Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

Michael Robinson
Writer | NFL.com
+ Follow On Twitter

Bills defense makes Tom Brady look human

By now, y'all know I'm a huge Bills backer in 2019. And there's no better time to hit on back-to-back bold predictions than this weekend, when the New England Patriots head to Buffalo. Sean McDermott's stifling defense forces Tom Brady to do two things he hasn't done this season: 1) throw a pick; 2) NOT throw a touchdown pass.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

Pretty bold. Do you think we can hold Brady without a TD pass? Last week Michael Robinson predicted that benching Eli and going with Daniel Jones would work out and that he would throw for 300 yards and lead New York to its first victory of the 2019 season (which came true).

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Michael Robinson
Writer | NFL.com
+ Follow On Twitter

Bills defense makes Tom Brady look human

By now, y'all know I'm a huge Bills backer in 2019. And there's no better time to hit on back-to-back bold predictions than this weekend, when the New England Patriots head to Buffalo. Sean McDermott's stifling defense forces Tom Brady to do two things he hasn't done this season: 1) throw a pick; 2) NOT throw a touchdown pass.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

Pretty bold. Do you think we can hold Brady without a TD pass? Last week Michael Robinson predicted that benching Eli and going with Daniel Jones would work out and that he would throw for 300 yards and lead New York to its first victory of the 2019 season (which came true).

Did Michael Robinson also predict Mahomes would win MVP last year?

51 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Bills quarterback Josh Allen turns into a different player when blitzed - Pats Pulpit • September 27, 2019

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/9/27/20886719/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-turns-into-a-different-player-when-blitzed-new-england-patriots

Josh Allen against the blitz

Blitz Snaps Pass attempts Completions Completion % Yards Touchdowns Interceptions Rating Sacks
No 81 68 49 72.1 561 2 1 100.2 2.0
Yes 40 35 17 48.6 189 1 2 50.8 3.0

Best news of the day.  He is the juice for the run game.  Gore is good between the tackles.  Outside the tackles Singletary looks very good.  Singletary would be a massive key to success.  I like the Bill's chances better by the day.  I like McDermotts approach, its week 4.  Just another game.  They played 2 of the worst offenses in modern history vs Miaim, and Faulks Jets.

35 minutes ago, Frez said:

Brady gets rid of the ball so fast does it even matter? 

he doesnt get rid of it lightning fast every play. there are plays where he has to go through reads and if he gets pressure he throws picks.  those are the plays we need to win this game

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did Michael Robinson also predict Mahomes would win MVP last year?

Last year he predicted that Mahomes would break out and that he would be MVP. He predicted that the Bills would win the AFC East this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Bills quarterback Josh Allen turns into a different player when blitzed - Pats Pulpit • September 27, 2019

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/9/27/20886719/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-turns-into-a-different-player-when-blitzed-new-england-patriots

Josh Allen against the blitz

Blitz Snaps Pass attempts Completions Completion % Yards Touchdowns Interceptions Rating Sacks
No 81 68 49 72.1 561 2 1 100.2 2.0
Yes 40 35 17 48.6 189 1 2 50.8 3.0

From 2018: https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-tom-brady-has-worst-passer-rating-against-blitz-in-nfl-this-season/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's exciting that this game is such a huge deal - but I also kind of wish it wasn't such a huge deal.

Pats fans always talk disdainfully about how playing their team is the other team's "Super Bowl" (they're just so bored w/ the regular season at this point).  Unfortunately, they're right. In a way, that's cool.   But it also does make me want this to just get back to being a good ol' standard divisional rivalry game.  Just another fun Sunday, and not something that has so much negative history behind it and feels so weighty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

It's exciting that this game is such a huge deal - but I also kind of wish it wasn't such a huge deal.

Pats fans always talk disdainfully about how playing their team is the other team's "Super Bowl" (they're just so bored w/ the regular season at this point).  Unfortunately, they're right. In a way, that's cool.   But it also does make me want this to just get back to being a good ol' standard divisional rivalry game.  Just another fun Sunday, and not something that has so much negative history behind it and feels so weighty.

Dan Patrick just said Bills/Pats is the most bet upon game this week. 

They also mentioned in the last 4 games vs Bills, Brady has 3 TD’s and 4 picks. We need to stop the run! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Dan Patrick just said Bills/Pats is the most bet upon game this week. 

They also mentioned in the last 4 games vs Bills, Brady has 3 TD’s and 4 picks. We need to stop the run! 

They actually haven’t been able to run well the 1st 3 weeks... 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if I remember correctly it was foster that beat Gilmore like a rented mule last year early up in NE and then lost a perfect bomb from allen in the sun.....

Gilmore can be had deep. its not some unattainable feat. 

You are correct I forgot about that

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are correct I forgot about that

right... so if foster(a less developed wr) can get one over on him i would think ole smoke may be able to pop that top, as db's need to respect his route running ability much more than foster.

it'll be interesting. 

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right... so if foster(a less developed wr) can get one over on him i would think ole smoke may be able to pop that top, as db's need to respect his route running ability much more than foster.

it'll be interesting. 

John Brown is the type of WR Gilmore used to struggle with when he was In Buffalo. The fast, smaller, slippery type. I don’t know if he still does.