Tickets on your phone? Beware

Went to the game today with tickets purchased on NFL ticket exchange. Our phones couldn’t connect to the internet near the gates to pull up the tickets. The employees at the gates were zero help...and several people had the same issue as screenshots of tickets are no longer allowed. We literally just snuck in and found our seats. How they don’t have some other system in place for when the internet is slow is maddening. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

So you just leave the browser window open for hours? I used to screenshot them. Super annoyed with the experience either way but if that’s the way it’s gonna be they should let people know.

Well I use the Ticketmaster app, but I guess you could just leave the browser up too.  It's even less hassle than having to waste ink printing stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah....I hate this mobile ticket only bull####. If you want to go mobile that's fine, but you should also have the option of using a paper ticket. 

You do in NYS.  The law is that they must provide paper alternate when asked but they do not limit how much they can charge.

My understand is Bills ticket office will print them out for $5 each and this proves this is not security or anything else but way to get extra money and try to redirect them to vendors who give them kickbacks and advertise on NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Well I use the Ticketmaster app, but I guess you could just leave the browser up too.  It's even less hassle than having to waste ink printing stuff.

I think that’s the solution. I didn’t have the app and was trying to access the Ticketmaster website. Lots of other people were too so just tryin to let y’all know to be more prepared than I was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BrycePaup4ever said:

I dont think it will time out for you but try to load the browsers at the last possible moment...maybe after you park the car.

I come over from Canada and I load the tickets before I get to the border.  It's fine, nothing to BEWARE of.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Went to the game today with tickets purchased on NFL ticket exchange. Our phones couldn’t connect to the internet near the gates to pull up the tickets. The employees at the gates were zero help...and several people had the same issue as screenshots of tickets are no longer allowed. We literally just snuck in and found our seats. How they don’t have some other system in place for when the internet is slow is maddening. 

Maybe blame your carrier for having crappy and overloaded service near the stadium gates. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You do in NYS.  The law is that they must provide paper alternate when asked but they do not limit how much they can charge.

My understand is Bills ticket office will print them out for $5 each and this proves this is not security or anything else but way to get extra money and try to redirect them to vendors who give them kickbacks and advertise on NFL.

I'm buying tickets to Pitt/Hurricanes college game. It specifically says not to print tickets, which I think is complete bull####. There's no reason a paper ticket shouldn't be accepted. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Screenshots...the way of the future

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm buying tickets to Pitt/Hurricanes college game. It specifically says not to print tickets, which I think is complete bull####. There's no reason a paper ticket shouldn't be accepted. 

The only way it stops if people refuse to accept this and it hurts ticket sales which it may already.

I was in grocery store and all of the self checkout lines were open but they only had one cashier who had 7 people in line. A manager came over and said self checkout lines are available (like I could not see) and I stated "Sorry but they do not except store discount coupons. Open some more lines."  He said "I see no reason to do so at this time."  My reply "Yes you will need to have staff do restocking."  He said "Restocking?"  I replied "Yes, my cart. Not shopping today, if it happens again I stop shopping here."  and left line to leave.  Manager tried to get me to come back saying he would do line. "Next time I said, you have now more than 9 in line and it is YOUR store policy that those coupons need to be rang thru cashier." and left.

• Haha (+1) 3