We need another weapon...

Hebert19

Now I'm not endorsing the bring in Duke William's like the other threads in here but we need some help.  

Knox is nice.  But he's not there yet. 

Beasley is great.  

Brown is great.  

Zay is well zay.  Not good enough.  

McKenzie is solid but a better runner than receiver.  

Gore and Singletary not scaring anyone.  

Feels like we need another even average weapon.  I thought it would be foster but he's invisible again...but I do feel like we will see more of him next week against the Pat's.  

Thoughts.  What/who is out there?  

If the schedule goes the way I am anticipating this team could be 7 and 2 thru 10 weeks.  If so...we need to make a move.

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Now I'm not endorsing the bring in Duke William's like the other threads in here but we need some help.  

Knox is nice.  But he's not there yet. 

Beasley is great.  

Brown is great.  

Zay is well zay.  Not good enough.  

McKenzie is solid but a better runner than receiver.  

Gore and Singletary not scaring anyone.  

Feels like we need another even average weapon.  I thought it would be foster but he's invisible again...but I do feel like we will see more of him next week against the Pat's.  

Thoughts.  What/who is out there?  

If the schedule goes the way I am anticipating this team could be 7 and 2 thru 10 weeks.  If so...we need to make a move.

We have one in Foster...dude has not been utilized hardly at all this year hard to be visible when you aren't on the field and when you are are the 4th or 5th read on the play...he was electric late last season...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d give Tampa Bay almost whatever they want in terms of draft picks if they ever decided to rebuild and put Mike Evans on the market. 

I don't know if I were going to give away the farm, think I may prefer goign for the OT from Washington, or someone similar and maybe only need to sell the north 40.

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We have one in Foster...dude has not been utilized hardly at all this year hard to be visible when you aren't on the field and when you are are the 4th or 5th read on the play...he was electric late last season...

I agree and I love foster but perhaps he is too similar to Beasley and brown...or doesn't run crisp enough patterns.  I mean he was clearly better than zay last year and yet here we are with zay as number 3 again. 

15 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Would argue that we need more help on the line right now than we do at skilled positions. 

But completely agree that Beane should consider a trade of some sort to beef up this team as we start to play some actual football teams.  

OL needs time to gel.  There is some talent there.  

I think Gore/Singletary has a chance to be a very good duo, but of course.. small sample size. 

I like our TE’s.  Knox looks like the real deal.  Sweeney is serviceable.  Would really like to see what Kroft brings to the table.  

WR is the spot to address.  We’re a true #1 away from having a high level complete offense.   The Rams do it with a bunch of really good 2’s but we need Zay or Foster to step up to run that attack.  

FWIW, Zay has flashed potential this year.  He can’t throw himself the ball though. 

Edited by SCBills

People absolutely kill me. 

Knox isn’t there yet? No crap Sherlock. He’s a rookie in his 3rd game. But just had a coming out party today. With a TD and some angry runs that are going to make the league take Notice starting tomorrow morning. 

Singletary has had 2 solid games as a rookie and if he was in there today would have done even more. Hell, even Yeldon had 50 yards combined today and he sucks. 

Nobody said McKenzie was ever going to be special. He’s our freaking 6th WR on the roster. What do you expect? But for a 6th WR, a position on most teams that don’t make any difference at all, McKenzie has made a decent season of himself so far. It doesn’t matter if he’s running the ball, catching it, throwing passes, kicking FGs, or anything else. He’s the 6th WR and he’s contributing. 

Zay Jones????!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are we really going to keep going with this incredibly stupid argument? The same Jones that averages over 16 yards a catch today? The same Jones that had a 50 yard TD etched in stone it Allen can actually throw an accurate pass to him? If Allen plants his feet on that throw and hits him in the end zone, that same Zay Jones would have had over 80 yards and a TD today. But keep piling on him like the other haters because they don’t like him. 

We still haven’t had Kroft out there yet. He and Knox will likely be Dabolls version of Gronk and Hernandez when they get on the field at the same time. 

The talent on this team is just fine. What it needs is a solid 4 quarters without hitting a few duds. Without being a little flat. Without a few costly and stupid turnovers. It’s 8+ new starters on offense, depending on who’s out there on a specific play. They will get there but just stop with the jokes. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3