We need another weapon...

Hebert19

9 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

We need to replace Zay Jones with what KB was supposed to be -- a guy that's always open. Unfortunately, KB was closed.

On Zay Jones not being good enough, that pass in the Giants game should have been a TD, but the throw was off. We all saw a potential TD today not thrown where it should have been. Zay is fine. And good enough. I didn't say he's a #1,but that should have been 2 tds in 3 games and the catch in game 1 on the game winning td. Hey, if we can get a better option, great but he's not playing bad. 

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

We need to replace Zay Jones with what KB was supposed to be -- a guy that's always open. Unfortunately, KB was closed.

Zay made a clutch catch and once again Robert Foster completely disappeared, but I guess it's fun to keep picking on Zay or something. Foster is the weak link, let's see what Duke can do.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Zay made a clutch catch and once again Robert Foster completely disappeared, but I guess it's fun to keep picking on Zay or something. Foster is the weak link, let's see what Duke can do.

His run blocking is pretty good so far too.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope that Foster is largely invisible so far due to lingering injury (toe from the summer) rather than being in the doghouse for some reason. One of the most absurd takes from preseason was the idea that Foster was on the bubble. He was truly remarkable after being cut and played at the level of a top 20 receiver, of a true difference-maker.

There could be more going on behind the scenes than we know as fans, but I’m skeptical that concerns over conditioning, work ethic etc. post his first offseason on an NFL salary (sadly common for players to put in minimal effort and uninspired play after getting their first contract or a huge pay bump on the second) would be concerning enough to be out of the plans. 

Brown was was a great signing and largely fits the same role as Foster, which is certainly a large factor in his reduced snaps and targets. But the Chiefs have made a living off of daring opponents to pick their poison against 4 quality burners, with Kelce serving as a physical mismatch threat and ability on contested balls. If Foster is prepared and healthy, would love to see him on the field over Zay more. Sending him and Brown deep with Beasley and the impressive rookie TEs underneath, + Singletary’s dual threat ability, should make for a legitimately difficult offense to plan against as Josh keeps up his rapid development. While the pass blocking has a lot of room for improvement, especially against blitzes and stacked weak side speed rushes, Josh needs to really work on working through his progressions and getting rid of the ball faster if there’s no play. When he starts locking in on Beasley in the face of heavy pressure or to get back into a rhythm, opposing defenses easily capitalize by swarming Beasley and daring Josh to throw downfield quickly. He does a great job of executing a diverse and unpredictable gameplan when he feels comfortable, but has to feel confident enough with downfield shots after a bad play or stalled series. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He's 31, hasn't stayed healthy and an expiring contract at the end of this year.... and they suck. 

If he hasn't stayed healthy, and he's 31, then what is the appeal?  Why build a roster of an infirmary squad?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He plays defense but the one guy that hasn't been mentioned around here, probably because he is suspended right now is Patrick Peterson.  How would our defense look with him?

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

People absolutely kill me. 

We still haven’t had Kroft out there yet. He and Knox will likely be Dabolls version of Gronk and Hernandez when they get on the field at the same time. 

Uh, no.  On another thread, I read someone arguing the subtlety of what a best case scenario is.  THIS is the epitome of that.

Kroft is not nearly the receiver Hernandez was let alone Gronk.  I hope Knox develops, but hoping he can become Gronk is overly optimistic.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If he hasn't stayed healthy, and he's 31, then what is the appeal?  Why build a roster of an infirmary squad?

Because we are really not that far from being a legit contender. This team has a lot of flaws, but if Allen keeps improving his decision making and protecting the ball, this team could be good enough to win a playoff game or two as early as this year. Barely beating bad teams highlights the flaws in ball security, pass blocking, QB decision making/reaction time and “time wasting” mentality to protect narrow leads.

The QB and team have clearly shown progress over Josh’s 13 starts in shoring up flaws, and has competitors with playmaking ability behind an offensive line that is middle of the road (easily bottom 5 in 2017 and 2018). Benjamin , Clay, and a greener Zay Jones (who is disappointing, but has gone from a massive liability to the type of guy good teams are fine with as a 4th or so option). Brown has always been underrated and is a good route runner who can burn people; the TEs are promising; Beasley is always open. Adding a big target with good hands and speed who is a flexible downfield and medium yardage threat would make this offense more unpredictable than just having Brown our wide and Beasley just past the box. 

1 minute ago, familykwi said:

Uh, no.  On another thread, I read someone arguing the subtlety of what a best case scenario is.  THIS is the epitome of that.

Kroft is not nearly the receiver Hernandez was let alone Gronk.  I hope Knox develops, but hoping he can become Gronk is overly optimistic.

I think you are being overly anal about people talking on a message board. 

I never said either of these guys would be as good as a HOF TE and a very good gang member murderer. I simply said they will be Dabolls version of them on this team. He will likely use multiples TE sets more when Kroft comes back. It will likely open some things up a bit more. 

Just stop being so critical about people talking on a message board. 

The offense isnt done yet......we have had 2 VERY good drafts and enter into next year with another group of draft picks and a ton of cap space.......

TE set

Need another RB

Need another OT

Need a WR go go along with Brown and Beasely

BUT.....we are 3 and 0.....and good enough to make the playoffs this year

The future is bright

We had one but they cut Shady.

I agree a big body WR would be a nice add. 

But, I would favor a two TE, single back, two WR formation when Kroft gets healthy.  A combination of Knox, Kroft, Brown, and Beasley will be very difficult to defend. Both of the TEs could split out into a 3 wide formation or both could be on the LOS to run.

All that said, the real need is a pass rusher. Murphy is still terrible. Lawson will never be a pass rusher. Oliver has not generated much push.  He will take a long time to develop. They should trade for Vonn Miller.