Yep - 36 games & counting not throwing for 300 yards.....

Billsfan1972

30 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How is that possible, when the next nearest was 11 games I think?

3-0 vs. teams 1-8 and wins, but certainly nothing convincing.

Let those explain again that qb's & teams throwing for 300 means nothing and further explain how it is a meaningless stat.

Daniel Jones in his first game did it (as did Kyler Murray). 

This is embarrassing...... 

Can the Bills get the monkey off their back? 

He has the second longest streak of 200+ among QBs 

I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I’d like to see Josh get some 300 yard games under his belt, but if we’re winning, it doesn’t matter much.  

We, philosophically, want to be more balanced.  Some teams throw for 300+ but run for less than 100 yards.   We seem to throw for 250 and run for 150.  

Some of it is also on Allen..  He’s got to get dialed in on the deep throws.   Two massive overthrows on guaranteed 50 yard TD’s the past 2 weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You can throw for less than 300 yards per game and still finish with over 4,000 yards in a season.   That’s considered to be the upper standard for QB’s

I’ll say this though, we didn’t need to pass much in the second half of last weeks game against the Giants.   But these 3rd quarter stalls are the reason Allen hasn’t throw for over 300 in all three games 

Exactly.

Josh is on pace for a 4k season.

Jimbo's best year was 3844. He never had a 4k season and he's in Canton.

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Let those explain again that qb's & teams throwing for 300 means nothing and further explain how it is a meaningless stat.

Look, Eli was holding that team back for a LONG TIME now, so what Jones did today was expected (at least by me and Michael Irvin) because they had the talent to be successful. I'll take ANY win I can get because when you are passing for less than 300 and WINNING, then that means you can run the ball and play great defense. Period.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Its great to be 3-0 but to say his statlines arent concerning long term thats underselling ir a bit.  The 300 yard game thing also has to do with our skill players lack of YAC.

Like Josh a ton but lets be real he is on pace for 16tds and 16ints.  Thats concerning.  Eventually he needs to show what he showed in the Miami game last year.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Were you at the game?  At times the wind was insane.  It was swirling all over the place at times.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gotta learn how to crush weak opponents if you want to contend in the NFL

Have the 2019 Bills learned to do that?  

I saw a game today where players and coaching allowed an inferior opponent to come back into the game.  

Today's effort will beat teams like NYJ, NYG, and CIN.  It won't against the class of the NFL.  

3 games in and we're seeing some play-calling trends and bad mistakes.  The offense looks shaky at far too many critical moments.  

• Like (+1) 2