Tickets on your phone? Beware

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yep, we are gate 2 as well. @Augie was with me..5 minute walk to gate, 10 minutes from time in line to grabbing a towel. i mean even @CountryCletus got in with no issues, and as they say..if that country boy can figure this poop out, anybody can!!!

Yeah, but you had the cards, and I had a paper ticket thanks to @Heitz, so I didn’t struggle with that phone app crap that has given me and the on-site IT folks grief in the past. Delta has that stuff down. NEVER a problem. The NFL is far less reliable and convenient. Take THAT to your fan board! And maybe a bowl of wings, so it would be better received!  ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, row_33 said:

Gotta love the people that tell you they were fine so....

you are either a liar or a moron....

I'm kinda skeptical about the sneaking in part after already dealing with security. But I suppose it's POSSIBLE.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm kinda skeptical about the sneaking in part after already dealing with security. But I suppose it's POSSIBLE.

You just walk by when they're not looking. Twas scary how easy it was.  It was a tense and chaotic scene for them dealing with myself and the dozens of other people who apparently weren't smart enough to think of all of this before walking towards the stadium. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dbringer said:

They should have an express line for people who know how to add the mobile ticket to Apple Wallet or Google Play on their phone. Kind of like EZ Pass. 

I just am opening my mail from the last few days and have the Bills letter about these changes (very timely)...........So, the barcodes do rotate.  But, it says to put in your apple wallet or google play.  So, I guess they rotate even in there?  Not necessarily on the app.............But, of course, all this makes it easier and is actually innate knowledge for some people. 

16 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Nope. Got there at 12:20, spent maybe 5 mins in line, RFID on my iPhone wallet worked great. No futzing with any apps or internet connectivity or lost hard copy tickets. Big fan. 

Great, good for you. Loaded to wallet, but barcode never loaded. Had to stand in line for 15 minutes waiting for tickets to reload from BB. When iPhones transfer from wi-fi to a dedicated network(because the Bills wi-fi is spotty) they have a tendency to require your saved page to reload. Wallet was useless for me. 

Was told there was a “glitch” for some ticket transfers.

There were a lot of people, including younger fans having problems getting in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have read every post in this thread and saw no reference to any particular Cell carrier. I am coming up from Florida and am concerned about signal strength on my Sprint android at the stadium 

BTW. I have the Ticketmaster app. Will that work at the gate 

Edited by fl az fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fl az fan said:

I have read every post in this thread and saw no reference to any particular Cell carrier. I am coming up from Florida and am concerned about signal strength on my Sprint android at the stadium 

BTW. I have the Ticketmaster app. Will that work at the gate 

I never downloaded the app. I tried to access the ticket from ticketmaster.com. 

Download the app and load them up beforehand.

3 hours ago, dlonce said:

Great, good for you. Loaded to wallet, but barcode never loaded. Had to stand in line for 15 minutes waiting for tickets to reload from BB. When iPhones transfer from wi-fi to a dedicated network(because the Bills wi-fi is spotty) they have a tendency to require your saved page to reload. Wallet was useless for me. 

There were a lot of people, including younger fans having problems getting in.

Nice to feel validated instead of ridiculed when you're trying to help people not have the same experience you did. Thank you

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dlonce said:

Had tickets in the Ticketmaster and One Buffalo app and also in the wallet.  Like above, barcode never loaded in the wallet.

Got in line at Gate 4 at 12:15, got in stadium at 12:45.  Poor woman with the scanner was having a terrible time scanning my phone, even as the barcode was active.

There's got to be a better mousetrap.

There were definitely some issues. The lines were really slow getting in, and after in the stadium took forever to fill up. Luckily the tickets loaded fine on my wifes phone without issue. Now the concession lines at half time, that got us good. Missed about 10 mins of the 3rd quarter, because the workers were rather frazzled with the big lines.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Now the concession lines at half time, that got us good. Missed about 10 mins of the 3rd quarter, because the workers were rather frazzled with the big lines.

Regarding food, pulled into Wegmans on McKinley around 9:00 am and they had NINE people working the sub station...absolute seamless transaction.  Wegmans really knows what they're doing.

14 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Regarding food, pulled into Wegmans on McKinley around 9:00 am and they had NINE people working the sub station...absolute seamless transaction.  Wegmans really knows what they're doing.

Damn, nice tip! I grabbed my subs from dibellas the night before, and they were kind of soggy by lunch time.. lol

This discussion should be separated between iPhone owners and Android owners.  The electronic ticket issues are bad for anyone who didn't transfer the tix to their iPhone wallet.  Since this feature doesn't exist at all for Androids, expect to have ticketing trouble at the gates.  There are also serious communication issues between the teams' ticket apps and Ticketmaster.  If the passwords, don't match exactly, your accounts will be locked.

As said before, this technology wasn't ready to be deployed yet.

• Thank you (+1) 2

The tickets I got from Ticketmaster have a chip in it.  I was the Bills ticket folks about it and they said they dont have to be on my phone.  I can just use the tickets that were mailed to me.  Maybe the problem is only for season tix owners?

49 minutes ago, GG said:

This discussion should be separated between iPhone owners and Android owners.  The electronic ticket issues are bad for anyone who didn't transfer the tix to their iPhone wallet.  Since this feature doesn't exist at all for Androids, expect to have ticketing trouble at the gates.  There are also serious communication issues between the teams' ticket apps and Ticketmaster.  If the passwords, don't match exactly, your accounts will be locked.

As said before, this technology wasn't ready to be deployed yet.

Tried transferring tickets several times to Wallet and the barcode or whatever you need (QR?), never appeared.   Have used it for various Ticketmaster events in the past and it has worked.  Didn't know what the problem at New Era was.

The tickets on Apple Wallet do not use a barcode, they are NFC (Near Field Communication) tickets. So even though the tickets would have a barcode on TicketMaster/OneBuffalo apps, they don't once you save them to wallet. But they do show the little radio icon on the lower right corner and say 'Hold Near Reader', meaning they can be scanned with NFC.  That's how you get into the gate. Seems like a lot of folks are getting thrown for a loop just because there isn't a barcode.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Tried transferring tickets several times to Wallet and the barcode or whatever you need (QR?), never appeared.   Have used it for various Ticketmaster events in the past and it has worked.  Didn't know what the problem at New Era was.

See answer above.  There's no code when it's in Apple Wallet, just an icon

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, infernus said:

The tickets on Apple Wallet do not use a barcode, they are NFC (Near Field Communication) tickets. So even though the tickets would have a barcode on TicketMaster/OneBuffalo apps, they don't once you save them to wallet. But they do show the little radio icon on the lower right corner and say 'Hold Near Reader', meaning they can be scanned with NFC.  That's how you get into the gate. Seems like a lot of folks are getting thrown for a loop just because there isn't a barcode.

Good info here...wish the Bills would have transmitted as such.