We need another weapon...

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

Would argue that we need more help on the line right now than we do at skilled positions. 

But completely agree that Beane should consider a trade of some sort to beef up this team as we start to play some actual football teams.  

those injuries didn't help today and the line was porous before that. Never have felt Dawkins was meant for tackle and same for Ford. Still early this years so who knows were we will draft but if a top tackle is available we should snap them up or FA.

If not the first then the second, no more guard to tackle projects.

over 400 yards of offense today.    i didn't get the sense that our guys weren't getting open.

Gore over 5 yards per carry, Singletary a rising star at RB.

All we need is the Oline to improve.   Ford isn't ready to start yet.   

Josh did not have much of a pocket at all today, multiple jailbreaks with less than 2 seconds to read and throw.   If I were gonna add a weapon it would be a true RT

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

We had one but they cut Shady.

I agree a big body WR would be a nice add. 

But, I would favor a two TE, single back, two WR formation when Kroft gets healthy.  A combination of Knox, Kroft, Brown, and Beasley will be very difficult to defend. Both of the TEs could split out into a 3 wide formation or both could be on the LOS to run.

All that said, the real need is a pass rusher. Murphy is still terrible. Lawson will never be a pass rusher. Oliver has not generated much push.  He will take a long time to develop. They should trade for Vonn Miller. 

Murphy is a veteran disappointment and Oliver doesn't impress me at all.  He gets tied up with the opponents OL way too much and accomplishes zero.

Emmanuel Sanders is a guy who I can see being available and a really nice fit.... don't think the cost would be astronomical either. I also agree with the people saying tackle, tho I'm not sure anyone that's a definite upgrade would be worth the cost to do so, not interested at all in trading a first rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Bills should trade for AJ Green honestly. Give up a 4th or at most a 3rd. If he doesn't stay healthy when he comes back get rid of him. But could be a nice boom or bust candidate.

The one guy who might be available, and I would be all-in on getting him, if the price was not ridiculous.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, SECRET SQUIRREL said:

Emmanuel Sanders is a guy who I can see being available and a really nice fit.... don't think the cost would be astronomical either. I also agree with the people saying tackle, tho I'm not sure anyone that's a definite upgrade would be worth the cost to do so, not interested at all in trading a first rounder.

I thought about this myself after watching his interview earlier tonight.  He is still a very good player.  I would prefer Green but you can probably get Sanders pretty cheap and he is hard to cover.  We would have a very nice stable if he were here.

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

On Zay Jones not being good enough, that pass in the Giants game should have been a TD, but the throw was off. We all saw a potential TD today not thrown where it should have been. Zay is fine. And good enough. I didn't say he's a #1,but that should have been 2 tds in 3 games and the catch in game 1 on the game winning td. Hey, if we can get a better option, great but he's not playing bad. 

If the Bengals continue to lose they may be interested in trading WR AJ Green,  perhaps they could get him for a 4th or 3rd pick.  

• Like (+1) 1

Zay is the weak link in 2019. Last year, he was the strength on the Sunday Beer League No Talent- the Bills had. Hopefully, he gets better until the Draft next year. He must know his days are numbered, so he’d better perform.

I’m on Board for trading for established stars on a folding team, with the exception of the Cancer - Antonio Clown, who is simply, “not right in the head”!