Tickets on your phone? Beware

18 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Well I use the Ticketmaster app, but I guess you could just leave the browser up too.  It's even less hassle than having to waste ink printing stuff.

If you have an iPhone put them in your Apple wallet. You don’t need an internet connection to access them there.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe blame your carrier for having crappy and overloaded service near the stadium gates. ;)

When you have 70,000 people in a place that doesnt normally have 70,000 people, the cell service gets shot. Everybody is either pulling up their tickets, checking their fantasy team, or posting selfies online. I wish they'd have non-mobile gate lines available since i have season ticket card.

8 minutes ago, MDH said:

If you have an iPhone put them in your Apple wallet. You don’t need an internet connection to access them there.

But how does that help me get through the line when everybody in front of me didnt do that?

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

When you have 70,000 people in a place that doesnt normally have 70,000 people, the cell service gets shot. Everybody is either pulling up their tickets, checking their fantasy team, or posting selfies online. I wish they'd have non-mobile gate lines available since i have season ticket card.

They just have to work out some very crucial details, imagine it breaking down before the first home playoff game

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

For all the guys giving him grief about screenshots, I think I heard on WGR the other day that the tickets are using technology now that refreshes every 15 seconds, so a screenshot will not work.

Then neither will apple wallet

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gotta love the people that tell you they were fine so....

you are either a liar or a moron....

We were fine for a reason.  OP didn't do what we did.  Don't put words in our mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Ya keep the browser open and as a backup go ahead and download another browser like Chrome and load them up on there as well 

Y’all do know you can have multiple tabs open in the same browser, right? Also, that you can download the tickets to your Apple wallet so that you don’t have to worry about internet?

the bills literally sent out a notification through their app this morning regarding this

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes it does. It doesn’t refresh every 15 seconds, it only refreshes If you screenshot it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Y’all do know you can have multiple tabs open in the same browser, right? Also, that you can download the tickets to your Apple wallet so that you don’t have to worry about internet?

the bills literally sent out a notification through their app this morning regarding this

Yes it does. It doesn’t refresh every 15 seconds, it only refreshes If you screenshot it.

If the wallet isn't refreshing every 15 second , how does it let you get in to the game?

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Went to the game today with tickets purchased on NFL ticket exchange. Our phones couldn’t connect to the internet near the gates to pull up the tickets. The employees at the gates were zero help...and several people had the same issue as screenshots of tickets are no longer allowed. We literally just snuck in and found our seats. How they don’t have some other system in place for when the internet is slow is maddening. 

there is it is called putting the tickets in your wallet on your phone so they can update. Only was talked about all week 

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Apple wallet tickets refresh. It is same tech that airline tickets use now. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the wallet isn't refreshing every 15 second , how does it let you get in to the game?

Because it doesn’t have to. If you’re using the app, there isn’t even a barcode or QR code to begin with. It works like Apple Pay where you just hold the phone up to the reader

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

there is it is called putting the tickets in your wallet on your phone so they can update. Only was talked about all week 

Apple wallet tickets refresh. It is same tech that airline tickets use now. 

I screenshot plane tickets all the time.  It's all QR codes.  Same thing with Knicks tickets, etc.

11 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Because it doesn’t have to. If you’re using the app, there isn’t even a barcode or QR code to begin with. It works like Apple Pay where you just hold the phone up to the reader

Thanks.

I saw an older couple struggle with electronic phone tickets at a Major League Baseball game.  Electronic tickets on a phone are not for everyone.  Some people don’t understand all the technology changes and subtleties.  

Bring back paper for those that prefer it.

This is a time when we accommodate everyone and everything so this should not happen. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2