Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

Marcel Louis-JacquesESPN 

Quick facts leading up to Week 4:

The 3-0 Bills will host the 3-0 Patriots next week in what should be one of the most raucous 1pm games in recent memory.

An undefeated Bills team hasn't faced a team 3-0 or better since 1992, when they lost to Dan Marino and the Dolphins.

The 2-0 Bills did play the 2-0 Patriots in 2011, when Buffalo came back from a 21-0 deficit and won on a last-second field goal -- forcing Tom Brady to throw a career-high 4 interceptions in the process.

Since 1990, 73.8% of teams that started a season 3-0 made the playoffs, per ESPN Stats & Info

2 occasions The Bills have been part of the 26.2%

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

39 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I am getting older and slightly more mature, and for a long time I've been saying that I'm not going to let NE get under my skin.

The constant, unrelenting cheating, the smugness, the calls that only Brady seems to get, I'm going to let all of it go and...

...oh eff these guys. I can't stand them. Aside from the cheating and coddling, the fans are brutal. 99% of them have no clue that the NFL existed prior to 2000. But ask them, and they're all "die hards" that have followed the team since 1776. Never mind that they had less than 20,000 people in attendance at games and almost got relocated to Hartford back in the early 90s.

They're the only team that could sign Antonio Brown and actually not become less likeable. They knew that he was a jackass when they tampered with and signed him, and now they're going to act all high and mighty because it got so bad that they had virtually no choice but to cut him.

They're a-holes. All of them. Go Bills.

PS--Rodney Harrison definitely sold steroids to Tom Brady.

Did you see this? He’s disgusting. Apparently if you’re successful you get a pass on being accountable for anything you do and also being decent to people. 

• Like (+1) 1

....deja vu?...........stay tuned........

By: Kyle Silagyi | September 7, 2017 11:06 am ET

On this day in 2003, fans of the Buffalo Bills thought their team was going to the Super Bowl.

Today is the 14-year anniversary of the Bills’ 31-0 win over the New England Patriots in their 2003 season opener.

Playing against his former team, quarterback Drew Bledsoe led the way for Buffalo, completing 17 of 28 passes for 230 yards and a touchdown. Running back Travis Henry was also solid, rushing for 82 yards and two touchdowns. Eric Moulds caught four passes for 81 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

If Edleman is out with his rib injury, I think the Bills have a decent chance. 

I trust our run Defense and I trust Tre White on Gordon

If Josh can have a good game, I think  we have a chance 

The pass rush has to dial up the pressure on Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Marcel Louis-JacquesESPN 

Quick facts leading up to Week 4:

The 3-0 Bills will host the 3-0 Patriots next week in what should be one of the most raucous 1pm games in recent memory.

An undefeated Bills team hasn't faced a team 3-0 or better since 1992, when they lost to Dan Marino and the Dolphins.

The 2-0 Bills did play the 2-0 Patriots in 2011, when Buffalo came back from a 21-0 deficit and won on a last-second field goal -- forcing Tom Brady to throw a career-high 4 interceptions in the process.

Since 1990, 73.8% of teams that started a season 3-0 made the playoffs, per ESPN Stats & Info

2 occasions The Bills have been part of the 26.2%

The problem with that statistic is that it ignores the fact that we play in the same division as New England.  Of those 73.8% of 3-0 teams, a bunch of them go on to win their division -- that avenue is essentially closed to us.  Our only realistic route to the playoffs is to sneak in as one of the two wild cards, which leaves very little margin for error.  So while a generic 3-0 team might make the playoffs 73.8% of the time, our chances of making the playoffs are significantly lower than that until we're able to compete for a division title.  And unfortunately, that's a year away IMO.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did you see this? He’s disgusting. Apparently if you’re successful you get a pass on being accountable for anything you do and also being decent to people. 

Well that's Belichick for you.

Anytime anything isn't 100% perfect he goes into shutdown mode and simply can't deal with people in any decent manner.

I feel like there's a term for that...ah yes, sociopath. That's the one.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually don’t have a problem with Belichick’s responses here. He obviously is not going to answer any questions about Antonio Brown, why did she even bother. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The Jets scored 14 points against them with a third string QB.

I don’t expect a win but it is possible for the first time in A LONG time?

Keep in mind the Jets scored a TD on a pick six off the Pats* backup, and the other was a muffed punt recovered by the Jets for a TD.

Their QB was responsible for exactly ZERO of those points.

Edited by CLTbills

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I am getting older and slightly more mature, and for a long time I've been saying that I'm not going to let NE get under my skin.

The constant, unrelenting cheating, the smugness, the calls that only Brady seems to get, I'm going to let all of it go and...

...oh eff these guys. I can't stand them. Aside from the cheating and coddling, the fans are brutal. 99% of them have no clue that the NFL existed prior to 2000. But ask them, and they're all "die hards" that have followed the team since 1776. Never mind that they had less than 20,000 people in attendance at games and almost got relocated to Hartford back in the early 90s.

They're the only team that could sign Antonio Brown and actually not become less likeable. They knew that he was a jackass when they tampered with and signed him, and now they're going to act all high and mighty because it got so bad that they had virtually no choice but to cut him.

They're a-holes. All of them. Go Bills.

PS--Rodney Harrison definitely sold steroids to Tom Brady.

One of your better posts ever! I couldn't have said it better.

21 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The problem with that statistic is that it ignores the fact that we play in the same division as New England.  Of those 73.8% of 3-0 teams, a bunch of them go on to win their division -- that avenue is essentially closed to us.  Our only realistic route to the playoffs is to sneak in as one of the two wild cards, which leaves very little margin for error.  So while a generic 3-0 team might make the playoffs 73.8% of the time, our chances of making the playoffs are significantly lower than that until we're able to compete for a division title.  And unfortunately, that's a year away IMO.

Then there is but one solution!   Kick Tom Brady'sASS!!!  

Just now, Chris66 said:

Bills not going to talk about anyone not on the team

Seems he doesn't talk to or about anyone on the team as well!  

Accused Sexual offender (/Rapists,) murders and drug dealers (and drug users)

• Like (+1) 1

Please put together 4 quarters of good football. If the Bills do that they can win against anyone. Really. The talent is here, it’s young,  but it’s here. Scheming and execution will determine wins and losses. 

This team has the talent to play with the Pats for the first time since Brady has been there. The home opener in 2003 was a bit of an aberration. 

Time for McDermott and Frazier to put together a good D and adjust during the game as Belichick does. McDermott showed last year with the Charges game they are capable of mid game adjustments.

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Please put together 4 quarters of good football. If the Bills do that they can win against anyone. Really. The talent is here, it’s young,  but it’s here. Scheming and execution will determine wins and losses. 

This team has the talent to play with the Pats for the first time since Brady has been there. The home opener in 2003 was a bit of an aberration. 

Time for McDermott and Frazier to put together a good D and adjust during the game as Belichick does. McDermott showed last year with the Charges game they are capable of mid game adjustments.

If the Bills play their best game and the Pats play theirs. Pats win by 10 points

Pats offence is better than Bills defense and Pats defense is better than Bills offense.

The big differece is in game coaching. McDermott is not very good at adjustments.

Edited by Chris66