SNF: Rams at Browns

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t get, how you don’t get, why we dislike them?..  (not trying to be a jerk)

They have a QB constantly compared to ours.  

They have the biggest diva WR in the league.  

Their other WR ended the career of one of our players

They are a potential playoff contender. 

I haven’t heard much of a comp. between Baker and Josh. I think last season it was clear Baker was better, and this season is too early to tell. I personally liked Baker coming out and he was 1 on my list with Allen being 1b. His attitude can be annoying, and the media hype makes it more so, but I think on our team people would call him “blue collar” and “full of swag” etc. that being said, their WR’s do bother me, and I do get the playoff comp. angle. 

It’s just such a thing around here to hate them and it seems overdone. 

11 minutes ago, McBean said:

How can folks say Baker Mayfield is way better than Josh Allen?

Yeah, that Rams team & their awful defense should've been a breeze. Everyone knows Wade Philips runs a weak D.

How come Mayfield couldn't dominate a great D like Allen did with the Bengals?

Just now, BigDingus said:

Yeah, that Rams team & their awful defense should've been a breeze. Everyone knows Wade Philips runs a weak D.

He couldn't dominate the jets or Titans defense, either.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hummm.   What would Josh have done with that hole?     Any guesses...

That gap closes a lot faster while running those 10 yards than it looks in a snapshot of a play. Could he have still done it? Possibly. But it's definitely not close to an easy run by any means.

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The Rams were favored by 3.5. The Browns weren’t some giant underdog. They expected to win this game at home. The Browns had the 6th best odds to win the SB.  It’s a weird headline. 

11 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

And the Bills play the @Browns, @Steelers and @Titans. Those three games could be key to getting in as a wildcard playoff team...

Correct.  And absolutely a long way to go.  

But if you count the 2 dolphins games and week 17 home vs the Jets as wins....we need to find FOUR wins elsewhere to get to 10 and because these teams have 8-8 written all over them that should get us in regardless what happens in those games.  10-6 should be a wild card and I don't see more than 2 teams (not division winners) that can get there.  

Are any of those teams good enough to go better than 9-3 or 8-4 the rest of the way?  The Chargers maybe.   

But that's how big this start is.  Keep building keep getting better we're nowhere near as good as we can be yet.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He couldn't dominate the jets or Titans defense, either.

Yeah, putting up 325 yards, 1 TD & 1 INT is massively inferior to 254 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's and 2 fumbles.

And how many games have our opponents won? They're a combined 1-8, with the Giants being the only team to get a win this week after switching QB's.

Also, the Rams defense is ranked higher than ours. Would you say we have a strong defense? Do you really think the 3-0 Rams are an easier mark than the 0-3 Bengals?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah, putting up 325 yards, 1 TD & 1 INT is massively inferior to 254 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's and 2 fumbles.

And how many games have our opponents won? They're a combined 1-8, with the Giants being the only team to get a win this week after switching QB's.

Also, the Rams defense is ranked higher than ours. Would you say we have a strong defense? Do you really think the 3-0 Rams are an easier mark than the 0-3 Bengals?

Wins. That's the important thing. Wins.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

The Bills wold be scary good with a guy like Bob Woods...

Beane said they wanted to keep him but Woods wanted to go.

Rather have Kupp, who we could have had over Zay.

6 hours ago, Bevis said:

The Browns coach is kinda fat and disgusting.

but your avatar??

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This game is boring as hell

DEFENSE !!

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Why do so many on here hate the Browns?

because they have been horrible forever but the media jumped all over them as the next SB contender , while ignoring what McBeane are building here.

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

2 games or more lead on the Browns Steelers Jags Chargers and Titans just in case we have to "settle" for a Wild Card.   

#InTheHunt

i put us number three in the conference tied with Baltimore.

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

Baker sure does have a lot of commercials for someone who hasn't done much yet.

Kiss of death.

i hope Allen only does local commercials. All that extra stuff gets in the way of winning, dont see Brady doing them.

Mahomes is doing commercials too :devil:

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Judas Priest, I'm going to cut Allen a lot more slack in the future.  Goff tried to give the game away with a terrible INT and then Mayfield had FOUR shots from the 4 and went 0 - 4 with an INT.  That's 18 - 36 passes for 195 yards at home. 

IMO as a fan base we under appreciate Allen's good plays and overly obsess over his bad plays.  BOTH QB's tonight were anti-clutch IMO.  Bad mistakes at the end of the game and when it was on the line Mayfield couldn't get it done.

Allen is a gamer which is his best attribute, still needs work but he is young. Look how long it took for Kelly.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We need a Myles Garrett. They can keep their “offense” though I have no idea what they’re trying to do. No red zone plan. They always look confused. 

how about Young from O st??

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Found the faker fan.

You realize the bills opponents are 1-8 in part because of the bills, RIGHT?

We get it, faker fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Dominate?  He didn’t even look competent against them...

oh you didn’t watch the game, that’s why your post doesn’t make sense!  Got it

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I see you don't understand how it works here.

This is the thread where you piss on Mayfield because it makes you feel better about having Josh Allen as your quarterback.

Get it right.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We may need to steal some of the Browns defensive philosophy from this game and put 6-7 defenders at the line of scrimmage to pressure Brady and disguise coverage.

The Browns DC is Steve Wilkes who worked under McDermott in Carolina. They have similar defensive philosophies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1