Josh Allen - week THREE report card

rayray808

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Is Josh having trouble recognizing the blitzes? Is his receivers not recognizing them. In the second half he was holding on to the ball too long. I noticed that the Bengals were blitzing and he wasn't taking advantage of them. I'm curious to know if it was on him or the receivers 

Same here.  Daboll needs to give him some hot reads for all the blitzing he's seeing. 

Of course, it would be nice if Zay (1 catch a game) Jones knew how to read them as well...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You're right. People should watch it again. Five minutes to go. We desperately need a TD. We had no momentum. And he just leads them right down the field. I believe all eight of our TDs have been 70+ yards. 

His teammates had a little something to do with the final drive. Especially Dawson Knox.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

His teammates had a little something to do with the final drive. Especially Dawson Knox.

And yet if they didn't score it would be all on Josh. 

Not to mention that i hat I was referencing the plays that he made with his legs that the poster mentioned and I bolded. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

Is Josh having trouble recognizing the blitzes? Is his receivers not recognizing them. In the second half he was holding on to the ball too long. I noticed that the Bengals were blitzing and he wasn't taking advantage of them. I'm curious to know if it was on him or the receivers 

Be interesting to see if defenses are starting to key in on the short game sitting on routes where Brown and Beasley excel, which may have taken players out of the box allowing to Gore to get some nice runs up the middle.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I didn’t like his game today and I have been a Josh supporter. On to weeok 4

same here.  Bad game.  He escaped.  He knows it also.  He stared down too many WR's as well, which was odd to see after last week where he appeared to be using his eyes well.  Hopefully he throws to Knox more.  That guy runs angry.  I love it.  

40 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

23/36 - 243 yards - 1 TD, 1 INT - 9 carries for 46 yards

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

Today we got to see "streaky Josh" and it is my biggest fear about him. I am okay however if it is a few bad plays during a quarter, followed by a game winning drive. I just donʻt want his "lows" to last entire games.

I had him at a B-, however the INT is inexcusable... especially after experiencing the intentional grounding call. That should have been the light bulb moment. Heck, even the fumble should have been a learning moment where he realizes he just needs to settle in and put the nail in the coffin.

All in all, he is still progressing along enough to prove that he can take over this franchise and lead us to greatness. Today just happened to be his worst game of the season thus far IMO.

W

that is all

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Be interesting to see if defenses are starting to key in on the short game sitting on routes where Brown and Beasley excel, which may have taken players out of the box allowing to Gore to get some nice runs up the middle.  

Which is exactly the type of play where Allen was able to find Knox. Maybe as he continues to improve he will find those 2nd options faster.

14 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Remove the interception, and it's an A.  

But the interception changed the entire complexion of the game and got Cincinnati back into it.  So yeah, C seems about right.

the intentional grounding was also awful.  Use the arm strength and get it past the line of scrimmage.  He also missed Zay for a TD.  So he was all over the place today.  C sounds about right.  

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Motor will take one to the house if they try this

Just now, RyanC883 said:

the intentional grounding was also awful.  Use the arm strength and get it past the line of scrimmage.  He also missed Zay for a TD.  So he was all over the place today.  C sounds about right.  

The Zay pass was not a normal play. He was running like crazy and at the last second saw Zay and threw it awkward right at the line of scrimmage. He missed it for sure but it was not like a dropback and missing an open WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

B

He made mistakes which could cost us a game. He fixed it and engineered a game winning drive in 4 th quarter.

BTW 2nd such drive in 3 games.

I haven't forget Fitz, TT, EJ, Checkdown  and so on. Who of them could do it? Comparing to them he receives A -

Fitz maybe on his good day lol. But bad day oh no lol. 

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The absense of a credible third WR option allows teams to sit on Brown and Beasley.   

I'm afraid we'll have to wait another year for that, however...

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

same here.  Bad game.  He escaped.  He knows it also.  He stared down too many WR's as well, which was odd to see after last week where he appeared to be using his eyes well.  Hopefully he throws to Knox more.  That guy runs angry.  I love it.  

Love me some Knox. Yeah Josh just needs to go thru progressions and trust himself

• Like (+1) 1