Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Meh, we've seen it from the Pats. Back in 2014, the Cold Front was wrecking NE's OL in the first half, so they played the entire second half in max protect and we didn't get near Brady.

FWIW the Pats analyst on the Locked on Bills podcast today said not to expect the same max protect from NE that we saw from Cincy. Tbh I didn’t catch why but he made a point to bring it up 

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I count two misses by Josh of wide open receivers that would've been TDs.

For the record, the first one was on a drive that ended in a TD. The second ended in a FG.

I get what you're saying, but in this case the context sort of belies the case.

2 is multiple + Ill advised throws, turnovers, and penalties have all stalled drives and left points on the board

Those are facts for this team at this junction, these are the reasons for my view that we will struggle against the Patriot's.

By that I mean if I am betting money on this game with what I have seen I give the points and take the Pats.

Now from my heart I hope the Bills clean it up and have a game plan that gets the whole NFL talking 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I'm listening to Locked on Bills and Joe Marino has a beat writer from the Pats on.  He said he watched the film of the Bills and Bengals game and noticed the Bengals played a lot of max protect.  You won't see that from the Pats, they like to have as many passing options as possible.

So Hughes...you need to tear up Newhouse.  And the others....need to win your match ups.

Their guy said Jackie Hughes.

Smh-

Jerry gets no respect

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For those who think McCoy would've mattered.

Home game against Pats. Run 12/13 yds; Pass 6/82 yards

Away game:                          Run 6/9 yards  Pass 3/10 yards.

Gore is the better run option and Yeldon should be a good pass option.

I think Dawson Knox is on his way to becoming a big time TE, but I’d be lying if I said I don’t wish we could see double TE sets of Knox/Kroft over Knox/Sweeney.  

Singletary being, probably, out is a let down, but I look at it this way in the long term of this season... This is a make or break game for Yeldon.   He did some nice things against Cinci, but the fumble derailed his contributions.   I don’t see any way he stays on this team if he turns it over this week.  I think it’s his spot to show why he deserves a roster spot.  

Edited by SCBills

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is a gravy game for the Bills. No pressure. Play loose. Take it to them. 

I agree entirely. And I hope the coaches and players are taking it that way, too. I want them loose and ready to punch the Pats*** in the mouth. Too often we’ve come out over hyped and hyperventilating at game time only to get worn out by all that emotion. 

36 minutes ago, TPS said:

For those who think McCoy would've mattered.

Home game against Pats. Run 12/13 yds; Pass 6/82 yards

Away game:                          Run 6/9 yards  Pass 3/10 yards.

Gore is the better run option and Yeldon should be a good pass option.

Yeldon should never see the field in a Bills uniform again.  He was putrid.

51 minutes ago, Say When... said:

good calm response but it makes you think how much is true.  the skitsophrenic offensive play calling once we got a lead the last 2 weeks makes you think we've been planning for this game for a while. 

I sure do hope Daboll has been sandbagging and trying not to put too much on film...because his playcalling definitely gets dumb with 3rd quarter leads.

• Like (+1) 1