More evident than ever we need to get Duke up here

1 minute ago, boater said:

Now, Now. Poster dude can make off the cuff opinions, that's the mortar in The Stadium Wall after all.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Duke can do too.  His time will come-probably when someone tries to steal him from the practice squad.  However, I think Zay Jones is getting a bad rap and since none of us see what goes on in practice, I'll defer to the roster decisions the team makes.  

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Beasley is essentially the #2 although I agree with you. 

Beasley at the slot (Y) position is getting a lot of targets (10 today!) and doing his part.   But Zay at the traditional #2 / Z position is just not giving Allen enough reason to throw it his way more that 3 times a game...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Beasley at the slot (Y) position is getting a lot of targets (10 today!) and doing his part.   But Zay at the traditional #2 / Z position is just not giving Allen enough reason to throw it his way more that 3 times a game...

True. I don't think he should be playing. But when you have a solid slot receiver he can be the #1 or #2. You would never say Edelman is the #3 WR on the Pats I don't think. 

27 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

We have that speed guy we have our slot we need a big receiver that can go up and get the ball! Why is Zay out there? What does he bring to the table? I don’t see why our coaches are still putting Zay in there when Duke looked so good in pre season and still impressing on the practice squad. What do you think it will take to bring in the Duke?

Thank God you didnt add to last weeks Zay for Duke post. That would have ruined the day!

27 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Zay did come through today and I'm one of his biggest critics. But I couldn't help but wonder if Williams would have made that catch in the end zone on the bomb

Josh was throwing off balance on that and that was the reason for the over throw. No one could have caught it. 

That was on the line, in my opinion. 

I like what Duke can potentially bring to the 53, BUT, for those that matter, decision wise, they are not as enthusiastic as many here. Time will tell, Duke May very well not get off the PS this year.  The coaches I think are trying to groom him in a specific way, when Duke gets where they want him we will see him play.

Another bench Zay for Duke or Foster thread. Ugh. How many of these do we need? If you people would actually read the threads that you start, you might stop asking this question.

Suffice it to say, the coaches have a good reason for starting Zay at this point. I believe it to be that he has a much better command of a very complicated offense than Foster (2nd year UDFA who only ran a simplified version of the offense last year) and Duke (coming over from a different league entirely). Also, Zay is the best blocker of the three at the moment. You have to know who to block to get a good block. There may come a time where one or both of the two surpass Zay on the depth chart, but right now, according to the coaches, he is the best option for what the team wants to do. As I said in another post, playing wide receiver is about a lot more than just catching passes.

When I saw the overthrow (out of bounds) during the game to Zay in the endzone, I said to myself, I bet there will be posters on TBD that somehow blame Zay for not making that catch. Just let things play out. If Duke or Foster prove to be better options at some point, I have no doubt that the coaches will give them more playing time. This staff doesn't play favorites. They put their best guys out there. 

And Zay has not had a ton of targets, but most of the balls he has caught have been big third down pick ups at important times of the game. Plus he's blocking his tail off. He is bringing value to the team, whether you care to see it or not.

18 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

We have that speed guy we have our slot we need a big receiver that can go up and get the ball! Why is Zay out there? What does he bring to the table? I don’t see why our coaches are still putting Zay in there when Duke looked so good in pre season and still impressing on the practice squad. What do you think it will take to bring in the Duke?

Because if Allens pass is more accurate Zay has a big TD given he was wide open.

18 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Josh was throwing off balance on that and that was the reason for the over throw. No one could have caught it. 

That was on the line, in my opinion. 

Maybe if he was 10 foot tall with 10 foot arms.

18 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Zay is doing what is asked of him imo. He is a much more complete WR than Duke and can line up anywhere outside or the slot... 

And Dawson Knox/Tommy Sweeney have been a pleasent surprise and give you that element as a receiver. Still, if the injury bug hits , i like that we can call up a WR like Duke from the practice squad..