not on the field as much. I will need to look at the all22 to give a full view on yesterday but part of the reason Dalton struggled so much early is there was nowhere to step up in the pocket it was being pushed and he was having to deliver without being able to step into throws.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Now I'm not endorsing the bring in Duke William's like the other threads in here but we need some help.  

Knox is nice.  But he's not there yet. 

Beasley is great.  

Brown is great.  

Zay is well zay.  Not good enough.  

McKenzie is solid but a better runner than receiver.  

Gore and Singletary not scaring anyone.  

Feels like we need another even average weapon.  I thought it would be foster but he's invisible again...but I do feel like we will see more of him next week against the Pat's.  

Thoughts.  What/who is out there?  

If the schedule goes the way I am anticipating this team could be 7 and 2 thru 10 weeks.  If so...we need to make a move.

Allen just needs to start anticipating his throws. The receivers are getting open. Watching some of his runs from the endzone view and him missing easy TDs or big gains is getting frustrating. If he can clean that up we don’t need any more weapons. He will make everyone better