Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Does anyone else just feel less tension about this game? To me it feels like the Bills are playing with house money on this one. I know it is a home division game but sitting at 3-0 with a team that has depth and talent it feels like it isn't the end of the world to lose this game. It is more of a where does this team stand type game in my mind. How does Josh perform against what could be the leagues best defense. Just how good is the defense against one of the better more disciplined and effective offenses? 

It comes off more so as excitement rather than trepidation or a feeling of dreading what a loss would do for the prospects of the team. 

I’m shitting ? here!!!!

Expect the worst (typical) and hope for the best. 

I’d love nothing more than to see the Bills win

good, bad or ugly 

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Does anyone else just feel less tension about this game? To me it feels like the Bills are playing with house money on this one. I know it is a home division game but sitting at 3-0 with a team that has depth and talent it feels like it isn't the end of the world to lose this game. It is more of a where does this team stand type game in my mind. How does Josh perform against what could be the leagues best defense. Just how good is the defense against one of the better more disciplined and effective offenses? 

It comes off more so as excitement rather than trepidation or a feeling of dreading what a loss would do for the prospects of the team. 

I appreciate this perspective. Which is why I hope we come out loose and ready to just let it rip. Nobody expects us to win this game, there is no pressure, and we should play that way. And our coaches should coach that way. Just strap it up and punch them in the mouth. 

• Like (+1) 2

After a 6-10 season in 2018, the Bills have talked about being not just competitive in 2019, but being amongst the best.

While some have pointed out that this could be a house money game for the Bills, this is the greatest opportunity that they will get to prove what they have talked about...........:.:.:

being amongst the best.

13 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Okay, this means nothing, but...

I woke up this morning with the unshakable feeling that we are going to beat them...no clue why, because I really don't see how that happens.

For the record, the last time I can remember feeling like this before a NE****** game was back in September of 2011.

The way I see it happening is if Josh has no turnovers.

Both defenses are great and can generate turnovers essentially making it a wash.  However I think our offense might have more weapons than theirs. If we cut the costly mistakes I think we get the job done. 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Big time. Least stressed I've been about a game in awhile. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

You make a great point...I guess part of the perks about being 3-0 is that it has earned the fans the privilege of not having to be as stressed out compared to if the team was 2-1 or 1-2....we understand that the season isn’t riding on this game and that’s a good place to be

4 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Last night I dreamt of the Bills strip-sacking Brady and returning it for a TD. 

The gods and goddesses have willed it. 

The Bills' last 2 victories against Brady included pick-6's.

This one will too.

And no, I still can't explain this feeling of an impending victory that defies all logic.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The Bills' last 2 victories against Brady included pick-6's.

This one will too.

And no, I still can't explain this feeling of an impending victory that defies all logic.

The Pats D is so good, there would almost have to be a defensive score for the Bills to win imo 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The Pats D is so good, there would almost have to be a defensive score for the Bills to win imo 

More or less.

But the NFL is a weird, and sometimes teams just play well above expectations. 

Honestly I'm grasping at straws because I really don't understand why I feel so certain of victory. There's no way I'd pick the Bills this week.

I feel it coming.....it never fails.....all week long I am convinced we get trampled by the Pats...then, as we get closer to kick off........my Bills fandom takes over.....all the what if this happens....or that.....and it adds up to ....damn, we're going to win that game....I'm probably setting myself up for another disappointment, but I'm starting to Billieve !!!!!!This win would be MASSIVE for our young club......and the worse case scenario is we're 3-1 by Sunday evening....let's go out and kick their butts !.....Yeah New England....you've been sitting on the Iron Throne for 20 years.....time for a new King !!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2