My knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction but I love you all bills fans

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Hi. I am going to admit it was me who posted that and I said it sarcastically, jokingly, and as I was smiling as white sealed the game with the int.  Sorry sometimes it’s hard to always get the right context reading a text, wouldn’t you agree? Maybe I should have put it in caps or highlighted it or put out a formal disclaimer.  Well , no , I shouldn’t.  I don’t owe you anything.  I have been a loyal fan for 40 years plus, attended two Sb (27 & 28) ,endured losing in almost every possible fashion after becoming a non stop Bills fan in 1963.  While I hate to see my Bills lose , believe me it has no effect on me past the last quarter of the game.  I’ve noticed if anyone says anything at all regarding poor play at times immediately there are some people here ready to jump to personal attacks and unfortunately people are very willing to be nothing short of mean at times. I was in the shout box and was personally attacked over just making a statement that imho if the bills keep turning the ball over and the o keeps stalling , we will probably have a difficult time beating the  patriots. I think history supports this fact and until the Bills best the pats a few times, logical thinking makes me take a wait and see response to the current success.  Doesn’t mean I don’t love the wins, I do. But I am also not just blindly with my head in the clouds walking around thinking we are on the same competitive level with  the pats yet. Hey, it’s my opinion, and I’m entitled to it.  Why do I have my “ loyalty” questioned when we have two decades of frustration after all the success of the 4 SB era?  Quit taking yourselves so seriously , it’s a game for entertainment and that’s all it is. I have been a practicing physician in Jax for over 30 years and my whole life has been based on helping people and I am a totally nonviolent person. If you took the time to know me as a person you would know I would never want a person to be hurt or get hit over a silly game. I was making a light hearted joke at the time because For ME , football is just a small interest in my life that has no real life day to day ramifications. I deal with real life illness , people going thru unimaginable suffering and loss, being with families as they lose loved ones from terrible REAL LIFE situations like cancer, infectious disease, and all the myriad of human conditions that we will all eventually experience. Please know Bills football is a distraction; it’s not a thing vital to you having a good quality life, won’t make you a good human who is loving to your family or community, won’t make you a good son , or parent, and your fandom will probably not be how your life is ultimately viewed as your higher purpose as a human being. Trust me in this as I have been with many people on their death beds and football has not one time ever come up as we talked about what a dying patient wished to be remembered for or what they found was important to their existence. 

Please remember, THIS IS  A GAME,  played by highly skilled athletes who participate voluntarily and know they are in a contact violent sport where it’s a given they won’t make it out without being hit at some point, but they know they are being rewarded handsomely for the risks they take. It’s like being in medicine. You are exposed to life threatening illness by body fluid exposure, and you make many sacrifices to EARN the honor of people entrusting their lives with your care. I spent my 21st birthday studying  in a cadaver lab in July while most of my non-physician friends went out partying and drinking themselves silly as they became “ legal”.  Good for them , but good for me too because I chose to make that sacrifice to have the honor of entering a very select field and 35 years later I couldn’t be happier having seen how kind and gracious people are in real life, facing real life and end life situations. Believe me, Bills football is not going to offer you salvation my friend.  Take it and the discussions about everything associated with it as it is intended to be: a light hearted hobby with no real life consequences for you because in reality that’s all it is. 

I appreciate you didn’t name me outright and I only chose to reply because I don’t need your validation for anything to be happy in my life. I am replying as a public service because I am slightly saddened to see this amazing forum become a place where posters are personally attacked if they offer any opinion that is deemed inappropriate for a “ true” fan to have. I have seen whole threads being critical about people who have offered  any well thought out criticism over the quality of the Bills play in these somewhat fortunate wins. Let’s not forget they have been behind in all three games. I don’t think the pats have trailed yet this year have they ? So while a win is a win, I imagine we all know there is more involved around how that end goal was reached.   It just means despite the wins there is obvious room for improvement and I think the coaches and players are the first to be self critical about these past three games.  To think otherwise is delusional. So if one is critical of some of their play , does that mean that person  is not a fan or not as good or worthy a fan as YOU or someone who only is focused on the w or l involved?  That’s a pretty superficial way of Looking at a hobby that has many different strategies and a plethora of ways to evaluate performance. My point is before calling out other posters or opinions or questioning their “ Loyalty “ , take a step back and ask why does your viewpoint have any higher intrinsic value. The fact is, it doesn’t. Have an open mind. Demonstrate some maturity and don’t strike out so impulsively.  Be kind to other posters. Allow them the respect you would want as you post you non factual “ opinion”.  If you don’t know a poster personally, perhaps have some pause before launching personal attacks or questioning their motives or judging their fandom.  Be responsible for what you post and stop jumping to value based conclusions that are really no more than your own biased opinions about a hobby that is meant as a distraction in life and not something to determine the actual quality of your life. Be sure you are not revealing more inadequacies or superficialities about your own insights and values as you are calling out others for their supposed lack of loyalty or placing your misguided interpretations on things written in a forum where it’s impossible to know the context accurately. Is it that hard to just be nice to people, especially those already on a forum for those with a basic commonality, the Bills?  Thanks and I wish you a happy week. Go Bills. 

310bnBrS4cL.jpgCanoe-Accessories.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Please remember, THIS IS  A GAME,  played by highly skilled athletes who participate voluntarily ....

Out of that entire wall of text, this is what I took away.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Especially when they're taking ant-depressants and drinking heavily! 

Don’t forget bad avocado dip factoring into that...

4 minutes ago, transient said:

Sorry, but if you really, REALLY want me to read something like that you’re going to have to write it in ALLCAPS. 

Don’t forget BOLD, ITALICS, and UNDERLINED.

• Thank you (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not going to name the poster because that would be wrong....but basically saying that Josh "Deserved to take hits because of some bad throws"

I just really want to say can ppl just think a minute before knee jerk reactions?   I am not trying to censor and dont even have the ability to censor I would just ask you to think about what you are saying...

I think we ALL would like this team to win....whether you love certain players hate certain players or whatever.....but this team is not going to go any further then Josh Allen takes them......he IS the most important player on the field.....unless Josh stays healthy and continues to improve his game we have NO SHOT at playing in a super bowl.

Josh Allen taking hits is BAD and not funny

He is going to make bad throws at times.....ALL of the QBs do

He has actually put this team on his back so far this season.....TWICE to win games this year

So much stupidity on this board at times. Some ppl do not stop and think at all before starting a thread. Drives me bonkers.

Agreed with the OP.

As for the Wall o' text of excuses.... that just screams of someone annoyed by what they see as entitled people playing a game for money. I hope you don't believe in Karma, otherwise it might be best if you stayed home this week....and away from stairs....