Tickets on your phone? Beware

Most fans are simply not aware that you can get hard copy tickets again the year. All we have heard is that all tickets are mobile and that is not the case. The Bills need to get this word out to give fans a choice.

Why is it that both the Steelers and the Redskins still have paper tickets as the main source of tickets and  are ignoring the league push for mobile.

2 hours ago, infernus said:

The tickets on Apple Wallet do not use a barcode, they are NFC (Near Field Communication) tickets. So even though the tickets would have a barcode on TicketMaster/OneBuffalo apps, they don't once you save them to wallet. But they do show the little radio icon on the lower right corner and say 'Hold Near Reader', meaning they can be scanned with NFC.  That's how you get into the gate. Seems like a lot of folks are getting thrown for a loop just because there isn't a barcode.

See.  I'm so stupid that I thought my NFC tickets were for the Redskins and Eagles games.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/22/2019 at 6:33 PM, 1ManRaid said:

Well I use the Ticketmaster app, but I guess you could just leave the browser up too.  It's even less hassle than having to waste ink printing stuff.

No it's not less hassle. I'm curious... how old are you?

40 minutes ago, Liberal Bob said:

Most fans are simply not aware that you can get hard copy tickets again the year. All we have heard is that all tickets are mobile and that is not the case. The Bills need to get this word out to give fans a choice.

Why is it that both the Steelers and the Redskins still have paper tickets as the main source of tickets and  are ignoring the league push for mobile.

There is nothing wrong with the league's "push for mobile". This has been how staples center games have been for a long time now. I've never seen an issue there. Fans need to get with the times.

2 hours ago, fridge said:

No it's not less hassle. I'm curious... how old are you?

There is nothing wrong with the league's "push for mobile". This has been how staples center games have been for a long time now. I've never seen an issue there. Fans need to get with the times.

What the hell would my age have anything to do with it?  It's literally tap a button in the same app you can use to buy the tickets, and done.  You already have your phone on you so how is it NOT less hassle than printing separate paper tickets and your printer won't print black and white because it is supposedly low on yellow ink, or the "smart" printer refuses to work because it detects a refilled cartridge. 

• Like (+1) 1

Age has nothing to do with this. I had zero, zilch internet access the gate. Nothing was mentioned on Ticketmaster about saving the tix in your virtual wallet (not sure that's even feasible with an Androud phone or not). Half the people in line were having this issue. They finally just let people in in my gate with no proof of ticket at all because it was a massive problem.