Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

17 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Your not going to confuse him. You might for on series but he will eventually figure the defense out and Im sorry its not the talent that is going lose this game for the bills. Its the coaching staff.

You put BB on the bills staff and they win by 10.

But somehow the Pats lost 5 games last year including games to Miami, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Tennessee. None of those teams made the playoffs. 

Im guessing Pats fans went into all those games being over confident too.

Just because the Pats are the best team in the league doesn’t mean they win every game.

Edited by MDH
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

But somehow the Pats lost 5 games last year including games to Miami, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Tennessee. None of those teams made the playoffs. 

Just because the Pats are the best team in the league doesn’t mean they win every game.

Well yeah, but for some people to expect us to hold them under 20 points and all the while score 20+ is just ridiculous. What history or data are these people using? 

?

Edited by MrSarcasm

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

And who knows if they’re the best team.

They have beaten no one.  Bills haven’t either, but no one is saying we’re the best.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL...The Rams held them to 13 and...................

They also hd Suh and Donald.

7 minutes ago, MDH said:

Just 75% of them

41 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

The last time we played the Patriots, Brady was 13/24 for 126 yards and 2 picks.  That was when our defense was playing very well.  

I think our defense has been playing conservative football the first 3 weeks (although there was one play in the Jets game when all hell broke loose and the QB was sacked within 2 seconds, late in the game.....looked like a jailbreak).  I don't think they've been giving Brady and company much to look at.  I think they will confuse him and he will struggle.

I also think our offense will get some points.  I think it will take 20 to win the game, and I think we will win.  

Confuse Brady? Can’t see it. Confuse others on his offense? That I can see, especially if Edelman doesn’t play.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Bill's will turn it over at least 2 times within there own territory-easy points. 

?

Maybe, but you have to think the message to JA this week is going to be focused on throwing it away, taking the sack when it's third down and you're going to be punting anyway, not throwing back over the middle late, not throwing it up for grabs with 3 defenders draped on him, etc. So...ball security. We can't let NE start in our territory or have an average drive start of their own 40.

Allen will need to improvise and make plays like he always does, but I also think he'll play smarter this week. There's no way he's not learning from those bonehead moves.  You can see his reactions on the sideline and how mad he is at himself. This has to (for the sake of a W) be the week he takes a step forward in "playing smart".

2 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Well yeah, but for some people to expect us to hold them under 20 points and all the while score 20+ is just ridiculous. What history or data are these people using? 

?

I don't know about scoring 20 but the Pats offense is decimated. Losses at OL, RB and WR. And the Bills will be the toughest defense Brady has seen this season by far. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

*Researching every Pats loss (31 of them) since 2010, and figuring out the blueprint to winning against NE.

* A game in the mid 40s ending in something like 24-20,23-21,26-20 etc.

* In all but a handful of the games they were held to under 100 yards rushing(with a high of only 124) and 3.5-3.75 yds/rush. In other words they haven't lost when rushing for 125 or more since 2010.

* you likely need to gain at least a 100 yards rush and likely closer to 125+ with above a 4.0 yds/avg

* hold them to around 250 passing or less and around 40 attempts to do so. 6.0/attempt. You need a pick and  a couple sacks as well.

*You don't need to out pass them yardage wise, so about 250 yds and closer to 30 attempts, but more efficiently than they do, like over 7 yards per attempt.

* You need to score more points than they do.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

NESN coverage of McDermott:

https://nesn.com/2019/09/bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-marvels-at-patriots-unbelievable-defense/

“It’s unbelievable,” McDermott told reporters Monday, per NYUp.com. “I don’t think I’ve ever been around that, ever heard of that to this point in the season. You know, I’m very early on my film process at this point, but what they’re doing and how they’re doing it — they’re playing really well with a bunch of good players. (The Patriots have) done some really, really cool things on defense.

At least tells me he has an understanding of what they're doing!  I've often wondered that with past regimes...  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Let's get back on track here...

I've been thinking more about how Daboll will attack NE's D. One clear weakness is in that their LBs and safeties aren't great in coverage. Between that and the way they like to match their CBs, I'm feeling more and more like this is a TE and RB based passing attack this week, with a few big-play shots mixed in to keep them honest.

I have a feeling that Daboll has been mixing in plays and formations in anticipation of this week.  I think the plan will be similar to the Jets game (hopefully without DiMarco splitting out wide) 

8 minutes ago, GG said:

I have a feeling that Daboll has been mixing in plays and formations in anticipation of this week.  I think the plan will be similar to the Jets game (hopefully without DiMarco splitting out wide) 

Splitting DiMarco out wide feels to me like a setup for a downfield TD later in the year.

But yes, I imagine Daboll has been all in on beating NE since the offseason. After all, Allen developing into a franchise QB and beating NE would make a practical guarantee that he gets a HC job for 2020.

• Like (+1) 2