Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hope we're done trying Ford at RT, at least for this week. We can't afford to keep experimenting. Keep Nsekhe there all game and keep Ford as the reserve guard in case Feliciano's neck starts acting up.

I think I read something like all of the Bills TDs have been scored with Nseckhe at RT

Fortunately our defense played them very well the 2nd game of last year. We were down 24 to 6 with only just over a minute to go before the offense finally scored a TD putting the finally score at Pats 24, Bills 12. 

We held Brady to 126 passing yards, 1 TD & 2 INT's but got pummeled on the ground, giving up 273 rushing yards & 2 TD's.

Still, holding the Pats to only 24 points gives us a shot to win as long as the offense can do ANYTHING before they inevitably come alive on the last drive.

They absolutely cannot keep sending the defense out there for long periods of time, especially after failing to get 1st downs repeatedly, or else they'll inevitably become exhausted. The one thing that tends to really get away from us in Pats games is the field position battle, and this year the offense has been really bad about leaving the defense to inherit really crummy field position.

That has to change, regardless of if our drives end in punts or not. If & when the defense holds the Pats to a 3 & out, the offense has to execute and pick up some first downs consistently before punting again. I'm hopeful we can at least eliminate some of the dumb mental mistakes and at least play respectably, but they have to come out laser focused, not just amped up & ready to hit someone (that just leads to penalties which will always go the Pats way).

Remember, whatever the result of this game is.................

we cannot get too high or too low, it's only week 4.

Just look at what happened to Jacksonville after they dominated the Patriots last year. They fell off the face of the earth.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Remember, whatever the result of this game is.................

we cannot get too high or too low, it's only week 4.

Just look at what happened to Jacksonville after they dominated the Patriots last year. They fell off the face of the earth.

Or the 3-0 Dolphins when they got crushed by the Pats.  (Just to complete your high OR low point.)

sitegif1.gif

A Little Better Each Week Helps Buffalo Bills a Lot

Letting a team they had beaten stick around is one way to stay humble. The Buffalo Bills created drama for the home opener, which was a superficially magnanimous gesture they could’ve skipped.

A bit too much cockiness led to a recalculation. Acting like they had already won nearly prevented that very outcome. But our favorite club still found a way to triumph. Now, let’s have a relaxing fourth quarter some time this season, shall we?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

At the heart of the Bills and their hopes for 2019 is second-year quarterback Josh Allen. While many, myself included, were skeptical of Allen’s potential ability to transition into an NFL passer, the young QB acquitted himself well as a rookie. His arm strength was certainly as advertised, but it was his athleticism and ability to create with his legs that translated to the professional ranks better than many imagined. But there was certainly one area that he needed to improve upon as he entered his second season: His mind. Allen needed to get much faster with his reads and decisions otherwise life in the NFL would remain difficult

With Age comes Wisdom

Reps should / will get him there. 

24 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Its gotta be pretty hard to get one of these in now days. From where im standing, theres only 1 way that comes to mind - and for that, the carrier deserves to get to throw it wherever he or she wants...

how is hard to get in? they arent metal, put it in your pocket and walk in through the metal detectors dude. 

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

how is hard to get in? they arent metal, put it in your pocket and walk in through the metal detectors dude. 

Seriously, we're talking about it being hard and I am the first one to point this out?

I actually jumped into this thread to see if this had been brought up.  Have to wonder who will be brave enough to bring a few in and throw them on the field.  I come to expect this on the field every Pats week...