Jump to content
Hebert19

We need another weapon...

Recommended Posts

Now I'm not endorsing the bring in Duke William's like the other threads in here but we need some help.  

 

Knox is nice.  But he's not there yet. 

Beasley is great.  

Brown is great.  

Zay is well zay.  Not good enough.  

McKenzie is solid but a better runner than receiver.  

Gore and Singletary not scaring anyone.  

 

Feels like we need another even average weapon.  I thought it would be foster but he's invisible again...but I do feel like we will see more of him next week against the Pat's.  

 

Thoughts.  What/who is out there?  

 

If the schedule goes the way I am anticipating this team could be 7 and 2 thru 10 weeks.  If so...we need to make a move.

  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singletary has yet to hit his stride, I'm hoping the plan is to keep him fresh for the second half of the season

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d give Tampa Bay almost whatever they want in terms of draft picks if they ever decided to rebuild and put Mike Evans on the market. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

image.png.0015546514731549ac34c15937aae249.png

 

This guy is available.  Get 'r done, Beane

 

Haha— you beat me to this (though I was going to say “git r done, buddy.”)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree.  We need a true #1 receiver who can take a 10 yard cross and turn it into a 75 yard TD. 

 

Next years draft is LOADED at WR. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Now I'm not endorsing the bring in Duke William's like the other threads in here but we need some help.  

 

Knox is nice.  But he's not there yet. 

Beasley is great.  

Brown is great.  

Zay is well zay.  Not good enough.  

McKenzie is solid but a better runner than receiver.  

Gore and Singletary not scaring anyone.  

 

Feels like we need another even average weapon.  I thought it would be foster but he's invisible again...but I do feel like we will see more of him next week against the Pat's.  

 

Thoughts.  What/who is out there?  

 

If the schedule goes the way I am anticipating this team could be 7 and 2 thru 10 weeks.  If so...we need to make a move.

We have one in Foster...dude has not been utilized hardly at all this year hard to be visible when you aren't on the field and when you are are the 4th or 5th read on the play...he was electric late last season...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed an elite  no 1 takes us to another level but man looks like where going to be pretty good this year and there are 4 truly great wr talents that we may have trade up to get 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's never a bad idea to add talent but, I think it's too early to tell. Except for Josh, Dion and Zay, everyone else is new to this team. I'm willing to give them more than 3 games to gel.  

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would argue that we need more help on the line right now than we do at skilled positions. 

 

But completely agree that Beane should consider a trade of some sort to beef up this team as we start to play some actual football teams.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills should trade for AJ Green honestly. Give up a 4th or at most a 3rd. If he doesn't stay healthy when he comes back get rid of him. But could be a nice boom or bust candidate.

  • Like (+1) 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Agree.  We need a true #1 receiver who can take a 10 yard cross and turn it into a 75 yard TD. 

 

Next years draft is LOADED at WR. 

Brown can 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d give Tampa Bay almost whatever they want in terms of draft picks if they ever decided to rebuild and put Mike Evans on the market. 

 

I don't know if I were going to give away the farm, think I may prefer goign for the OT from Washington, or someone similar and maybe only need to sell the north 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to replace Zay Jones with what KB was supposed to be -- a guy that's always open. Unfortunately, KB was closed.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We have one in Foster...dude has not been utilized hardly at all this year hard to be visible when you aren't on the field and when you are are the 4th or 5th read on the play...he was electric late last season...

I agree and I love foster but perhaps he is too similar to Beasley and brown...or doesn't run crisp enough patterns.  I mean he was clearly better than zay last year and yet here we are with zay as number 3 again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Would argue that we need more help on the line right now than we do at skilled positions. 

 

But completely agree that Beane should consider a trade of some sort to beef up this team as we start to play some actual football teams.  

 

OL needs time to gel.  There is some talent there.  

 

I think Gore/Singletary has a chance to be a very good duo, but of course.. small sample size. 

 

I like our TE’s.  Knox looks like the real deal.  Sweeney is serviceable.  Would really like to see what Kroft brings to the table.  

 

WR is the spot to address.  We’re a true #1 away from having a high level complete offense.   The Rams do it with a bunch of really good 2’s but we need Zay or Foster to step up to run that attack.  

 

FWIW, Zay has flashed potential this year.  He can’t throw himself the ball though. 

 

 

Edited by SCBills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People absolutely kill me. 

 

Knox isn’t there yet? No crap Sherlock. He’s a rookie in his 3rd game. But just had a coming out party today. With a TD and some angry runs that are going to make the league take Notice starting tomorrow morning. 

 

Singletary has had 2 solid games as a rookie and if he was in there today would have done even more. Hell, even Yeldon had 50 yards combined today and he sucks. 

 

Nobody said McKenzie was ever going to be special. He’s our freaking 6th WR on the roster. What do you expect? But for a 6th WR, a position on most teams that don’t make any difference at all, McKenzie has made a decent season of himself so far. It doesn’t matter if he’s running the ball, catching it, throwing passes, kicking FGs, or anything else. He’s the 6th WR and he’s contributing. 

 

Zay Jones????!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are we really going to keep going with this incredibly stupid argument? The same Jones that averages over 16 yards a catch today? The same Jones that had a 50 yard TD etched in stone it Allen can actually throw an accurate pass to him? If Allen plants his feet on that throw and hits him in the end zone, that same Zay Jones would have had over 80 yards and a TD today. But keep piling on him like the other haters because they don’t like him. 

 

We still haven’t had Kroft out there yet. He and Knox will likely be Dabolls version of Gronk and Hernandez when they get on the field at the same time. 

 

The talent on this team is just fine. What it needs is a solid 4 quarters without hitting a few duds. Without being a little flat. Without a few costly and stupid turnovers. It’s 8+ new starters on offense, depending on who’s out there on a specific play. They will get there but just stop with the jokes. 

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d give Tampa Bay almost whatever they want in terms of draft picks if they ever decided to rebuild and put Mike Evans on the market. 

 

In a heart beat. 1st and 3rd round picks. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All signs point to Duke, but would be great to see McKenzie get more touches as well. They do need a better option than Yeldon, I'd take Marcus Murphy at this point.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...