2020 Bills: what would you like?

TroutDog

I am hoping that in the upcoming offseason that the FO takes care of two things:

1.  Tackles on O

2.  True penetrating DE’s/EDGE for the D

These two positions are currently holding us back, in my opinion.

On O, that is where the breakdowns are happening. On D, we are typically only using four to rush and, if that’s the case moving forward, we need a monster on at least one side (somewhere between Hanson and Bruce). 

Thoughts? 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 2

Tackle may be a need, but I think it’s too early to tell what we need on the OL as they’re all still adjusting to each other. 

Definitely want a game changing pass rusher on the edge. I would love to send a 3rd to Jacksonville for Yannick, but I doubt that happens. 

Aside from that, a big X receiver would be great as well.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

Just talked about this during the game.

I’d like the first pick to be one or the other with a possible trade to move up to get a good one.

A double digit sacking DE who is stout against the run would make a huge impact when coupled with Star and Oliver.

Not sold on Dawkins , JA was running for his life way too much.

• Like (+1) 2

Look at the offensive line. Several 1 year deals. Feliciano and Spain have been pretty good, and both should get extended if their play continues. That makes Beane's life easier on draft weekend.

The Bills should absolutely add a WR or two (good draft for WRs), DE, another mid round RB, and possibly a replacement for Zo.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, MDH said:

Yeah, they need better edge rushers. The Bengals gave one of the worst OLs in the league and the Bills couldn’t muster much of a pass rush unless they sent extra guys.

Agreed.  Hughes was nibbling a bit at the end on the bend/dip, but we really didn’t get much heat on dalton.  Credit to Frazier to sticking to the plan and rushing 4 on the last drive.  He was right one with that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

BETTER pass rush from either DE or DT.  DE who can put heat on a QB would be nice.   Bengals OL is awful, and we only had 2 sacks, and ZERO pressure when it mattered in the 4th.  

Additions to the OL.  

another WR and RB. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I am hoping that in the upcoming offseason that the FO takes care of two things:

1.  Tackles on O

2.  True penetrating DE’s/EDGE for the D

These two positions are currently holding us back, in my opinion.

On O, that is where the breakdowns are happening. On D, we are typically only using four to rush and, if that’s the case moving forward, we need a monster on at least one side (somewhere between Hanson and Bruce). 

Thoughts? 

Panthers to tank and trade us McCaffrey and Kuechly

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not sure about this one. I believe that if Josh has time that Brown is a true #1. 

Brown is a hell of a player, but we could certainly use a conventional "WR1" in the mold of a Hopkins or Evans. The Chiefs and Patriots are evidence that you can win with burners or Edelman types who run routes exceptionally well, but having someone more physical than Beasley or Jones who can run underneath routes and win contested balls would greatly expand what we can do. Josh trusts Beasley, who is a great asset to our 2nd-year QB, but we will see a number of fumbles or interceptions off of high velocity balls when defenses swarm the middle as they see Josh "check down" to his safety net. We have two burners in Brown and Foster and promising rookie tight ends, but a physically imposing presence in lieu of Jones would help Josh more than most QBs.

We will probably go BPA at OT/WR/DE/LB/RB, in that order.

Edited by ny33
  • Like (+1) 1